Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Ti-Toki Liqueur

Pages: 1 22 replies

[ Edited by: Bonzabazza on 2003-11-10 01:12 ]

K
Kono posted on Sat, Nov 8, 2003 8:13 PM

After 23 years now you gotta make a decision? Drink it or throw it away? :lol:

Someone gave me a bottle of 25yo Jim Beam once. Not that good. It tasted a lot like the smell of rubbing alcohol.

I say keep it under the bar for another 23 years and then put it on ebay. :D

I would at least give it a taste before making a rash decision. Not a swallow, mind you.

Well I thank you all for your invaluable input, it seems:- if it is Jim Beam, chuck-it.
Take a little "Sip" & see if it kills you.
Or:- Keep it a lot longer and sell it to some-one else on Ebay, & see if it kills them. What would it be worth anyway?....any ideas?!!! what does it taste like??? and do you mix it with coke or whatever-etc.??
Great stuff you blokes!!, love ya!.
Bazza.

I'm also curious to know what it tastes like. My neice is going to be in N.Z. in January & I've asked her to pick me up a bottle.

O.K. SWEET DADDY TIKI, I intend to have a go at it Xmas time, but for the life of me, I don't know whether you drink it straight or mix it!. I told the bloke that I bought it from that I would probably keep it for 20 years. He stated that if I do?, let him know and he'll buy it from me. (Didn't give a hint of how much though). SO!. This tells me it is still O.K., possibly 150% proof now though, blow my bloody head off.
Let me know what it tastes like if you get at it prior to Xmas Bid Daddy. (Bazza).

On 2003-11-09 02:34, Bonzabazza wrote:
Well I thank you all for your invaluable input, it seems:- if it is Jim Beam, chuck-it.
Take a little "Sip" & see if it kills you.
Or:- Keep it a lot longer and sell it to some-one else on Ebay, & see if it kills them. What would it be worth anyway?....any ideas?!!! what does it taste like??? and do you mix it with coke or whatever-etc.??
Great stuff you blokes!!, love ya!.
Bazza.

S
SES posted on Sun, Nov 9, 2003 8:44 PM

I just noticed a bottle of Moet on a shelf where it has been collecting dust since 1981. I'm afraid to open it at this point. I wish it were cognac instead.
:D

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-06 19:01 ]

On 2003-11-10 00:01, filslash wrote:

Me too. I have an MT decanter.
is it still for sale in that green decanter?

apparently so. http://www.ti-toki.com/

I brought Pisco back from Rapa Nui, and it's kinda like Campari...

There's a Chilean restaurant a few blocks from my house that makes Pisco sours (I ordered one last time I was there but they were out of Pisco). They also have a Rapa Nui mural on the wall which I will take a picture of when I get a chance. There are a number of liquor stores in town that stock Pisco (there's quite a sizable Chilean population here), but I haven't found the Pisco Capel Moai bottle yet (except an empty one at Goodwill)

There's a Chilean restaurant a few blocks from my house that makes Pisco sours (I ordered one last time I was there but they were out of Pisco). They also have a Rapa Nui mural on the wall which I will take a picture of when I get a chance. There are a number of liquor stores in town that stock Pisco (there's quite a sizable Chilean population here), but I haven't found the Pisco Capel Moai bottle yet (except an empty one at Goodwill)

OK!...OK....You fellas have got me interested. What in hell's name is "Pisco"?
Here I am, trying my guts out attempting to find out what Ti-Toki tastes like, and you jokers chuck in a whirly. SO!...OK...Let me have it right between the eyes, what is it exactly, obviously it is an alcoholic drink.

NOW!...Could any one of you kind intelligent gentlemen inform me, "WHAT DOES BLOODY TI-TOKI Taste like?, boy, I love this, you blokes are just so, so...Cruel, Gad, I love ya!.

Bazza.

Bonzabazza,
What the hell was the first post about?

I think the first post sums it up for me. My advice is to send it all to me. I'll drink anything, hell my favorite beer is Old Milwaukee.

Address Please!

On 2003-11-09 20:44, SES wrote:
I just noticed a bottle of Moet on a shelf where it has been collecting dust since 1981. I'm afraid to open it at this point. I wish it were cognac instead.
:D

If it is bottle distilled (Marked on bottle), it will be a world beater, if not, POISON, my friend, sheer poison.

Good on ya FLOUNDERart, you're my type of bloke, face to the roof and DOWN she goes.:)

OK, I am now very distraut and , ("Sob), disheartened. I'll have to just....."OPEN-IT", (sniffle, slobber, sneeze, snot & bawl very loudly)and find out for my-bloody-self what it tastes like. Thatis, unless one of you jokers wanna tell me, huh!, OK!, YEH>>>>>!!please, ------sob-hic!

On 2003-11-10 21:10, Unga Bunga wrote:
Bonzabazza,
What the hell was the first post about?

UNGA BUNGA.....(Sob), you're my LAST HOPE, be my saviour, tell me, [email protected] does TI-TOKI taste like?.

Bazza.

K
Kono posted on Tue, Nov 11, 2003 8:42 PM

Bongzabazza,

I've heard it tastes a bit like coconut pizza almondine. Is that true?? You are the one we look to for the answer!

:drink:

K
Kono posted on Tue, Nov 11, 2003 8:46 PM

On 2003-11-10 21:16, FLOUNDERart wrote:
I think the first post sums it up for me. My advice is to send it all to me. I'll drink anything, hell my favorite beer is Old Milwaukee.

I like the way you think. :D

BTW, I mentioned before my 25yo bottle of Beam that tasted like rubbing alcohol....

I still drank it.... :o

FLOUNDERart & KONO...You are definitely MY kinda people, if ya can't drink it!....CHEW it first and THEN drink it. The worst elastic beer I have EVER had that I couldn't drink the whole 15ozs, was OLD KENT @ Wagga Wagga. Talk about elasticised Beer, it went half way down, then back up again at least four times each quaff. No bloody fooling mate!....I couldn't get it down. Worse than Castor Oil.

Pages: 1 22 replies