Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

CANCELLED, Jimmy Buffett show, Irvine 09/26/03

Pages: 1 9 replies

Just in case any of my fellow Tiki fans were planning on hitting the Buffet show this Saturday in Irvine, I thought I'd save you the drive & disappointment: Update from Margaritaville.com: Due to the critical nature of his mother's illness, Jimmy Buffett is immediately returning to Alabama to be at her side. Regrettably, both tonight's concert at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mtn. View, CA and Saturday's at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre in Irvine, CA have been cancelled. Jimmy trusts that his fans will understand. Refunds will be available at point of purchase.

Thanks for the update Bob. :lol:
By the way, welcome to TIKI Central.

Does this mean I should stop bombarding his 800 number with calls that he should pay Trader Vic for the use of Tiki Time?

No, You should probably keep calling. A cancelled show has no relation to the need to pay Trader Vic for the use of "Tiki Time". =)

Oh Shit! Man, I had front row tickets for Jimmy Buff-it. Now tiki means nothing to me. I mean 'JB' IS tiki. When the ancient Polynesians thought 'Tiki', the folklore goes, they envisioned a hoale God idolized by mullets.

(Where's the nightshade?)

On 2003-09-26 10:59, Bamboo Bob wrote:
Just in case any of my fellow Tiki fans were planning on hitting the Buffet show this Saturday in Irvine...

Can I see a show of hands of all others besides Tiki_Bong that were going to be attending?
Maybe we could organize a last minute Tiki Crawl to Margaritaville to drown our sorrows. Whats that "Buff-it" 800 number? :lol:

I like J.B. One of the few, and I don't care what other people think. So there!!

L

I like him and was able to get to the San Diego show. Lots of huge tikis, hula girls, and even a fire dancer. As always, I had a blast. The people you meet there are so nice, when you park at a J.B. concert you are sure to make some new friends. I DID have tickets for Irvine but I heard his Mom passed away. I also don't care what others think and I know there are plenty of respected TC members who are fans too. It'll be a long wait until next year :(

Anyone wana buy 1,000 "Tiki Time" signs???

Hey Ben I thought that lady from Blue Sea Intl. tried to claim that "Tiki Time", remember?

Pages: 1 9 replies