Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Caliente 13, Palm Springs

Pages: 1 5 replies

Tiki Caliente starts tomorrow. I'm sure it's sold out but I'm planing to go to the Marketplace Sunday (open to the public at 10am). Who is going? 2022-05-12_7-41-11

H
Hamo posted on Mon, May 16, 2022 8:36 PM

Mike, I hope you and everybody else who went to Caliente had a great time. I got an email from polynesianpop inviting his Patreon supporters to a room party on Saturday--too bad I wasn't there!

[ Edited by Hamo on 2022-05-17 18:09:21 ]

Sorry we missed you MDM, it was a fun, hot as in Fahrenheit, Soiree where we consumed more potent potables then we did all through the last 2 and a half years of the pandemic, the crowd is noticeably getting long in the tooth (defiantly not me, at least after a nap!) and was a tad lower key then previous years, which suited me fine.

The pool was filled with pale partiers day and night, whom never left for a bathroom break, so the pool was most off limits to the discerning few, For those who have a propensity for Yacht Rock, it was noticeably absent for the most part, which I was mildly ecstatic that was the case, much to the chagrin of those hoping it was going to be a weekend of nose candy and Michael McDonald tunes, 13 was not an unlucky number, see everyone next year!

Hamo! That would have been quite a drive for you!

ATP, we ended up going for a few hours Sunday, I wish we had bumped into each other. Yeah, I can do without the yacht rock too LOL, there was a reason why we left that in the 80s!

H
Hamo posted on Thu, May 19, 2022 10:14 PM

Adrian has a video recap of weekend highlights, including a cool Eekum Bookum mug making demonstration:

Tiki Caliente 13 at the Caliente Tropics Resort and The Reef in Palm Springs, CA!
https://youtu.be/sRLtH0xY1jg

Nice! Thanks Hamo!

Pages: 1 5 replies