Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Help me test this new feature: Remember Password

Pages: 1 18 replies

And the hits just keep on a comin ...

Hi all,

I've added what I believe is the ability to have your password saved on your PC so you don't have to enter it all the time when you come to TC ...

Imagine, never lose a post becuase you logged in incorrectly ... getting your private messages notification the second you visit TC ...

I think it needs some testing. Here's how it works:

• For this to work, you must have chosen the "remember my settings for 1 year" option in the "edit preferences" section. If you have to type your user name in (not just password) when you log in, then you'll need to turn this option on.
  • To turn "Remember Password" on, you have to log in using the "login" link in the upper-right control area, or just click here
  • When entering your password, click thie "remember password on this computer" option, just below the password area.
  • For the next 30 days, you will not need to log in. When you visit the site, you'll automatically be logged in.
  • To get turn this option, click the logout link. You'll be logged off and the next time you return to TC, you'll need to log in again.
  • Currently the login only lasts for 30 days. Should it be more? should it be less?

I have put this together and tested it somewhat, but I'm not sure if it works. Try it out, and report back here in this email your experience (both good and bad). I'm really interested if it doesn't work or freaks out on you.

Mahalo,

Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2003-09-24 03:23 ]

What website was I at?

Hey Now Hanford,

So far, so good! I've been on and off the site a half a dozen times and no problems. :)
I'll keep it going for awhile and let you know of any snags along the way.

Tim

it's working great so far - and i like this feature very much...

M

It's working for me on my Mac in both IE 5 and Safari. Personally, I'd vote for longer than 30 days, but even at thirty it's a big improvement! Thanks!

[ Edited by: makemake on 2003-09-24 18:25 ]

It didn't work for me. We'll see how it goes.
My user name is remembered but not my password.

[ Edited by: jungletrader on 2003-09-24 20:43 ]

JungleTrader:

Interesting... did you login with the "Remember Password" option turned on?

Thanks,

Hanford

Yes.

S
SES posted on Wed, Sep 24, 2003 10:38 PM

[ Edited by: susane on 2004-01-20 06:29 ]

JC, SES,

did you both have to turn the "remember my username" option on before attempting the "remember password" option?

~Hanford

worked great for me!!

S
SES posted on Wed, Sep 24, 2003 11:30 PM

[ Edited by: susane on 2004-01-20 06:30 ]

S
SES posted on Wed, Sep 24, 2003 11:33 PM

[ Edited by: susane on 2004-01-20 06:31 ]

Hey Now Hanford,

This is a test on my end. If you are reading this, then the new feature is pulling an end run around "Net Nanny". A big + on my end, no more deactivating the program to post!

Thanks,
Tim

Doesn't work for me, for some reason.

Ran

Hi Hanford,
It works for me.
Maybe for the TCers that it doesn't work for is because their "do not allow cookies" is activated, or if they choose the "high risk" security option, this disables cookies too.
You probably already know this already, as you are an accomplished web designer.
All in all, I love comming to this website. keep up the great work! I think we all owe you a mai tai of thanks.
(Unga, what a brown noser you are.)

Well, it remembers my username, but not my password...Oh well, it has cut my typing in half to log on...that's a bonus :)

B

This feature works great for me as long as I don't logout which is fine. Thanks a heap!

try hitting the enter key in the username box (after your name) - it should automatically type in your password even if it's not automatically showing up.

Pages: 1 18 replies