Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Help Needed! Tiki images ...

Pages: 1 5 replies

Hey all,

My wife needs your help. She's a product design director and is currently working on her companys' candle line. After listening to my whining, she's adding a tiki themed candle to the spring line...

Well, she needs some clip art & images as reference for the label. She wants OLD looking art (ie: a drawing of an explorers' first encounter with a tiki ala' 1800's)
worst part, she needs it this week. Anyone out there have any good links? I suggested BOT, but she wants older (non-50's pop)

thanks,
-Z

T

You could look at pictures of carvings from the Sepik River area of Papua New Guinea. Try going to google, click on 'images' and type in 'sepik' or 'sepik mask'...

I don't know about online clipart, but there are excellent 18th century lithos and etchings shown in the book "Hawaiian Sculpture" by J. Halley Cox & William H. Davenport. Excellent pictorial reference of early Hawaii carving and sculpture.

K

If your wife's company wholesales to other retailers, I'd like to know the name of the company. I've talked my employer into doing a tiki spring line, and we might be interested in a candle that's a cut above what's out there now.

A Tiki Cheers To You!

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-10-29 14:58 ]

here is a website called tack-o-rama http://www.anzwers.org/free/tackorama/
goto fonts and download "return of the retrobats" it's in the dings section.

I used them on my site, they are flat images, but with some imagination from the art dept, they should have a dementional tiki in no time.

Pages: 1 5 replies