Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Daughter's tiki room

Pages: 1 8 replies

Hi,I thought it would be nice for people to post their kids rooms that are done up tiki style.Here's a link to one of our personal pages on geocities I've been working on.It's our daughter,Catalina's room.We have a Catalina Island/Tiki/Hawaiiana theme going on! I'd like to see everyone's elses kids rooms too!!
http://www.geocities.com/tikibycc/CatalinasRoom.html?1027635181420

I don't know what happened.My page isn't showing!!!!Sorry.Post your rooms anyway!

It's working now!!Go figure...

M

Catalina's room is a hoot. Looks like a lot, A LOT, of time and affection went into its design. Personal faves are the surfboard table, the mural, and the "cargo boxes".

Let's see, a pretty blonde girl that likes Tiki and plays the drums. Sounds like trouble to me! She's going to break a few hearts.:)

Wish I had a room like Catalina's...now.

midnite

Hi midnite tiki,
Thanks for the compliments of Catalina's room.She's a good girl.Everybody likes to worry us about her being a heartbreaker though.She banged on her drums so hard today that she broke through the plastic.I'll e-mail you the video seperately so you can watch my crazy little drummer!
By the way,I just got a notice from Yahoo about too much traffic for a free site.I may have to start paying $4.95 a month!(gasp)
You think we spent a lot of time on her room,you should see the rest of our cabin!
I like the tiki gallery items you posted on TikiRoom.net too.Aloha,Anne

that mural looks great! The whole room looks cool. very different than a Tiki bar (but of course, she a kid!) How long did the room take?

~Hanford

Anne, looks like so much time and love went into that little tropical cave. Every picture has something unique, the bassinet is awesome with the little netting above. The murals are killer, the rocks in the floor what a cool idea. I would not worry about heart break, with the love and talent behind Catalina it will just get better all the time. Someday we would love to visit the high desert and check it all out.
Much love Baxdog and kukuiNut(sara)

PS. can somebody explain what a Sponge Bob Squarepants is

On 2002-07-26 06:54, thebaxdog wrote:

PS. can somebody explain what a Sponge Bob Squarepants is

He lives in a pineapple under the sea
Absorbent and yellow and porous is he

8pm weeknights on Nickelodeon

--cindy

Hi,I see I'm getting a few views on here!Thanks to all about the room.
Hanford,It's hard to say how long it took.Her room was originally our computer room,so a lot we did beforehand(like putting down the tile and cementing in the rocks).The mural itself took several weeks because Catalina liked to be my apprentice.I would give her some brushes and water and let her "paint" on the parts that were dry.We have so many projects going on at once we'd just go back and forth between them all.
Baxdog,you both are so sweet.You are welcome anytime you're in the area.
SpongeBob Squarepants is one of her favorite shows(ours too!).She calls him F-wah F-wah Pants!
We're just finishing up a 12 foot '50's vintage camping trailer.We put a leopard skin couch,black&white linoleum and amoeba shaped table that CC made.He's adding a little bar too and putting his toy trailer collection on a shelf.And of course a few tiki touches!I'll have to post those when we're all done.Aloha,Anne

Pages: 1 8 replies