Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Need SF Events Nov 14-16

Pages: 1 9 replies

T

Ok, this isn't strictly Tiki or events or anything, but I really need your collective cool.

My sister in law is visting Nov 14-16 (from LA) and it seems like the deadest dead weekend ever in the Bay Area. I can't find anything for us to do! Anybody have ideas? She's gothy/rockabilly, likes drinking and drag queens and burlesquey things.

Love in advance!

Also, check with SweetPea, since she is well connected on the Rockabilly happenings.

Hope this helps TikiMama!

Enter The SoCal Hoity Toity Schedule

[ Edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2003-11-05 12:15 ]

On 2003-11-05 11:01, TikiMama wrote:
She's gothy/rockabilly, likes drinking and drag queens and burlesquey things.
Love in advance!

Hell, Welcome to Gay Bay.:)

T

Daddy, you rock! I think I'll drag her to the Conga Lounge, since I haven't been yet. Thanks so much for the site, too!

Kisses!

CA

APE is opening the show for THE DAN BAND Again at Bimbo's!! NOV 14th.
Last time was a complete sell out. Come early cause we go on at 9:00pm SHARP.
I'll be chopping another 50 min tiki and might sell it that night!

other Bimbo’s Gigs
http://tikimania.com/docs/bt_39.html
http://tikimania.com/docs/bt_52.html

Your sis will be the only Goth'ish type there. The Dan Band are the anti'DragQueens?
with a very 'girlish' following...and lots of boys following them...
The band, dressing as Blue Collar and White Collar "9to5'ers", sing all hits of women artist from disco on... Dan sings it all complete with choreographed back up. You may have seen them in baby-blue tuxes in the wedding scene from the movie "Old School".

CHECK OUT NOV. issue of GUITAR PLAYER mag to hear about our NEW disc.
JUNGLE GEMS.

see you at the SHOE

BIMBOS 365 club. We think it's the best club in town and so does
everyone else.

http://www.tikimania.com/ape.html

[ Edited by: crazy al on 2003-11-11 12:44 ]

M

"My sister in law is visting Nov 14-16 (from LA) and it seems like the deadest dead weekend ever in the Bay Area. I can't find anything for us to do! Anybody have ideas? She's gothy/rockabilly, likes drinking and drag queens and burlesquey things.

Love in advance!

o(..)o
Tiki Mama (heather"

******any decisions on your plans yet?? _mr Smiley

M

We're semi-open that weekend for shits 'n' giggles....

M

Mr single guy here is open most weekends. But how about we just concentrate on the giggles and leave out the shits?
I'm up for the Conga-it's been awhile since I wore a suit. It's Vegas night (whatever that is) this Saturday. Martiki, do yo uhave any info--you always seem to be abreast of the situation?

On 2003-11-12 18:53, martiki6 wrote:
We're semi-open that weekend for shits 'n' giggles....

Should I bring my sewing machine? 8)

M

Hope everyone had a good time at Conga on Saturday. I have been devastated by the nastiest cold in years- and it started Saturday. Why can't colds start during the week so you only miss work and not life?

At least I have today off to check TC and and really enjoy the shakes from my 102F fever.

Pages: 1 9 replies