Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central 2.0 - The Beta / Changelog

Improved Topic Search

Pages: 1 6 replies

Hi Tiki Centralites,

I've pushed up an experimental topic search with lightning fast results for everyone to play with. It searches the topic titles and orders by relevance. Some of the filtering options of the current post search are not available (yet) but the experience is 1000x better.

Test it out and let me know how it goes: https://tikicentral.com/topicsearch.php

Cheers Leevi

Wow! That is lightning fast!

Sorry for the multiple posts, but I obviously missed a few updates. This is great, super fast. Thanks!

T

leevigraham is there any way that you can add the experimental search engine to the Search function? I seem to be using it most the time now and since its been pushed down the Forums list it's kind of buried.

I think we can replace the default search with the new engine. Just gotta find some time to get it done.

leevigraham I haven't been able to make the improved Topic Search to work for quit a while now... do you know about this?

Yeah… meilisearch moved to a paid service. There's a host your own but I haven't got around to setting it up on the current server. I still have to check if it's actually possible on the current hosting as I'm not fully in control of it.

Pages: 1 6 replies