Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

eBay: Here are some more great Tiki Mugs from the Legendary TRT Collection

Pages: 1 14 replies

Wow... check it out... more from the oldest & largest collection east of the Rockies! http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=tikiroadtrip&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

How come The Terminator Trading Cards aren't legendary? Were they not obtained during one of the road trips?

:lol:

There are some nice mugs there for the price, but you mention nothing about their condition (crazing, chips, etc.). The description has just been a copy/paste on all the items. Buyer beware.

These are all Dynasty and KC products! They can be traced backed to the early 1990's at best. So where are those mugs that are supposed to be old? None of these are actually that old. When is the good stuff from "the oldest and largest collection east of the Rockies" going up for auction? Inquiring minds want to know!

The auction description says that the collection itself is old, not the mugs.

Vintage mugs are going up as soon as the newer stuff is cleared out.

Good point about not having mentioned the specific condition of each mug, but I thought the pictures spoke for themselves. Being newer mugs, they are all mint or pretty darned close. There were one or two with nicks in them, and those nicks were indeed mentioned in the text.

With respect to previous commentators, no need for 'buyer beware'... these auctions are legit. Even the biggest collections have some extra stuff that needs to be weeded out from time to time, and there are plenty of Tiki newbies who don't have these mugs yet. The prices are extremely reasonable and these auctions are a good way for someone to beef up a collection.

..and no, the non-Tiki items were not collected on road trips, and are therefore not part of the "legendary" (pardon my overzealous marketing) collection!
:)

These auctions are ending today and tomorrow, but many of the items will be relisted, so the above link will reamin valid, or use this one:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&userid=tikiroadtrip&sort=3&rows=25&since=-1&rd=1

great... after reading the auction list i've been having OMD in my head all afternoon |-)

M

On 2003-11-18 11:54, Johnny Dollar wrote:
great... after reading the auction list i've been having OMD in my head all afternoon |-)

Please explain....

The second page of the auction list form the link above has "21 different rare OMD 7" singles MINT 1980-87."
Memory stimulus of Pretty in Pink... (was that it?)

Hey Tikibars,
No disrespect as well, I think we’ve all been screwed at one time or another by Ebay pictures alone with no specific text. Good luck on the auction.
Are you AKA "La Tiki Nostra"?

On 2003-11-18 11:24, tikibars wrote:
The auction description says that the collection itself is old, not the mugs.

Actually Tikibars, you 'could' in fact state that the mugs are old. As we remember from physics, matter is neither created nor destroyed; hence, the material used to make the mugs is billions of years old - they are in FACT - old mugs.

Council has no more questions.

Thank you

Perry 'Bong' Mason

T

On 2003-11-18 14:24, Unga Bunga wrote:
Hey Tikibars,
No disrespect as well, I think we’ve all been screwed at one time or another by Ebay pictures alone with no specific text. Good luck on the auction.

I appriciate you guys pointing out that the text could have been more specific. I fixed it on a lot of the auctions.

I am not La Tiki Nostra, but I think the guy who is might get a real laff out of the two of us being confused for each other.

OMD's "jumping the shark" was their appearance on the Pretty In Pink Soundtrack. Before that they had four albums worth of boppy synth pop tunes side by side with dark, brooding, experimental music and then two albums of just the synth pop without the more interesting stuff. After Pretty In Pink, they started making bad, cloying, annoying pop, and that's when I stopped collecintg thie singles...

On 2003-11-19 14:24, tikibars wrote:

On 2003-11-18 14:24, Unga Bunga wrote:
Hey Tikibars,

I appriciate you guys pointing out that the text could have been more specific. I fixed it on a lot of the auctions.

I am not La Tiki Nostra, but I think the guy who is might get a real laff out of the two of us being confused for each other.

OMD's "jumping the shark" was their appearance on the Pretty In Pink Soundtrack. Before that they had four albums worth of boppy synth pop tunes side by side with dark, brooding, experimental music and then two albums of just the synth pop without the more interesting stuff. After Pretty In Pink, they started making bad, cloying, annoying pop, and that's when I stopped collecintg thie singles...

excellent Fonzie reference!

M

JT- I just found my wife's Xmas present. She'll go apeshit for these singles. Wish me luck.

A girl from my highschool married one of Omd after seeing them at a concert in San Diego. I think they're still married, but not sure.

odd how things cross paths.

T

JT- I just found my wife's Xmas present. She'll go apeshit for these singles. Wish me luck.

Well, may I be the first to suggest you bid as high as possible!
:)

Hery, Martin, if you are the winner I'll throw in two 10" (yes, 10", not 7" or 12") EP singles too. Gotta take good care of the 'ohana!

Pages: 1 14 replies