Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Just for fun...the unassuming exterior of the Palais de Kahuna

Pages: 1 14 replies

Here is our rather Brady Bunch house in Georgia...Ah, the secrets that hide inside.. :) Bill The dog stands guard ouside the Kon Tiki Paradise Room The winding lane down to the house...looking all Great Expectations...need to start leaf blowing! The 1/2 acre garden spot...about to become a blueberry grove. Another 2 acres to figure out what to do with....Hard to believe...we actually live two blocks from a busy downtown!

When you gonna start on the outside? You got the lanai. You got the peak. And, you got Bill the warrior dog.

p.s. let me guess, 149k.

What's L.A. price on 2 1/2 acres and a respectable two story "Hi, Honey, I'm home"?

Just a measly couple million.

Youch....How about 132K and good trout fishing nearby?

E

Sweeet..."Hey Steph, wanna move to Georgia? It's not too far from Minnesota where you were born, right?..."

:)
em.

ehhhh. Not worth it, BK. Too many bones in trout! If we didn't have So Cal in our blood, I think we'd be neighbors.

How much does it cost to register your cars??

It's 26.00 on your birthday each year for registration.

When I first moved to Athens, GA (16 years ago, still in its REM glory days), I told my LA friends then about my $115 rent (third of a duplex) on a quiet street with cows at the end of the road. They would answer with cries of jealousy at my serene, quiet little nook in the woods.
"Yeah," I'd admit, "but it takes me a long time to get to downtown Athens - to civilization."
"How long?"
"Five minutes."

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Yep. That's what my friends all said :)

BK,
Congrats on a beautiful home and the best to ya!
But God knows, I love the California coast!!!!!

Ain't it nice? How's it going in camp Formikahini? I guess you're back at Rock 'N Roll High School?

Hey BK! Yes, Camp Formikahini is is full swing. I weeded out a whole SLEW of the lazier (or just too busy) kids who couldn't keep up, so at least my numbers of "campers" dropped to a manageable number. And I LOVE the ones who stayed.

One of 'em, however, went to a Hawaii for a long weekend last month (!!), and had da noive to come back withOUT anything for SeƱorita Berry!! We'll see who never gets an A in MY class...

My classroom's a visual assault, with all the stuff I picked up in Spain this summer and on past trips to Mexico and Spain. Now I just gotta think seriously about this possible Thanksgiving trip with Humuhumu to check out the Maona Loa in Mexico City (see the 2 other threads). How cool would that be - to have tiki stuff in Spanish in my classroom! (All my Spain tiki bars stuff is at home, awaiting appropriate display.)

Wish I coulda seen you when Clouseaux played out your way for Drive-Invasion. But see Tweedtone for me - he's comin'your way!

Good luck with the new club. I eagerly await its Grand Opening!

I would have loved to be there, but that was a weekend in my recent funeral marathon. Tikifying the kids, eh? On the bar-wish the good luck to Brad...Turns out I couldn't devote as much time as I would have liked to, so I stepped down. Brad's a good man-hope some other young buck comes along, sees an oppurtunity and can fill the gap. I'm still enjoying the Absinthe (see...moderation :) ) and the Barcelona tiki pendant. When are you coming back so I can repay you?

Pages: 1 14 replies