Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Annoying... Situations

Pages: 1 45 replies

Hope I'm not perpetuating some bad karma with all the "annoying" talk,"but if I vent this may help:

inappropriate cellphone use

people who find that if they can't talk about sports they totally blow you off

thos annoying little wheeled bags... not that they're intrinsically evil, but people roll them in very crowded places = I almost get tripped much

how's this... i sitting in the commuter train and a woman puts on a full coat of nail polish. is this the huffing car? :)

Standing in line to checkout at the grocery store using the U-Scan (because I wanna be quick)and the people in front of me look as if they've never even seen a digital clock:

"Mildred? It's not scanning. Oh, wait... No, it's still not scanning. Mildred? Call over the attendant.
"OK, now how do I pay? Push WHAT button? I don't see a button. Mildred? Call over the attendant. That's a button? ... Why can't I just give YOU the money. Oh, wait... My coupons... Mildred???"

-Z

TB

People who still pay by checks instead of a debit card at the grocery store.

The thousands of timid little white couples who insist on bringing their annoying, aisle-blocking, slow moving strollers to antique shows. (note: a stroller is a 90% accurate sign that these people are neither looking for anything or have the intention of buying anything if they did find it)

Yeah, but if you put the kid in one of those backpack/bellypack things they grab @ the items on the tables. And that really annoys me.

how's this... i sitting in the commuter train and a woman puts on a full coat of nail polish. is this the huffing car?

I actually like that one.

[ Edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2003-11-20 14:06 ]

On 2003-11-20 13:39, Basement Kahuna wrote:
The thousands of timid little white couples who insist on bringing their annoying, aisle-blocking, slow moving strollers to antique shows.

The thousands of timid little white couples who insist on bringing their annoying, aisle-blocking, slow moving strollers ANYWHERE.

T

But you asians and aborigines, please feel free to take your strollers anywhere.

Thank you, I'll be here all week...

And another thing about strollers...
Didja ever notice how people with a stroller think that it entitles them to be wherever they want to be, whenever they want to be there, which is usually wherever YOU happen to be, whenever you happen to be there, as if to say "I have miraculous progeny here, on wheels no less, I get special priviledges"? Sorry but a stroller is NOT equivalent to a wheelchair.

Most annoying at DisneyWherever...

every time i go to wal-mart (though i hate going there) there is always some little old lady who follows me where ever i go. She usually bends over and farts, then looks at me with disgust like i did it.

and don't get me started on the lost mexican children.... MOM-MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'

I am so sick of calling the bank, the airlines, the movie theatre or even the damn drug store and reaching a voice that I cannot talk to. I have to go through four departments and six options before I can even leave a message, which they usually don’t get anyway. I talk back and sometimes yell to the exasperating automaton at the other end of the line whose only function in life seems to be presenting me with options one, two, three, seven and nine

A Tiki Cheers To You!

Take A Video Tour Of Unga’s Tiki Bar

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-11-20 15:00 ]

T

Unga Bunga, the atomated answering machines are even mor hellish here in Canada. I just called my bank and not only do you have to sit through all that 'press one' crap, just when you think you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, you have to listen to it all over again... in french.

Press this, Pierre!

S

For those ,like me, who aren't terribly interested in anklebiters in public places.
http://www.fred.net/turtle/kids/kidrants.shtml

CRAP, I still write checks. BUT at least I always have all the blanks filled except the total. Usually it's faster then the person fumbling for their debit card, or forgetting their PIN. :wink:

PLUS, my ELVIS checks RULE way more than any piece of plastic. heheheh

[ Edited by: sweetpea on 2003-11-20 15:19 ]

Peope who park in front of our garage. I can't get out!
Solution:
It takes 3 minutes for a tow truck to show up.
So long sucker!

TB

Sweetpea, your ok, the one's i hate are the people who have to fill out everything & their check register, & write the check number on the receipt.

People who won't get out of your way. Especially parking lots. "There are no empty spaces. Move!"

K

At work we had a "quiet room" where people could go on their break to read or just relax. I walked in one day and there was a woman in there cutting her toenails and throwing them on the floor.

Aloha!

:drink:

On 2003-11-20 14:39, Unkle John wrote:
every time i go to wal-mart (though i hate going there) there is always some little old lady who follows me where ever i go. She usually bends over and farts, then looks at me with disgust like i did it.

and don't get me started on the lost mexican children.... MOM-MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'

Wal-Mart is living proof that the science of eugenetics may have had some credibility after all.

The "Baby On Board" sign in the car window fad was very annoying, too. As if I gave a fly's fart in a hurricane. I did see a great spoof sign of that one one time that said "NEXT TIME USE A RUBBER". I tried to flag the guy down to find out where I could get one.

