Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Sighting

Pages: 1 7 replies

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before..I apologize if it has. I realize that this movie was in the theaters almost a year ago.

We rented Eight Crazy Nights with Adam Sandler last weekend. The opening scene has him polishing off six scorpions slurped right from volcano bowls in a Chinese/Tiki joint. I was excited.

-Tikiwahine

Last nite I rented "The Animal" starring Rob Schneider and with a cameo by Adam Sandler, and there was a tiki bar scene. It looked like a real tiki bar, bamboo, thatch, tikis, mugs etc. but there were also neon beer signs.
Perhaps Sandler is a tiki fan?

Hey, Tiki Goddess! They showed The Animal on TV on Sunday and I was gonna post on it, but I figured SUREly there's already been a post, so many scenes were there in the bar. But when I did a Search here, there was no mention.

Anybody else know if it's a real place? Too many neon Bud signs. OK, one, but that's too many.

There might be a Saturday Night Live alumnus joke about tiki bars/big fruity drinks - if you recall the scene in Wayne's World where Rob Lowe bought Garth the huge drink in a brandy snifter with lots of swizzle sticks, etc...

On 2003-11-18 22:57, Formikahini wrote:

Anybody else know if it's a real place? Too many neon Bud signs. OK, one, but that's too many.

It could have just been product placement (for the film). They'll slap a logo anywhere, even if it looks Completely out of place.

-Z

Speaking of movies, has anyone checked out "Catch Me If You Can?". Great loungey soundtrack, and some nice vintage locales.

Tiki Flange!

Don't forget "UHF","Weird Al" Yankovic's movie. There's a scene where he goes to a bar with his friend & gets a Mr. Bali-Hai.

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-06 19:04 ]

Pages: 1 7 replies