Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

While we're on the food kick: SARDINES

Pages: 1 9 replies

Who here besides me enjoys the little nasties? They are sort of a ritual lunch for me with crackers when I'm out fishing. Have to do the Port Clyde or Brisling low sodium kind, though...I try to watch the salt. Booze is my only great vice now.

Can't do them... but enjoy an equally ick food for most... herring... but really only go out of my way to have during the holidays...

Love squid and octopus too... prepared any way but raw...

S
SES posted on Fri, Nov 21, 2003 1:27 AM

I got hooked on herring when I was an exchange student in Denmark back in the mid 70's.
Like squid and octopus too but I feel guilty eating octopus now, they are such intelligent creatures.

favorite fishy foods:

sardines
pickled herring
taramosalata: that greek spread with lil caviar bitz
freakin hardcore caesar salad (i acknowledge the previous thread regarding the original non-fishy caesar)

i like gefilte fish altho i'ma goy :tiki:

j$

[ Edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2003-11-21 08:59 ]

i love them.. and anchovies.
unfortunately the wife makes me eat them outside.

Sardines in oil, mustard or hot sauce, smoked oysters, raw clams & oysters, lobster roll, herring pickled or schmalz, octopus & squid raw, smoked, fried or blanched & tossed in a salad, anchovies (I 1ce ate a whole double anchovie pizza on a bet, I won a 2nd double anchovie pizza), lutefisk...

It comes down to the fact that there's only 2 things I won't eat: 1 is rapini & no one remembers the 2nd.

K

Canned sardines on crackers rock. And a pizza just isn't a pizza without the anchovies. Let's not forget our other canned favorites, the Vienna Sausage!!! Now in jalepeno and barbeque sauces.

Scotty

I took some with me fishing as a ritual as well, but it only lasted one time because their way to nasty. I think it's the only fish I don't like.

Kahuna are you baiting us? My personal favorites are the white ones. Very different taste from the dark ones. Sardines, I mean.

[ Edited by: Kava King on 2003-11-21 12:58 ]

Pages: 1 9 replies