Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Spike's Breezeway Cocktail Hour

Pages: 1 27 replies

For those who haven't already found it, I started a YouTube show that centers around "the cocktails and culture of the Golden Age of Tiki." 130-something episodes and almost 14,000 subscribers to the channel as of now.

Covid basically shut my band down (The Hula Girls) and this was what replaced it...

The most recent episode explores a guy named Stephen Crane: https://youtu.be/YrFRxMIYB8c

H
Hearn posted on Wed, Nov 16, 2022 6:35 AM

By FAR...the Best Tiki-Centric Show on The Internet Webs!

GROG highly recommend watching.

T

Have watched your show it is great.

BUT how about a show about the photo shoots you do in the Breezeway?

Like a behind the scenes type thing.

Have often thought a TV show just showing girl model shoots on late at night would win all rating counts for that time slot. Kinda like that Taxicab confessions show that was on, crazy stuff on that show.

I always enjoy the Breezeway shows. How you manage to maintain such a crazy production schedule boggles my mind.

Tikiskip--Spike has a second Youtube channel called SPIKE MARBLE that has some behind the scenes videos from some of his photoshoots.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8XZlMZPR0z14pNhCwEUg_w/videos

T

Watch the show every week. Great job Spike. Greg (Scott - Facebook) from Rhode Island. You have been a huge inspiration for my bar build. Thanks!

Thanks so much everyone.

A few years ago I tried to film all of my pinup shoots and create videos for them. When I watch them now, the editing feels a little bloated... and the videos just weren't really getting traction with the YouTube algorithm. But if you're curious, they are still there for ya.

The production schedule that I try to keep is all-consuming. When people say that they are going to do a tiki show or a cocktail show, I say, 'good luck.' And I sincerely mean it. The time spent shooting and editing is insane... the gear that you need to film this stuff to look professional is prohibitively expensive (thankfully I also use that stuff for my other career). Scheduling guests is in itself, a whole separate job. I really do appreciate anyone who subscribes to the channel www.youtube.com/thehulagirls or who joins the Patreon. It's keeping me going.

I'm back in the office of my day job now and it's making this show exceedingly difficult to keep up with... BUT with the help of some serious sponsors, I'm hoping to make the show my main thing. My goal for next year is to double the output of content and really make a dent in YouTube. The overarching plan is to continue to celebrate the cocktails and culture of the Golden Age of tiki while sometimes interviewing guests or involving adjacent topics.

*Bar owners who may be seeing this, I am available to travel and feature your bar. Please contact me at [email protected] Here is an example from the Inferno Room in Indiana. https://youtu.be/HTZ5K5srELU

Tonight I'm reviewing a 14-piece Cocktail Set from A Bar Above. Every week, the show premiers on youtube at 6:30pst with a pre-party on @thehulagirls Instagram Live starting at 6:00. I've done almost 130 of those. Make yourself a daiquiri, I hope to see ya there!

T

Will check out the other YouTube vids as well.

Good luck!!

👏 You’ll get there, no doubt in my mind.

Love the show, Spike! Joined the Patreon.

Thank you so much, Kevin!

Here's tonight's episode: https://youtu.be/6iaILsyrOt8

Damn. Missed the live premiere! And that's going to be my last chance for awhile because I'm going out of state and there is no internet at my mom's cave.

I may be biased but I think this is the best episode!!!

https://youtu.be/_4W87kox7Yo

That was a good episode, and the Ben Zombie is a damned fine drink.

I've missed quite a few live premieres recently, too, GROG; the live chats are usually fun. I also have a few episodes to catch up on.

Thanks for a great show, Spike!

Bumping Spike's thread, because if you don't watch his Youtube channel----you should.

I was finally able to log in again!

If you haven't already seen it, I did a whole episode on FIRE and tiki cocktails!! firebar

If you're looking for some tips on how to set cocktails ablaze, this is your guide. Also... Don't try this at home.

https://youtu.be/sBI0n4MPnG0

[ Edited by Luckydesigns on 2023-02-15 15:25:16 ]

[ Edited by Luckydesigns on 2023-02-15 15:26:01 ]

Is this you on the video? That is your home tiki bar or commercial? That looks awesome, and those videos are awesome.

Good show Spike, but Fire is not my friend. While drinking many Blues Flames with 2 crazy female Bartenders in the 80's, I lit my then 'stach on fire. 😱🔥🔥 Perhaps other thing were involved.🤔😈

It is me and my bar, Davor. You can see more about my home bar in the Home Tiki Bar section of TC under the "Breezeway" thread.

...I think I might have seen a few of these, but the rum is dulling my memory. :-)

All about Exotikon, featuring Shag, Sven, the Tonga Hut and more! exotikon_thumbnail

Love the show, The Guests, the Drinks, the Shirts and the amazing Decor. Fantastically shot and and inspiration to me and as I am sure to many others out there.

K

I am a big fan of the show as well! I want to congratulate you Spike for taking the plunge and deciding to do the Tiki content full time! Cheers!

Love the show. Been watching for awhile now and when I couldn't make it to your Kowloon meetup I was extraordinarily sad. Sad, but totally stoked the Northeast still is getting some love.

N

I love the show and your bar! I first started watching about 2.5 years ago when I decided to rebuild my tiki bar and wondered what I might find for examples on YouTube... was instantly overwhelmed by your bar's detail and subscribed. It even helped my wife understand my new addiction! So thanks for all the work you put into it!

Big fan of this channel!

Pages: 1 27 replies