Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Voodoo Tiki Tequila

Pages: 1 38 replies

UB

Well, I thought I've seen it all.
I just found this "Voodoo Tiki Tequila"
They have about six flavors. I am guessing it is not your premium tequilas, but this will be a must bottle for my tiki bar.
Check out their two websites. They are fun to visit.

http://www.voodootiki.com/voodoo.html

http://www.voodootikitequila.com/

Hmmmmmm...
Might be pretty "premium" after all! At least the Hand-Blown Nurano Glass Bottles are pretty fancy. You can even download a video from the http://www.voodootiki.com/voodoo.html site that shows how they do it, apparently.
There is also mention of some bottles of the rarest of their product that have an MSRP of $495 (some of which have sold for up to $5000).
I might have to go lookin' for this stuff.

[ Edited by: Traitor Vic on 2003-10-11 22:58 ]

Eeek!!! AND there's a Hand-Blown Glass Tiki inside every bottle! Yowzah! That'd be worth having even if it made sorry Margaritas.

So far, I can only find it on the East coast, and found no one who ships. It would definately be a center piece for a a tiki bar. Please post if anyone finds any new info. Thanks!

S
RB

Have to admit the bottles are cool lookin'

RG

Voodoo Tiki Green Dragon Tequila.

Those words belong together like Libertarian Bicycle Spotted Shoehorn Amoeba.

But the bottles are bitchen! And I've certainly never turned my nose up at a shot of tequila of any kind.

KC

Having just watched the video of them making the bottle, I can't imagine that this tequila is very inexpensive. I'm guessing that even for the "common" stuff, it's over $60 a bottle.

Chris

K
Kono posted on Tue, Sep 5, 2006 7:50 AM

On 2006-09-05 02:16, Kona Chris wrote:
Having just watched the video of them making the bottle, I can't imagine that this tequila is very inexpensive. I'm guessing that even for the "common" stuff, it's over $60 a bottle.

Chris

They run about $36 to $39 a bottle depending on the type.

L
Loki posted on Tue, Sep 5, 2006 8:06 AM

I met the rep this weekend at the Jetsetter Lounge...he had the bottles on display and was giving free samples...its good stuff and the bottles look amazing

G

Wow. For once Florida is at the center of something tiki that is new (other than the Hukilau of course), even if it is tequila. According to their web site, the Wal-Mart about 2 miles from my house sells it. Will drop by today. I can't believe I'm actually going to enter a Wal-Mart... I'll wash afterward.

Unga-B,

There is a liquor store just south of the Bahia Cabana that is stocking 3 of the 6 flavors. Just thought you'd wanna know that a supplying store will minutes close to Hukilau.

[ Edited by: I dream of tiki 2006-09-05 21:54 ]

S

When's this going to show up on the west coast?

G

Here's an email I received from someone at the company:

We appreciate your support. I hope you will become a fan of Voodoo Tiki. Not only does the quality of the tequila set us apart but so does the fact that we are the first tequila to currently offer 3 (soon to become 10 in total) different flavor-infused varieties, our use of “magic words,” numbered bottles and the “mysterious” back story which have all contributed to our success so far.

We are a very small hands on company and we try to build relationships with our consumers.
Let me know what you think of the tequila when you can. Thanks again.

D

Their web site has been up for a couple of years! I've emailed them asking when it will be available on the west coast and they never responded. Its good to hear it is available close the the Bahia Cabana! I'll have to make a trip there during Hukilau!!!

D

Here's another interesting tequila bottle.

I can't imagine what inspired that bottle design. Hmmm, I wonder.

RB

OMG...that'll never appear in my bar...or I'll be out of business in the bedroom!
:o

On 2006-09-05 21:52, I dream of tiki wrote:
Unga-B,

There is a liquor store just south of the Bahia Cabana that is stocking 3 of the 6 flavors. Just thought you'd wanna know that a supplying store will minutes close to Hukilau.

[ Edited by: I dream of tiki 2006-09-05 21:54 ]

Thanks Dreamy! See you there!

