Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Rod Roddy "Price Is Right" announcer RIP

Pages: 1 15 replies

...Rod Roddy, come on down. The flashy-dressed announcer on "The Price Is Right" invited lucky audience members to "Come on down!" on the Price is Right for nearly 20 years, died Monday. He was believed to have been 66. Roddy suffered from colon and breast cancer, died at Century City where he had been hospitalized for two months. RIP

Geez, thats the second announcer for that show to die.

A Tiki Cheers To You!

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-10-28 11:07 ]

Man, I liked that guy. This has been a horrible year for entertainers.

...of course we still have the Puff Daddys and the Brittneys still surviving. It just don't seem right sometimes.

Ron Roddy Grew up in a little town (Alvarado, Texas) not too far from where I grew up (Middle-of-the-Ocean, Texas).

He will be missed.

Mo-Holler.

[ Edited by: Unkle John on 2003-10-28 12:37 ]

This has been a horrible year for entertainers

...funny, I was thinking that myself after hearing about Elliot Smith's suicide.

Has this been a horrible year for celebs? Or am I just more sensitive to/aware of the deaths?

T

He will be missed!

On 2003-10-28 13:33, Turbogod wrote:
He will be missed!

indeed he will. there just aren't enough rowdy wrestlers in this world!

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris on 2003-10-28 13:46 ]

do you think that, upon arrival in heaven, mr. roddy will be greeted by a bevy of virgin price-is-right-girls to fondle & caress all the earthly commidities he yearned to attain here on earth?

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris on 2003-10-28 14:06 ]

do you think that, upon arrival in heaven, mr. roddy will be greeted by a bevy of virgin price-is-right-girls to fondle & caress all the earthly commidities he yearned to attain here on earth?

at least he won't hear "C'MON DOOOOOWWWWNNN!"

M

TikiMonkey here on TC once had the pleasure of having his name called out by Rod. He was, in fact, "the next contestant on The Price Is Right!"

Perhaps he will share his experiences here if he is still readiing TC>

Do you think he went to heaven or hell? If he went to hell, do you think he'll be Satins right hand man??

"Come on down!!" Yikes!! That's scarry! Boo!

S

Rowdy Roddy Piper died?????????
When???

S

Ah, a joke...

I'm still mourning the Ox and Johnny.

I remember Laney talking about The Price Is Right. I can't quite remember if it was her or her (then) boyfriend that actually got called up. Where's my Ginko Biloba? My memory is fading. She'll have to tell you the story.

Oh, and there are some fellow TC'ers that have been on game shows, but I'll let them tell their own story if they choose to let it be known.

Rod's voice was truly distinctive and will be missed. (Laker games still aren't the same without Chick.)

Pages: 1 15 replies