Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

old shag print??

Pages: 1 10 replies

Hi, I am looking for an old tiki print called (I think) Entrance to tiki village. I think it is an old shag work. It has two explorers entering a tiki village in a canoe with an exotic look to it. We are adding a mural to our tiki bar and would love to have something close to that artwork. I saw it once on line and have'nt seen it since. Can anyone help?? Thanks Scott

T

I believe you are referring to the Sepik Explorer that is long sold out and published in 2001. Your best bet is to watch the online auctions for one.

http://www.shagmart.com/pages/prsepi.html

That's always been one of my favorite Shag prints. Nice allusion to the Jungle Cruise.

-Z

JT

Sepik Explorer and Woman on Tiki are definitely my two favorite Shag prints!

M

On 2003-10-21 12:48, Jax Tiki wrote:
Sepik Explorer and Woman on Tiki are definitely my two favorite Shag prints!

They are some of my favorites as well: Those are my only two Shag lithos!

That's one of my favorites too. If it comes around on e-bay, it's gonna be a pricy one.

Is that really Doug Nason (a.k.a. Nason of Copro/Nason) at the wheel of the boat??

T

BB,
I've heard it was Doug before, also.

M

Yep, Otto told me it was Doug.

It's printed on one of the first pages of "The Night of the Tiki Book". From the Copro/Nason show a few years back. Very cool painting! I'd say it's Doug.

Can you reproduce someone's copyrighted image in your bar??

V

I have the Sepik explorer on my tiki walls and i must say it's one of his greats.
Even if the three musicians is my favorite (and my first print).

Pages: 1 10 replies