Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

duh -- where've I been? plus note to Kon-Hemsby re: rum

Pages: 1 6 replies

Just thought I'd say a rather sheepish hello again to anyone who might remember me, and in particular TikiChris and Trader Woody. I dropped out of sight last year owing to a pretty grim pregnancy -- all is, thank God, now over, and I have a fat, healthy four-month-old son. NEVER doing that again...

I experienced an epiphanic moment a couple of days ago, wandering around my local park in the very uncosmopolitan Thornton Heath. I took an overgrown turning and came upon a rather battered moai lurking in the foliage -- for those of you not in the UK, you have no idea how rare this is! I took it, naturally, as a sign to return to the board.

Oh, by the way, Kon-Hemsby, I noticed your earlier posts about rum and suppliers in England. When it comes to suppliers, I can't give you anything better than Gerry's (although I used to get crates of Koko Canu coconut rum straight from the suppliers, Wray & Nephew I think, in Borough, London), but when it comes to sampling the different varieties of rum, have you been to the Brixtonian Havana Club (in Brixton, funny enough)? They stock 200 varieties, so they say. I confess I've not been able to to try them all but it's a congenial place to die trying.

TC

congratulations! it's wonderful to find out that you're well. you've certainly been on emilia's & my minds!

so what's that fat, healthy four-month-old boy called? & when do i get a pic?

Please email em or me soon.

big hug,
tiki chris

TC

oh by the way, it now appears that trader woody has gone awol!

you brits ...

hey TheAndrewsSister. Thanks for the mention in your post. I haven't been to that Havana Club, in fact I hadn't heard of it before, so I'll be off to sample it at some point in the near future. Looks like good old Gerry's will be taking more of my cash then!

Last time i heard from Trader Woody in a posting he said he was moving house but that was back in september.

Hi folks!
I'm just emerging from the foliage as well.

I'm actually still in the middle of the moving process. We sold our house, moved in temporarily with our parents, and are buying a place in Lancashire, up North. It all takes a long time and our PC is in the garage at the moment, hence very few posts.

Great to hear theandrewssister is back with happy news! Congratulations!!

Trader Woody

i figured this thread would flush you out!

glad to hear all's well!

Pages: 1 6 replies