Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Kirkland Signature (Costco) Barrel Aged Rum 15 Year, and XO Guatemala

Pages: 1 2 replies

K

Been browsing r/Costco_Alcohol on Reddit lately much to my amusement. Recently I saw some surprises in the rum world, at least for good ol' Kirkland Signature. A lot of other spirits they provide can be pretty decent for the money, or so I'm told. But where was all the rum love? Looks like our day is here – it's still in pretty low stock nationwide, but if you hit up customer service from coscto.com and find your local warehouse, you can put in a request and you might get a manager's response such as I did.

PXL_20231115_043914223

Did some basic tests to start off: neat/rocks/daiquiri. Haven't bothered making a mai tai with it yet (would probably find another rum to partner with) but to start it's not too bad considering it was only $21. Honestly so far I've just done it on the rocks for a basic rum experience that won't break the bank. I'm no connoisseur but I can tell good from bad, know what I like, etc etc. Give it a shot! It's not gonna be Foursquare but that's okay!

Just when I thought I was all set in the rum world, somebody posted this:

or9x5ahm6z0c1

(Not my picture) The XO is from Guatemala. Haven't seen it around me yet and it sounds like there aren't many sightings yet either. I'm not too up to date on the Guatemalan distilleries, but when the time comes I'll grab a bottle as well.

[ Edited by kkocka on 2023-11-26 13:33:31 ]

Keith - please keep us posted. A lot of folks like to trash the Kirkland generics, so with the exception of their cognac, I have not bought. Definitely interested in buying in the future.

The Kirkland XO cognac us a great mixer and smooth sipper, btw. I serve it to guests after dinner sometimes and it’s always a treat.

K

I've been eyeing that XO Cognac for a long time, maybe I'll pull the trigger in the near future. Also of note, coming soon is an orange liqueur. I don't particularly need another at the moment but I'll be keeping an eye out for reviews.

Pages: 1 2 replies