E

Hee hee...my favorite spoof baby car sign said "Baby I'm Bored".

em

S
SES posted on Fri, Nov 21, 2003 1:52 AM

On 2003-11-20 20:40, Juno wrote:
At work we had a "quiet room" where people could go on their break to read or just relax. I walked in one day and there was a woman in there cutting her toenails and throwing them on the floor.

Charming! Hahahah... where did you work that had such a classy lady?
:D

On 2003-11-20 21:59, Basement Kahuna wrote:
The "Baby On Board" sign in the car window fad was very annoying, too. As if I gave a fly's fart in a hurricane. I did see a great spoof sign of that one one time that said "NEXT TIME USE A RUBBER". I tried to flag the guy down to find out where I could get one.

I once got one for a friend that read "Bitch on Board." Everyone was apalled, she loved it.

B

The Curse Of Working In Retail!
What bugs me more than ANYTHING, is when I'm out and about, just trying to be a normal citizen, and anyone whom I have EVER waited on in my 12 years of working retail, feels like they're my best friend, and asks about work related stuff. When's the next sale, do you have Chippewa style 1199's in a 12 EEE, did my CD come in yet?
And apparently it has also given me a "Retail" Aura, because people think I WORK wherever I shop! I was in KayBee Toys in Connecticut one time, wearing my Badda-Bing Club Bowling Shirt, and this mother came up to me wanting to know when the new Barbies would be in. She didnt believe me when I told her I didnt work there, and wanted to talk to my manager about my customer service attitude!

I too have had the dreaded job that insisted on a uniform. Unfortunately when it was a polo shirt and khaki pants (shudder), and it was nearly impossible for me to go into a store on my lunch break or after work with out being bombarded buy "do you work here?" or "can you help me carry this to the car?"

I did get some generous tips though, one guy slipped me a $50 and told me (with a 'tude) that I should use it to help for college. As he drove off, I gave him the finger and told him i was going to buy grass and brooze with it. He then got out and started to yell at me for being ungrateful. "That what's wrong with you kids today!!" I told him that I have a college education (but never told him I didn't work there, hell a $50 is good scratch for lifting a box), he then stormed into the store to find my "manager". I hopped into my car and headed back to work.

I never stepped back in the store with my uniform on. Infact I'm glad I don't work for that job anymore, the neighborhood went down hill fast. But now I have a good (enough) job where I can wear jeans, shorts and t-shirts. Plus I have internet connection so I can be here. :wink:

Mo-Holler.

[ Edited by: Unkle John on 2003-11-21 10:18 ]

All the "What's your favorite" posts
(Even though Unga responded to most of them).

On 2003-11-21 12:46, Unga Bunga wrote:
All the "What's your favorite" posts
(Even though Unga responded to most of them).

alright Unga, but what was your favorite "what's your favorite" post? :P

Where ever I am, people think I know what's going on & ask me questions. "Excuse me, can you give me directions to this place?" or "Do you know where I can find this?".

As an example, while waiting in line for the Tikiroom anniversary people would walk up, ignore every one else in line, & ask me "Why are you all waiting in line?" After about the 1st 20 times I was tired of answering why (especially since no one believed me) & the answers began getting stranger: "This is the line for the Matterhorn","This is the line to meet Roy Disney","This is the line to buy Marie Osmonds new christmas ornament","We're waiting for the parade to start","We're waiting to meet the Doobie Brothers","There's a new Walt Disney story with Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, & we're waiting to be the 1st to see it","There's a new Tikiroom theme restaurant, & we're trying to get souveneir menus"... No matter how strange my answer, they believed it more than "I'm waiting to get a limited edition tiki mug from the Enchanted Tikiroom".

There was a documentary film maker there to document how much people like Shag, and HE didn't believe I was just there to buy the mug & that I didn't care that it was a Shag limited edition. He wanted me to say how much I loved Shag & only left when I told him I'd still say I'm only here to buy the mug, no matter who designed it.

TB

I hate when i'm in a line somewhere & people want pass thru the line, they always pass thru in front of me.

On 2003-11-21 09:44, badmojo wrote:...And apparently it has also given me a "Retail" Aura, because people think I WORK wherever I shop! I was in KayBee Toys in Connecticut one time, wearing my Badda-Bing Club Bowling Shirt, and this mother came up to me wanting to know when the new Barbies would be in...

Hey man, you think that's bad? Seems like everytime I go to the swapmeet looking around in a booth, someone walks up to me asking for a price on something the vendor is selling. What, cause I got slanted eyes?!!

