Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra

Pages: 1 7 replies

"See The Unbridled Fury of ANIMALA!"

Woohoo! Worth the admission price to see her fury!

i can't wait to see
"The sensous dance of the aliens!"

It's another screen gem from the company that gave you "Zombies of Mora Tau" and "Lawrence of Arabia"!

C

May god have mercy on us all!

Chongolio

I have a screener of this flick. Sony has picked this indie up and is planning a wide release in the Spring. It's a terrific low-budget send-up for classics 50s B sci-fi like "The Astounding She Monster" "Catwomen on the Moon" etc though I think the somewhat obscure niche references might be a bit oblique for a general audience outside of the cult movie fringe. (I believe "Ed Wood" is a masterpiece but bombed at the box office because I don't think most people understood the appeal of this milieu.) Definitely catch it in any format if and when you can, it's a hoot.

A

I'll definitely be checking this out. The website was pretty nice. Hopefully they'll release real versions of the collectibles!

Ed Wood flopped because it was given a half-ass wide release and then promptly pulled from most theaters after a lackluster performance. If it had been given an arthouse release and been allowed to develop an audience it would've done much better.
A

Just rented the DVD of "The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra." A hoot, indeed! Well acted, in a bad way. Cleverly edited, in a sloppy way. Great special effects, in a CHEAP way. Lame story, in a brilliant way. Weird Unc says "Check it out!"

Pages: 1 7 replies