Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

My birthday present: a great Kona Lanes T-shirt!

Pages: 1 0 replies

Hey all, long time no see! I searched for this topic but didn't find any, so I'm posting it new.

A few months ago I found that a really great Kona Lanes t-shirt was being sold online at TeePublic.com, by Dark Vortex Clothing Company, which is located in Corona, CA. Having lived just down Harbor Blvd. from Kona Lanes in the mid-90s, and still missing that great spot, I'd posted on my Facebook about it, hinting (nudge-nudge-style) to anyone about my then-upcoming birthday (which was August 2), and how that'd be a superb present. Well, my awesome sister in Lakewood got it for me, and I received it this week (late for the birthday but I don't mind!), and I just love representing Orange County and especially Tiki culture here in the Big Apple!

So I wanted to share this with everyone, and anyone who wants to pay tribute to the long-gone Kona Lanes can do so just for the cost of a t-shirt! Lots of different colors are available too, and sizes from S to 5XL, so there's sure to be one for pretty much everybody!

By the way, despite my name (which I chose back in the early 00s), I'm no longer in Texas, I'm currently in New York City. Wish I could get my user name changed but with Hanford not around much these days I guess I'm stuck, huh?

Pages: 1 0 replies