Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

anyone interested in a monthly Mai-Kai meeting?

Pages: 1 8 replies

It was really great meeting lots of you at Hukilau 2003! I thought it would be fun to organize a monthly get together of local TCers at the Mai-Kai. If we RSVP'd, the mgr of Mai-Kai (Kern) would probably be glad to save a table for us in the Molokai bar. I spoke with him, and he said he may even be able to line up some special things like "rum tastings". (mmmmmm.... rummmm) We could do something like first Wed of each month or such (Wed is "free sushi happy hour"). And, remember, drinks are 2-for-1 during happy hour!

Anyone interested?

That's a little too far for us to do on anything like a regular basis, but if you get organized we'll try to plan future trips to include a Wednesday night.

M
Mambo posted on Wed, Sep 3, 2003 5:25 PM

Yea Mon,
Count me in.

T

My power pop band (http://www.barelypink.com) is playing Miami on Sept. 26th and in Delray Beach on the 27th and I was planning on swinging by the Mai Kai, conveniently located smack dab betwixt the two, for Happy Hour on Saturday the 27th. Anyone wanna meet up then ...? My bass player is similarly tiki-mad like me and attended Hukilau as well but the singer and drummer are uninitiated in the ancient ways ... a Mystery Drink may be in order!

Swanky and I will be in town to plan next years Hukilau on Sept. 12 & 13. If anyone wants to meet up with us just let us know.

D

If I lived closer, I would suggest a WEEKLY meeting at Mai Kai :drink:

[ Edited by: donhonyc on 2003-09-07 23:44 ]

S
Swanky posted on Mon, Sep 8, 2003 4:17 PM

If I lived closer, I'd make a near daily meeting at the Mai Kai! Can you imagine how life would be if every day after work you hit happy hour at the Mai Kai?

I asked Kern if I could just put a pull-skirt around one of the tables, pop in a phone and a cot, and live there full time. Could you visualize me sitting in a chair in the room with the Mongolian ovens in a sauna robe with a towel around my neck telling the chefs "Oh...don't mind me."?

I could probably make it quarterly, I'm to busy and lazy to make the drive from Cocoa every month. Is that pitiful?
Oh well let me know what happens.

Flounder

Pages: 1 8 replies