Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Bosko and the Rebirth of Tiki release at Tiki Ti Feb 27

Pages: 1 17 replies

[Kurt Mattila/Rob Wilson] and I are excited to finally announce the Digital HD and DVD release of “Bosko and the Rebirth of Tiki.” We’ve expanded the festival version from 32 to 57 min, adding additional scenes with Sven Kirsten and Jeff Berry, as well as new interviews with Disney Legend Rolly Crump, Mike Buhen Sr. from the Tiki-Ti, and newly-discovered archival material from Sven and Tim “Swanky” Glazner.

On Thurs. Feb. 27 we’ll be having a DVD release/signing at the Tiki-Ti from 4-7pm with Bosko, Truus, Jeff Berry, and Mike Buhen Sr.
For those unable to attend, the film will be available online the following day to purchase (Digital HD and DVD) and rent/stream. More details to come.

Looking forward to sharing this new version of the film with you all!

M

Aloha Tiki Bosko! I am really looking forward to seeing this new release. Really exciting history. :tiki: :music:

H
Hamo posted on Tue, Feb 11, 2020 6:45 PM

Thanks for letting us know, Bosko. I can't wait to add this to my collection right next to The DVD of Tiki.

T

Very cool, love Boskos works!

Thanks, Kurt and Rob did an amazing job on the documentary, if you knew nothing about Tiki or its origins you would come away with quite a bit of knowledge. Look forward to seeing everyone at Tiki Ti.

[ Edited by: TIKIBOSKO 2020-02-14 10:52 ]

Thank you so much for doing this !!!! I am very excited to see it.....and unfortunately can't make it on Thursday, so, I am even more appreciative that the DVD will be available for purchase.

Mahalo nui loa!!

[ Edited by: PineappleWhip 2020-02-14 13:17 ]

I keep checking the website to see when the DVD will be released !!!! I cant wait :)

https://www.tikibosko.com/

All the info will be here, https://rebirthoftiki.com/ Thanks!

[ Edited by: TIKIBOSKO 2020-02-24 19:25 ]

The great thing about Bosko is when you see his work you know "It's by Bosko"
He has his own style and it will be forever his style so when a copy of it is made it will be seen as a copy.

That's the goal as an artist to crate your own style/design that when people see it you can tell the artist that made it.

The first mugs I got were by Bosko and ITV.
Being in Ohio I had to send away for them.

H
Hamo posted on Wed, Feb 26, 2020 8:28 PM

Thanks for sharing the dedicated website--I've preordered my DVD!

On 2020-02-26 20:28, Hamo wrote:
Thanks for sharing the dedicated website--I've preordered my DVD!

Likewise!!! I have pre-ordered mine as well !!! Thank you !!

H
Hamo posted on Sat, Feb 29, 2020 3:22 PM

Anybody make it to the Tiki Ti signing and take pictures they can post here?

T

I made it by the Tiki Ti! Just slow at posting anything I can't do thru my phone.
We had an amazing night, thanks to everyone who came out! For those of you that didn't there's always http://www.rebirthoftiki.com or maybe you'll see us at an event someday?
The two things we been consistently hearing; Great documentary! And this is something that even someone who knows nothing about Tiki would like! The whole crew did an amazing job showing the history of Tiki, great interviews lots of eye candy!

The brains of TikiBosko!

Mike Buhen Sr and I

Our friends at Tiki Ti

Real drink in a real mug for a real man!

My very best Alohas!

Bosko

Bought it. Great film that holds up to repeat viewings. Some nice extras as well.

H
Hamo posted on Wed, Mar 4, 2020 9:53 PM

Great pics, Bosko! Plus, my DVD shipped on Saturday and arrived yesterday. I'm excited to watch it in a day or two. Thanks!

H
Hamo posted on Fri, Mar 13, 2020 8:53 PM

This is an excellent documentary, and the disc's special features are great, too. I'm certain everyone here will love it, so add it to your collection if you haven't already.

Thanks so much Hamo! Hope all fans of Tiki can get a look at it.

Bosko

We have been to Bosco's lectures at Tiki Events so we know this DVD will be something special.

Every time a book or DVD comes out it keeps tiki alive and well. By the way, stay well my friends
by never touching your faces unless you are home and have just scrubbed your hands (between your fingers
too). A child has it here in our town so no one is safe. Live life but be cautious. Wendy

Pages: 1 17 replies