This even happened to me at Bahooka. Last year I was there with Al & Shelly and the Family Bong. When I was returning from the restroom, some yay-hoo stops me as I walk past his booth and asks me for sweet and sour sauce. I said, "sure, I'll be right back" and returned to my dinner.

Jeeh-suz Kriste!

T

Tiki Bird, that always happens to me too! I hguess I need a little more 'personal space' than others, so I'm always the one that looks like they have the most room to squeeze around in line.

I also hate when you are waiting for a bus or streetcar, and there are people waiting around in a sort of casual line, and someone walks up and walks right in front of everyone as soon as the bus stops, and pretends they don't see the 10 other people who were there before them.

I always thought people broke through lines in front of me because I'm too small to be seen with the naked eye.

Either that or everyone else on earth exists just to work my nerves.

[ Edited by: purple jade on 2003-11-21 17:35 ]

B

On 2003-11-21 15:58, PolynesianPop wrote:

What, cause I got slanted eyes?!!

Jeeh-suz Kriste!

OH Man! My Father In Law's Girlfriend is Philipeno, and at our Luau Style wedding, my uncle's drunken girlfriend asked her if we rented her to be there, to complete the "Hawaiian Look".

K

Charming! Hahahah... where did you work that had such a classy lady?

A call center for a check printing company called DELUXE in Greensboro, NC. The disgusting womans name was Janet (Jah-Nay). She couldn't possibly read TC but in case she does let me just say that I've never been so close to spontaneously barfing in my life....except for yesterday when I was nearly killed by a woman's body odor in a Goodwill store.

:drink:

S
SES posted on Sat, Nov 22, 2003 6:21 AM

[ Edited by: susane on 2004-01-20 09:02 ]

On 2003-11-21 17:34, purple jade wrote:
I always thought people broke through lines in front of me because I'm too small to be seen with the naked eye.

Either that or everyone else on earth exists just to work my nerves.

[ Edited by: purple jade on 2003-11-21 17:35 ]

No Jade, I'm 6'1", 220# & everyone wants to cross in front of me in lines. But at least they get out of my way when I'm moving!

People on the road. In FRONT of me.

People at the airport ticket counter who suddenly decide to work out all of their travel issues while boarding time approaches.

Sober people.

On 2003-11-21 16:34, tikifish wrote:
I also hate when you are waiting for a bus or streetcar, and there are people waiting around in a sort of casual line, and someone walks up and walks right in front of everyone as soon as the bus stops, and pretends they don't see the 10 other people who were there before them.

If that happened in Philadelphia the person who cut in line would be beaten to death by an angry mob. I kid you not.

I'm 6'1", 220# & everyone wants to cross in front of me in lines. But at least they get out of my way when I'm moving!

i'm in the same boat brudda. 6' 230.
Plus a beard or goatee, cherokee blood, wide sholders, and long black hair down your back.... they at least feel sorry for cutting in front of me when i stare at them and growl something about eating thier first born.

Mo-Holler.

[ Edited by: Unkle John on 2003-11-22 19:47 ]

K
K
K

Other shoppers always think I work at whatever store I'm in. I must look like a peon - well that's OK because I am.

Anyway, when they ask me where something is, I say "isle 17, bottom shelf toward the left". When they can't find it on isle 17 they're probably thinking, "Stupid peon!"

S
SES posted on Sun, Nov 23, 2003 7:20 AM

[ Edited by: susane on 2004-01-20 09:03 ]

People who do not shut up for one stinkin' minute during a rock concert. They pay $30 for a ticket and talk the whole time. Why would you think you can carry on a conversation over 300,000 raging decibels??? This makes me insane with annoyance. Hey, maybe I should get a T shirt that says "Shut up, the band is on."

C

Had a boyfriend take me to a YES concert, his favorite band. He and his best friend spent most of their time going to the restroom to snort a line. I enjoyed the concert anyway, we didn't last much longer.

Here's a fun activity...next time you're at a thrift store and see old K-mart, Kaybee, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, etc. shirts or caps, buy them, put them on, and head down to the said store...I would imagine you could have all kinds of fun. "Excuse me, sir, could you tell me where the light bulbs are?"...."Naw, fuck naw, dude.....Hey, man, you got a cigarette? How 'bout a dollar? Yer wife sure is a pretty lady...."

Being on the receiving end of some pervert who thinks he's all smart because he called a 1-800 number, and wants to talk all dirty to a stranger, and not have to pay a penny.

This has happened more than once, and it's the same guy.

Ewwwwwwww.

If he wants a response, he's going to have to give me his credit card number first :wink:

Pages: 1 45 replies