Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Tiki Central logo
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Ernie Menehune

Pages: 1 6 replies

D

Some avid collectors in here probably already know of Ernie. But I just did a symposium on May, 2024 at Tiki Caliente in Palm Springs on Ernie Menehune--Hawaii's Sun Tanned Irishman. If you are interested, here is a copy of the symposium discussing Ernie's life, music and career. Enjoy!

YOUTUBE VIDEO: Its about 58 minutes. https://youtu.be/DDRQXOrJdNg?si=0UvjgvPZW_dvawMN

[ Edited by Digitiki on 2024-07-10 14:40:07 ]

Wow, thanks for sharing. We will check this out over the weekend. We can't ever make it out there for the event, but have enjoyed Palm Springs twice previously. For those of us who are far from Cali, Mahalo!

H
Hamo posted on Wed, Jul 10, 2024 8:44 PM

That's a great presentation, Mark! But I can't believe that you buried the lede about the mug and flash drive with all of Ernie's music....

Very cool, saving to my watch list now, thanks!

Really nice work, I learned alot and enjoyed the video on Ernie! I need to get that "Show Time" record in the collection....the craziest part to learn was the green carpet! Amazing stuff, what an icon, what a character!unnamed

D

I know this may be more appropriate for the marketplace, but since this is all about Ernie, here is the latest: The complete Ernie Menehune discography with Eekum Bookum tiki mug (limited to 100). Comes with a bamboo flash drive with the name MENEHUNE laser etched into it, with EVERY recording by Ernie, all albums remastered from the master tapes + a new double live recording of Ernie from 1972 and a whole lot more. Check it out!! The mug is so beautiful. https://digitiki.com/giftshop.html! Final Mud FRONT and BACK

[ Edited by Digitiki on 2024-07-23 17:38:55 ]

Very cool indeed! I love that the mug harkens back to Ernie's carvings. Great font choice too.

[ Edited by sailorsolomon on 2024-07-24 02:49:45 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies