Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

pics of stuff fo da Tikis Grill and Bar Waikiki

Pages: 1 22 replies

G

Heres a lil'mo eye candy fo da Tikis down in Waikiki. it will be goin onto da interance wall so wen you braddahs and sisstaz come visit paradise make sure you rub these carvings to let me know you stoped by.

I'm only half way done. He wants another Maori tiki like da 5 footer on da left and a Rapa Nui Kava Kava Moai on a shield and a thatch bamboo roof. BIZZZZZY! He has a lot a framed leopard Mark Ryden prints so he wanted to carry it on the outside wall too.

shoooootz

MC

I saw Tiki Bar and grill when I was visiting. Your tikis will have good company---there's beautiful original Shags there and also a Crazy Al tiki (I'm pretty sure). I like how their bar taps have wooden tiki handles!
M C

[ Edited by: manic cat on 2003-09-17 09:21 ]

If I was there I'd lend a hand, or ....a chisel to meet that deadline.

G

Aloha Manic, you crazy wahine.

Chiki, ohhhh how i wish you lived here! we would pound out Waikiki together. my hands and back have been killing me. If it gets hectic and I move back to Cali....we gotta put our skillz together as Bob and Leroy and start our own thing brah. Think about it.

Mike,

Dig your work on the mask and pole. Like the pineapple detail on the mask. You are really turning out some fine pieces.

(but I still really like my Tangaroa you did a few years back, he's been there for all the parties I've had in the bar)

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2003-09-17 12:13 ]

G

Aloha braddah Bong, I see you rubbing it into "Lucky D" on that Tangaroa. I would love to here you braddahs play and sip on your delicious Maitais one day.

Thats a antique gecko tiki you got there by da way. I'm glad you bought that a few years ago. You're a great collector! There's a lot of mana in that tiki. It road with me from California to Colorado. From Colorado back to Calli and into you tiki bar. Thats always going to be a special one to me being that I carved it outside while it was snowing! you got it for a great price too! I just sold one similar for $575 to a couple from South Carolina.

If I ever move back one day, I would like to visit all of my customers.

gnarly stuff gecko! gnarly!

Great stuff. You da monsta.

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-05 13:21 ]

G
GECKO posted on Wed, Sep 24, 2003 9:49 PM

Almost DONE!! looks like I'm gonna meet da ded line! AUWWWIE!

here's a couple mo pics. Da shield is of a Kava Kava of Rapa Nui(Easter Island). I maid wun a these fo ebay a while back and da owner of Tikis' liked it so, here is his.

I did it using some witco style...technques. No chain saw though, da cuts were to close for a chain saw.

das'it

shooootz

Damn Gecko, those carvings are the sh*t! Hey brah, Me, Hula Hula, and Chiki gonna be in Oahu from 11/17-11/21. Maybe we can stop by The Tikis and check them out in their new home? Oh yeah, and La Mariana's too!

Fine art braddah, very fine.

Polly, dam, wish I could go with you guys. But I'll be goin' next summer fo sho. Can't wait to hear about all da' braddahs escapades.

G

ya wat evas Pop, you braddahz ben saying dat fo wat? 6 months already! stop procrastinating....didn't know local boys knew words li'dat did ya! anyways, I'll be looking towards da visit...I got Big Al and Pearly Shells next week...TC members are welcomed to my house anytime...jus come with a 6 pack Hinano(Tahitian beer)

Tanks J.T, i could have done betta but wen you get wun ded line and your da only employee....not good fo me. Any carvers wana move to Hawaii and join me I'm taking applications

live aloha

You da man, playa playa!

Gecko - these are great!
The Rapa Nui shield is really nice...I like the rib detailing.

Thanks for posting
Ran

Gecko, awesome as always. Maybe we will be able to make that trade at a later date. When were both not so busy.
Keep up the great work brah!

G

tanks Kick da Reverbe! maybe you'll come to da islands and see them with a maitai in your hand and Waikiki as your view.

Sounds good bruddah Flounda! maybe afta da year is ova.

aloha

Boy oh boy, those are fine. I'm proud of you, G-man! Hey, maybe if THE TIKIS do decide to franchise, you will become the Barney West of this new chain...
It is really rewarding for me, who, devoid of practical artistic talent, decided to just use his EYES, to now witness how I have inspired and caused the raising of Tiki temples and the making of Tiki art in the very cradle of it.
But then, I was just the tool. Thank you, TIKI !

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2003-09-30 15:33 ]

G
GECKO posted on Tue, Sep 30, 2003 2:59 AM

Mahaloz "Big B" I have you to thank for the hook up! might never have happend without your input to da owner and that tiki Bible that you wrote!!

I do remember him saying the "franchise" word while the 3 of us had dinner....he has hinted it around to me a couple times since also. It would be a dream to be the Barney West of this Restaurant but, I'm happy with what I have been blessed with already by da bruddah upstairs.

Of course your beautiful book getting all of these peeps into this exotic way of living is truly a blessing too.

Okole Maluna to TIKI!

D

On 2003-09-24 22:00, PolynesianPop wrote:
Hey brah, Me, Hula Hula, and Chiki gonna be in Oahu from 11/17-11/21.

OOH! we'll just miss you.. we're going to be in Oahu Nov 8-12, then Kauai till nov 22.

NICE work, Gekko!!! these will be at which restaurant?? i'll drop you an email ~ maybe we can get together for a drink or two!

elicia

G
GECKO posted on Wed, Oct 15, 2003 1:26 AM

eh dogbytes give me a email when you come to da islands we can get together.

they put up the mask and the bamboo roof type thing i made for tikis but he liked the panel and the tikis so much he brought them to his house and has them on diplay there.

now he's ordering a tiki that looks like the one I did for Martin Denny for his mom...da mans got money to burn.

B

Some of Geckos Old carvings

Gecko, This older work is really nice. Thanks Ben for bumping this one up. These old posts give a lot of insight into what's been happening on TC over the years.

Pages: 1 22 replies