Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Keigs

Pages: 1 2 84 replies

M

Great stuff as usual....we need more of your stuff!!!

Matt

B

Awesome lookin stuff Keigs. We really miss you posting your pic's. we want Pic's of All your stuff as it comes off the mill. Really, these latest are just fantastic. I forgot, you coming to HukiLau?

Those are great! What kinda wood do you use if you don't mind me asking, I love that heavy grain.

Keigs...this stuff is amazing. I just scrolled through the update pix of the Kahiki moon and MAN! it looks great in there. Love your carvings...goin to hukilau?

K

Thanks all for the compliments. tikijackalope- I have a paper on how to take care of your Witco items I will scan it and email it to you. Ben I make a lot of the same things so I dont post pics as much. I did do another Hefner mask I had not done before for a fellow TCer, here is a picture for you. The picture is dark as always. My wife and I will be attending Hukilau, We cant wait!!! Cheekytiki the wood is cedar great carving but expensive as hell.

Witco style Hefner mask 4ft tall by 12 inches wide

W
wushu posted on Wed, Jul 21, 2004 4:13 AM

awesome wood work Keigs20, I don't know how else to put it

K

I finaly finished all 4 styles of the Witco Hefner masks in the book of tiki. The fifth on the right is my own style. Thought I would post a picture since it kind of looks like the picture in the Book of tiki on page 253.

T

Your stuff is awesome, I love the Hefner masks and really like your version,and those girls are a pair (twins?) of cuties. I think the two of us will have to compare how to keep the boys away in a few years.

mahalo for posting these great pics!!!!.....the witco tradition lives on.....hopefully one day ill be able to afford a keigs fountian!!!!

You da man. Kiegs..

Keigs, did you make only one set? more?

I got mine, and it smells great!!!!

K

Here is some old stuff and new. The first picture is a Witco "ID" on the right I refinished and the one on the left is my own version. Second picture is some wall lamps, third picture is a little table I made. Jungle trader I have made a few sets of the hefner masks and can always make more. Sorry for the delayed response. I kind of forgot..

[ Edited by: keigs20 on 2004-11-26 16:50 ]

B

Better Late then Never Keigs. Your work is just so outstanding and its nice to see it Any time.
I really love the wall lamps.

K

Benzart your compliments are highly regarded thanks. So here is another picture for you since I know you like new stuff. This is a hanging lamp I made. It is supposed to look like the Witco lamp in the book of tiki page 235. I made it the same size also. So it is huge 2ft tall by 18 inches across.

That light switch cover in the background rocks!!! Where does one find one of those??

(oh ya. the lamp and the painting rock too!)

[ Edited by:Tiki_Bong on 2004-12-05 22:11 ]

[ Edited by: on 2004-12-05 22:12 ]

On 2004-12-05 22:09, RevBambooBen wrote:

:D

K

On 2004-12-05 22:09, RevBambooBen wrote:
That light switch cover in the background rocks!!! Where does one find one of those??

(oh ya. the lamp and the painting rock too!)

[ Edited by: on 2004-12-05 22:12 ]

Hey Ben maybe my wife/santa will make you some for christmas. Does tiki bong do your spell checking? and how much does he charge.

That is a beautiful lamp keigs. It is hard to make out the detail of the lamp in the BoT, but your photo makes it come to life. Since I have an original of the bar featured on the same page, I can't resist asking how much for the light?
KG

K

Kailuageoff ,thanks check your pm

Yeah, that Moai has got some serious grain to that wood!, What kind of wood is that?

damn! I keep posting after reading only one page. So, nevermind, it's cedar. Either way...stuff looks absolutely incredible...you've done so much.
My hands and back are cramping, just looking at all you've done!

K

Thanks surfintiki, here is another Witco style lamp I made for someone.

[ Edited by: keigs20 on 2005-05-12 20:06 ]

good lord, amazing work keigs.....all killer, no filler!....mahalo for postin the pics......

[ Edited by: hala bullhiki on 2004-12-12 12:12 ]

Keigs- your work is amazing!!! I really love the hanging lamp. How does one aquire any of your masterpieces?
Later,
Spermy

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale on 2004-12-12 10:17 ]

K

Thanks hala bullhiki and sperm whale, if your interested in anything just shoot me an email. [email protected] I do my carving on the weekends and am currently working out of town during the week so it may take a few days to get back to you.

I'm thrilled to see your newest stuff, keigs. The lamps are AWESOME! How does the second lamp look lit up? I bet it looks killer through that fabric! Very cool stuff! THanks for posting!

Ken is working out of town and forced to be apart from his beloved TC peeps. So, thanks for the compiments Polynesiac. I will relay them to him. The lamp with the fur has a solid piece of heavy plastic tube behind the fabric so, the light shines upward, illuminating the face and downward towards the floor. It can be mounted on the wall or placed on the floor. It would look really cool with colored bulbs. I'm sure Ken will post pictures of it in it's full glory during the weekend.

T

WHOA, i finally just took my time to look at all of Ken's work... freakin' amazing stuff. That last lamp is awesome pawsom. Before I got a hold of the Book o Tiki, I was just making normal palm tikis, but when I saw all the home decor stuff, it really got my imagination going. Ken, your work is amazing, and you are very special to be continuing with your mentor's great tradition and putting your own twist on it!

K

Polynesiac thanks, sorry I shipped the lamp out and never got a good picture of it lit up. I am still working out of town so it is hard to get everything done I want to. TikiTony thanks man I was just checking out your creating post great stuff. I dig the paintings you have a style all your own.

B

Hey Keigs, Isn't there a link somewhere of you chainsaw carving a tiki? I could swear I've seen it and I want to put it up on Creating now so fork it over Keigs.
How you been, OK I Hope??

Where IS Ken? The Virtuoso of the chain....I miss your posts, brother.

K
kirby posted on Thu, Sep 22, 2005 7:02 PM

Dito...

Another amazing Tiki artist, WOW!

K

Sorry for disappearing. I have finally moved to the country where I can carve all night.... But I have no shop yet hopefully really soon. I am going crazy. Also, my computer crashed so I have not been online for a almost 2 months. I am working out of town 5 days a week to pay for this new move and shop to be built. So I hope to be back carving and online soon. Carving is the reason for all these new changes. I just did not realize the time and money it would take to realize my dream. Hope to be back soon........ Thanks for keeping me in mind

TG

Ken do whatcha gotta do....then get your ass back in here!

G.

Ken = Timeless vibes....First hand, in-person apprentice to a master...But all Ken..unbelieveable quality (bump)

Pages: 1 2 84 replies