Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Anything but turkey or ham.

Pages: 1 22 replies

Was planin on having friends over for Thanksgiving, but would prefer not to do the same ole turkey or ham, any suggestions?

A big roast beef is always a crowd pleaser.
Yorkshire pudding.
Straight horseradish.
Baby carrots and peas.

That's it I am eating my key board.

Cornish game hens.
You can tell everyone you stole Barbies Thanksgiving
The stuffing is kinda difficult.

I know its not pilgrim food but enchiladas are always good.

M

Second the suggestion for Yorkshire pudding and beef! Mmmmm!

Also, you could really blow some minds and go for the mighty TURDUCKEN!

http://www.thesalmons.org/lynn/turducken.html

Turkey Mole Enchaladas. There's turkey in it, but it's not your standard turkey.

On 2003-11-25 13:08, Monkeyman wrote:
I know its not pilgrim food but enchiladas are always good.

Actually MonkeyMan, enchiladas probably have very similar ingrediants to items eaten by Native Americans during the time. Masa is corn, and the meats and spices are somewhat similar.

I like raisin enchiladas at Christmas (that and a shit-load of booze!)

booze and vianna sausages.

...yeah i'm trashy.

soup

My wife tortured me with a tofu-rky. Yeah, that's right.

Spam and Pineapple

spam and Pineapple

yeah that's dee-lish!

E

Even if turducken tasted like shit, I'd still eat it cuz it begins with "turd".

Yes.

em.

I heard that Blue pancakes are pretty good.
Nothin like blue corny poo!!

crab rangoon
crispy duck

T

Dependent upon the weather Gumbo (chicken & sausage) which is also a good way to get rid of the turkey leftovers.

tofurky sucks - so go with good ole seitan or veat!

Oh, you gotta' check out Martha Stewart's recipe for Mac & Cheese.
Mmmmm... Loosen' yer belts!
Aloha,
:tiki:

Did someone say Macaroni & Cheese? Stand back Jack! I got the recipe that'll clog your colon:

3 Cups Shredded Cheese
1/2 pound macaroni
2 T butter/margarine
1/2 t Salt
1 t dry fine powdered mustard
1 T hot water
1 egg - beaten
3/4 Cup milk

Cook macaroni and rinse in hot water. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dump macaroni in casserole dish and stir in butter till melts. Stir in beaten egg also. Combine hot water with salt and mustard until dissolved then mix in 3/4 Cup milk. Stir in about 1/2 of shredded cheese into macaroni mix. Pour milk mix over macaroni in casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese.

Now, you can cover it or not. If you cover it, it doesn't get crusty on top, if you don't, it does (you may like it that way, I don't know. Do you?)

Bake for 40 minutes or until egg custard sets and a bit brown on top.

Take out of over. Put on plate. Get fork. Stuff face.

The end.

Cover it for 25-30 minutes, the finish uncovered. It'll finish just a little crispy on top but juicier.

ffl - your enchilada idea sounds good to me. I'm not having the trad turkey dinner this year. I'd like to go out for mexican & beers this year...maybe Julio's on University in City Heights. It's a favorite of ours.

T

Tofurky isn't that bad! OK, my meat eating family hated it, but my vegetarian husband loves it. It's way overpriced, but you're paying for the novelty of something called TOFURKY!!!

Yes, I am speaking in the past tense - Canadian thanksgiving was last month. But I leave tomorrow for Michigan to do it all over again.. aieee! It's elastic waistband time! I hate to generalize and say Americans eat too much, but HELL! You people eat too much! Except in Hollywood, where a pea is considered a meal.

E

More turducken:

http://www.thesalmons.org/lynn/turducken.mp3

Yes indeedy!

em.

Pages: 1 22 replies