Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Trader Vic's San Jose Airport, San Jose, CA (restaurant)

Pages: 1 21 replies

N

Name:Trader Vic's San Jose Airport
Type:restaurant
Street:1701 Airport Blvd
City:San Jose
State:CA
Zip:95110
Phone:

Description:
Coming soon

http://tradervics.com/locations/san-jose-airport/

Wow! That is some very cool news. Hope it happens.

DC

https://www.foodnewsfeed.com/content/trader-vics-open-norman-y-mineta-san-jose-international-airport

Trader Vic's to Open at Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport
March 09, 2018 | Industry News

Following the trend of elevated dining experiences at international airports around the world, Trader Vic’s Worldwide announces plans to bring its authentic island experience to Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport. Slated to open late 2018/early 2019, the brand adds a second Bay Area Trader Vic’s location, bring it to 20 worldwide.

Part of a $267 million upgrade to Terminals A & B, Trader Vic’s will offer SJC travelers a reprieve from the hustle and bustle of the airport and will feature a full-service restaurant with its innovative Asian fusion cuisine and classic Tiki cocktails that have cemented Trader Vic’s in food and cocktail history.

“As a restaurant that has been instrumental in shaping experiential dining for nearly 85 years, Trader Vic’s is honored to offer SJC guests, ‘first-class’ service whether they’re traversing the globe for fun or jumping on a flight for work,” says Executive Vice President of Trader Vic’s Worldwide, Rhett Rosen. “We are excited to do our part in enhancing airline travel, offering experiences reminiscent of a time focused on classic style and good times.”

Continuing to excite visitors around the world, this location follows Trader Vic’s most recent opening, the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah in March of 2018 marking the sixth UAE location. Additionally, Trader Vic’s has recently renewed a five-year term deal with one of its most popular East Asian locations, Trader Vic’s Tokyo, which opened in 1974.

The newest location is in partnership with HMSHost, a world-leader in creating dining for travel venues around the world.

I was just passing thru the SJC airport, and thought I would share some pics. Seeing as how I go thru this airport many times a year....I am VERY excited to see this happening !!

I'm not sure when this is going to open, but, I had read an article, that said it will be before the end of 2020. I'm hoping the Outpost will have some of their bottled items !!! :)

I peaked in the space between the doors.....there is platform scaffolding equipment in there, so they are working....just looks like they have a LOT of work to do still. But, I couldn't see through the doors on the other side. So, They might be trying to open the Outpost side first, while they continue to work on the restaurant side??

Either way, I can't wait!!

The website actually links to a picture of what looks like it's in the airport !! It might be finally opening soon :)

https://tradervics.com/locations/san-jose-airport/

...which would be really awesome...for when I fly in to get some Trader Vics Food and drinks !! Hooray !!

Good find! I heard the grab and go location will open first, then the restaurant/bar. Photo looks great, though.

The rendering has been updated on the website

A

On 2020-02-22 16:50, kevincrossman wrote:
The rendering has been updated on the website

Wow, looks even cooler. Sadly, I expect I'll never see it as I can't imagine that I'll ever need to go to the San Jose airport.

A

The way it's set up like that, in the open and all, 100% reminds me of the Tambu lounge at the Poly Resort in WDW. That's not a bad thing.

F

Hey now! Thanks for the update. Glad this thing appears to actually be coming to fruition (I didn’t think it would happen after such long delays). I like the concept design. Hope to check it out eventually.
Cheers!
:drink:

H
Hamo posted on Sat, Feb 29, 2020 4:37 PM

Once it's open, I'll fly into San Jose the next time I make it to the Bay Area just so I can experience this location. Plus, the airport is close to the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum, which I really want to visit, too.

H
Hamo posted on Sat, Feb 29, 2020 4:38 PM

On 2020-02-23 04:26, PockyTiki wrote:
The way it's set up like that, in the open and all, 100% reminds me of the Tambu lounge at the Poly Resort in WDW. That's not a bad thing.

I get what you mean; I really enjoyed the Tambu when I was there last October.

A

On 2020-02-22 19:04, arriano wrote:

Wow, looks even cooler. Sadly, I expect I'll never see it as I can't imagine that I'll ever need to go to the San Jose airport.

What a difference a few days can make -- I now have a layover in San Jose on a flight back from Reno on March 27. It would be great if it was opened by then.

H
Hamo posted on Mon, Mar 16, 2020 11:10 PM

On 2020-03-15 15:02, arriano wrote:
What a difference a few days can make -- I now have a layover in San Jose on a flight back from Reno on March 27. It would be great if it was opened by then.

Boy, what a difference a few more days can make.... I'd be surprised if this project isn't further delayed now. I hope your other plans aren't too disrupted.

Well, Trader Vic's released the San Jose merchandise before the opening so at least there is that opportunity.

DC

A

On 2020-03-16 23:10, Hamo wrote:

On 2020-03-15 15:02, arriano wrote:

Boy, what a difference a few more days can make.... I'd be surprised if this project isn't further delayed now. I hope your other plans aren't too disrupted.

Exactly. Trip was cancelled (obviously). Maybe next year (if the bar manages to survive till then).

The world’s greatest airport bar is at San Jose International, at least as far as this writer has experienced: Trader Vic’s San Jose Airport.

Mrs Mai Tai and I breezed through security in less than 10 minutes and landed at Gate 22 to have brunch at Trader Vic’s. Staff was super friendly, even suggesting an off-menu San Francisco Mai Tai. The standard issue was just fine for me, and you know what it tastes like? It tastes like a Trader Vic’s Mai Tai.

I also tried the signature cocktail for the location, the Pilo Pilo. Fruity and delicious.

My Salmon Bowl was an unexpected pleasure. Plenty hearty with a gigantic portion of salmon. This was really great, I’d love to see this at other Vic’s locations.

The restaurant and bar are on the gangway side of the Airport, so this is sort of like the Vic’s in Emeryville except it is a different kind of vessel that you’re looking at. The Outpost across the way has merch and some grab and go items.

It’s always great to see a new Trader Vic’s, especially stateside. The place is well positioned in the terminal and was busy the entire time we were there. Check it out and try to fly SJC on your next trip.

N

imagine my surprise when i just got an email notification from tikicentral.com! thought id never see this place again. uyht

Updated food and cocktail menu (via Trader Vic's SJC's Instagram stories)Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 10.37.33 AMScreenshot 2023-07-19 at 10.37.36 AM

Pages: 1 21 replies