T
twitch posted on Thu, Sep 7, 2006 4:51 PM

Anyone know if this stuff will hit Canada (specifically B.C.)?!
I wouldn't be able to afford it but I want to gaze longingly in the store & make a nuisance of myself.
Actually, we can set up an order for anything with our gov't likker stores here in Canada, but you have to buy an entire case of whatever it is yer gonna be drinking. $$$

On 2006-09-07 11:16, Digitiki wrote:
Here's another interesting tequila bottle.

I can't imagine what inspired that bottle design. Hmmm, I wonder.

From the rather rotund bottom portion, I'm going to assume Ron Jeremy.

:D

Chris

D

Kona Chris,
Now I see it!!! You're right! It is very Jeremy-esk, LOL

RB

The "H" on the bottle is for "Hedgehog" :lol:

D

What is the name of the liq. store mentioned earlier that is just south of the Bahia Cabana that is stocking this stuff? I want to scope it out while I'm there for Hukilau.

M

Man, I LOVE the look of these bottles. I absolutely must get my hands on one of these for the backbar of my venue! Any kind souls in the States see it in their hearts to try shipping a bottle to Australia?

By the way, The reps from Tiki Tequila actually had a booth at the Friday night show at Hukialu'06. I talked with the guy for a little while. Sounded like they are in the process of building up their distribution. They had their bottles set up and I must say, they are impressive! Very nice. They weren't giving out any samples unfortunately.

T

We picked some up on the way to Hukilau.
Stopped at many liquor stores.
Be sure to get the free beads/and or shot glass.
One store did not give them to us.
I'm sure they are on the guy who sold it to us right now.

The Assom Brosso Tequila bottle although phallic in nature is actually a representation of an antique Mexican ceramic distilling apparatus like the kind used in Oaxaca for making Mezcal.

D

I know this thread is about Tiki Tequila, but the side discussion of Asombroso tequila promped me to add...I just bought a bottle of Asombroso silver and I can say it is THE smoothest I've tried.

Those are great bottles...I want all the flavors...so hope they will be available some place in California.

just saw 2 flavors up here in Canada.....but at 50 bucks ! didn't seem to have the blown tiki in the bottle either ! whats the deal , did they stop that idea ?

The blown glass tikis are only in the Blanco, reposado and anejo bottles, the flavoured bottles are plain printed and not worth bothering with in my opinion

On 2008-10-16 10:49, TIKIVILLE wrote:
just saw 2 flavors up here in Canada.....but at 50 bucks ! didn't seem to have the blown tiki in the bottle either ! whats the deal , did they stop that idea ?

Tikiville, I saw the bottles with the blown glass tikis inside at a liquor store in Edmonton City Centre (2nd floor). I think they were in the $80-90 range.

GREAT! ....well there goes another hundred bucks LOL
I'll have to check it out ....thanks!

i've seen those here in chicago at sam's liquors...i think they were less than the $80 posted here....i think they were in the $35 range or so....i was contemplating buying one and i know that if it was $80 i would have walked away...

actually i looked at the site..the bottles i saw at sam's were closer to $60 each..the ones without were in the #30 range....

i love the display with the light up base for all three bottles on the website....gotta get one of those....

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-10-16 13:57 ]

[I have actually become a huge Voodoo Tiki fan! I have made a few signature drinks myself. I met the folks who own the company when they were up here in NYC. What great people! Makes it easier to love the brand. Check this out Tiki lovers!

http://voodootiki.com/reserve.html

T

now before I go off half carved....how much would this set be ? and ....it is available to Canada?

The prices for all the extras is on their site. You can get a set of blown glass tiki shot glasses and other things, too.

Hey Tikiville, I was at the Chateau Louis liquor store (on Kingsway Ave.) today and they had a bunch of the bottles with the glass tikis in stock for $63 to $74 (depending on the age of the tequila). They also had several premium rums I haven't seen there before.

THANKS FOR THE hic' HEADS UP!
I'll have to get my sober wheels down there on payday!

Pages: 1 38 replies