Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Tiki Hut Mini Putt, Overland park, KS (other)

Pages: 1 1 replies

Name:Tiki Hut Mini Putt
Type:other
Street:8500 West 151st
City:Overland park
State:KS
Zip:
Phone:(913) 851-1700

Description:
Acting on info which freddiefreelance posted in answer to my query about Tiki in MO, KS and OK, I checked out this indoor miniature golf course which is part of Incred-a-bowl, a huge bowling complex. The mini-golf course has been open about two years and is decorated in a tropical theme with passable fake plants, a few tikis, a hut, a cave, wall paintings and a waterfall which feeds a stream which flows throughout. Cost to play is $5.75. Posted fall hours are Monday-Wednesday 10am-12am, Thursday 9am-12am, Friday 9am-1am, Saturday 10am-1 am,
Sunday 11am-10pm. Call if you plan to go as hours seem to change.

Three of the holes had one of these heads. On a couple of them, a good strategy was to ricochet off the head.

Decorating a support post was a nice touch.

One hole featured three different Mai Tiki Tikis.

A grass hut toward the end of the course featured these two masks...not very tikiesque, but the lighting was nice.

I played the course with a friend and we found it sufficiently clever. I was happy to see that the Tikis were actual obstacles rather than mere landscaping. The mood could be improved with some mood music or tropical sounds to drown out the noise of the bowling ally.

I wish this place was around when my grandparents lived in Overland Park!
http://incredabowl.com/mini-golf/
Tiki Hut Mini Putt
Looking for a change of scenery? Then come to the Tiki Hut Mini Putt to enjoy a taste of the tropics. With tropical sounds to create the ideal ambiance, a large waterfall that feeds a stream through the course, a realistic cave, beautiful deep blue skies, and palm trees, you’ll feel like you are miles away from home without even stepping foot on a plane. This 18-hole indoor course was designed for people of all ability levels, and with over half of the holes being moveable, you’ll have a new challenge every time you visit.
So, if you’ve been wanting to escape from it all, but just don’t have room in your budget to take the whole brood on a tropical vacation, then why not get a taste of the tropics right here at Incred-a-bowl.

This is a video of the course.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=g3aueJGnaC4#at=70

Pages: 1 1 replies