Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Mountainbiking

Pages: 1 27 replies

For the mountainbikers.. :)

Over a thousand posts and that's what you've come up with.
I'm so sad :(

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2014-01-20 16:19 ]

My buddy BK is just messing with me.

[ Edited by: thechikitiki on 2003-11-26 12:42 ]

I located a mountain bike riding club based out of San Diego called "Tiki Riders" (no relationship). Anybody here a member? See this link for photos of their club shirts: http://www.sdmtb.net/PhotoGallery
Aloha :drink:

Chiki's a hijacking gangsta, but a hell of a carver :)

Fo shizzle my bizzle kizzle.

If you would like I think TC will pay for the second date.
Maybe you guys should take a # and call each other.

Don't get jealous Bax, I got some for you too, that's if Bong doesn't mind. (smile guy here)

Ah, there it is, thanks BK. :wink:
On a sort of related note, my current carving project involves a glowing Tiki carved from ash that I will attach to my bikes front fender. I will post a picture when I'm done. And if you ever talk bad about my sport again :) Not a sport for everybody but can be as exciting as dancing naked, full of Rum on the beaches of Ft. Lauderdale during the Hukilau with your few closest friends. I'm just guessing here of course...

Hey Monkeyman, this thread is for us Tiki addicts to talk MTB, thanks to BK for starting it. Nothing like that crisp morning ride with the sun coming up...I don't see your location, where do you ride. Done most of my riding in the Carolina's, Connecticut and Florida (and I'll tell you the trails in FL are great even without the mountains, I enjoyed Markam Park (in Ft lauderdale) nearly as much as Tsali. I'm to old to ride the trails much now but can still handle a cruise down some doubletrack from time to time.

McDougall, you ever ride central Florida?
Bellview or Ocala Hard Rock? Their both old rock quarries.
I use to go and ride north Georgia alot, places like Ellijay or Windy gap (Windy Gap 3 hour peddle up, 15 minute hauling ass down).
My best experiance mountain biking was in Kauai for three days with some racers that worked at a local bike shop. We went to the center of the island and swam under one of the many falls. Then we would get chicken and beer go to the beach and get shitty. I would have liked to do it every day of the two weeks I spent there, but the wahine was getting upset.

Yeah, ridden Belleview, Hardrock, Ocala park, Lakeland, lotsa great riding there. Alot of road riding in Clermont area also. Used to race the north/south Florida series, mostly south.

Hey fellow mtb'ers, I have to say I'm just posing right now. You can tell when you see me(legs have shrunken by half and belly increased by 2.I still feel as strong as a gorilla(look like one too) but , it ain't right. I used to ride out in Malibu(double track and some single track) , Turnbol Canyon( single track like a roller coaster with some bmx jumps after blind corners going downhill) . But my favorite was just 2 miles down the hill from my house, in Laguna . Aliso Creek/Wood Canyon is the bomb. Several trails from mild to WILD! That morning ride comment made me remember the smell of wild sage bushes, jack rabbits, bobcats , rattlesnakes and MOUNTAIN LION PRINTS! ahh I have to, get on this bike again. Nothing like being in the groove down a single track trail, bunny-hopping creeks. You know, writing about riding is like writing about carving . It's just not the same. You kind of just have to be there.

God Damn! Where do you's find the time to do this stuff!!?? I live a 1/4 mile from the beach and I'm lucky if I get to ride my cruiser there more than twice a summer! (always locked up in the shop!!)(me! not the bike!)Maybe if I ever get to retire....

Good Morning

Thanks for posting this thread. I have limited experiance with Tiki, But I do race my bike- and at least to me it is Tiki. I race 46-50 BMX with my Bamboo frame and fork. I'm still working on my bike, I think I need a Tiki head for the front it.

H

Tiki mountain bikers unite so that we may find the ultimate single track down to a unspoilt beach with topless natives to give us massages as we sip a Mai Tai

I love me some downhill

If I have to explain it, You still wouldnt get it.

[ Edited by: rodeotiki on 2004-10-13 00:25 ]

H
hewey posted on Thu, Jul 7, 2005 7:48 AM

Hey, thought I might add a few things to this topic. I used to race cross country for a bit. Got told I had potential to go to state level, but lost the fun - every ride became "training" - bugger that.

Now I wanta get back into it, but kinda never get around to it... :)

Some pics from my "glory days" haha

M

Aloha Hewey. My Mtb cross country racing days are long gone also. It sure was fun while I was able though and nowadays me and my singlespeed are as good as married. Got some scars also but afraid to take pictures:-)

H
hewey posted on Fri, Jul 8, 2005 1:41 AM

Love a single speeder as an urban/beach cruiser, but dont have the fitness to take one off-road. Its hard enough with 24 gears!

My brothers mate rode a single speed, fully ridged, flat pedalled pushie in a 24 or 12 hr race (cant remember which). By the end, he couldn't feel if his hands were on the bars or not, cause they had gone numb.

ride Florida Canyon all the time... a good set of local trails - good for an after-surf workout. don't really run across too many bikers there either, though blokes at the local shop yack about it all the time. easy to get to - no car trek involved.

Here I am warming up before a night lap during a 24hr.
We won second place because we were drinken too much and not payin attention.

If you can't win the race, win the party!

H
hewey posted on Fri, Aug 24, 2007 5:26 AM

I broke my cruiser... :( Anyone seen this happen before? :lol:

There must be a specific gene sequence that drives these similar traits. As far as Central Florida goes Santos in Bellview, Hard Rock and Croom in Brookesville are a few of the spots I like to hit. I prefer tight and technical. I used to go to Morris Bridge and North Port as they are the closest trails to Sarasota. Lots of sugar though. I have been meaning to join SWAMP for years but..... so many hobbies so little time. Ready for this heat to let up to make riding more bearable.

On 2007-08-24 05:26, hewey wrote:
I broke my cruiser... :( Anyone seen this happen before? :lol:

Wow! I'd say that is a warrenty issue. Cruisers are so cheap and cheaply made. I am surprised I haven't seen it before.

You are lucky both flanges didn't go at the same time.

It's nice to see that most of this thread is as old as when I was doin' a lot of bikin' and less drinkin' with da Tiki Ohana!

I think it was around 2001? I went on a cycle safari across Ireland!

Plus I grew up in Marin County California....the Birth Place of Mountain Biking....even Have Mt. Tamalpias tattooed on my back, (that's where it all started for those who don't know :P )

Even won an award in 1999 for Best Built Mountain Bike....photos later when I can dredge them up!

I've gotta get back in da saddle and lose some drinkin' weight!

H
hewey posted on Sat, Aug 25, 2007 6:24 PM

Wow! I'd say that is a warrenty issue. Cruisers are so cheap and cheaply made. I am surprised I haven't seen it before.

Ebay from a private seller :D Was only AUS$250 so I'm not too worried about it. I might upgrade to a multi-speed hub when I do get it fixed.

I've gotta get back in da saddle and lose some drinkin' weight

I hear that! :lol:

Pages: 1 27 replies