Tiki Central / General Tiki

Upcoming Tiki Gathering in MD/DC/VA

Pages: 1 25 replies

J

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=614&forum=4&2

[ Edited by: johntiki on 2002-08-21 16:58 ]

T

John,
Powerofthetiki and myself are certainly in. We are about 15 min away from each other anyway. BTW bar looks great. Heading to OC next week for vacation. On the fence whether or not the laptop's going.

:sheckymug:

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2002-07-30 21:37 ]

I get up to DC several times each year on business and always try to stop by the Honolulu Restaurant. Next time I'm headed up there, I 'll give you a shout.

[ Edited by: Kailuageoff on 2002-07-31 11:17 ]

Count me in with Turbogod

hey, Did any of you folks ever get to the 'Hawaiian Gardens' in Bowie, MD (or maybe it was Crofton?)

J

I've read about the place, was it on the Tiki Bar Review Page? I need to see if its still there, if so I will have to make the pilgrimage - Bowie is a little harder for me to get to then DC or Northern VA but I am up for a trip to keep everyone informed!

Johntiki
:drink:

I

I'd be in for a future DC/Baltimore tiki gathering, especially if it includes a visit to the Honolulu, or even if it consists only a visit to the Honolulu.

Vern

J

Vern - glad to add you to the list for an upcoming event - that makes 4 or us now...hopefully we can get some more people involved...

Johntiki

T

Johntiki,
I thought that I posted a positive response to this last week, but I don't see it, so I will post again. I'll drive down from N.J., land of the banned Tiki Huts, (see other topics, Tiki Huts banned in NJ)to hook up with other Centralites.

J

On 2002-08-08 19:49, tiki.head wrote:
Johntiki,
I thought that I posted a positive response to this last week, but I don't see it, so I will post again. I'll drive down from N.J., land of the banned Tiki Huts, (see other topics, Tiki Huts banned in NJ)to hook up with other Centralites.

Thanks for your interest - we'll see what we can arrange in the near future!

My wife and I are neophyte tikiphiles living in Alexandria, VA. We'd enjoy a night out with similarly-minded people.

I want to head down from NYC to somewhere Mid-Atlantic on Sunday Sept 1-Tues 3. Any gatherings going on? If not, what's tiki in South Jersey, Baltimore/Maryland, and Virginia/DC?

J

How would Saturday October 12th work for an upcoming event? I'm pretty busy throughout September and I wanted to run this date by everyone before we make it concrete!

Let me know...

J

For those who haven't checked it out yet...
the reviews of the Honolulu on the Tiki Bar Review Page...

http://www.tydirium.net/

October 12 works for me. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to meet some of the fine folks that post here.

John,
Seems fine with me. Looking forward to it.

Chris
:sheckymug:

Count me in. it is starting to look like a good time in the making

[ Edited by: powerofthetiki on 2002-08-24 13:09 ]

Does anyone have the inside info. on Honolulu's parking situation? I read that it is within walking distance of the Metro - would that work or does the Metro stop running pretty early? We are getting a head count together...6 confirmed yes - anyone else wanna join us?

edit: I defer to ikitnrev's superior information below.

[ Edited by: Suburban Hipster on 2002-08-28 06:27 ]

I beleive that I will be able to make it, but my schedule tends to be volatile. So we hope for the best, and plan to be there for now...

I wish we could join you guys, but the timing is bad. You can definitely walk to the Honolulu from the Huntington metro station. I've done it several times. The only problem is there is no sidewalk on that side of the street, so cross to the other side of Huntington Ave. When walking to the restaurant head away from the river and route 1. I think that is south. Also, be sure the wahines (and kanes, too) visit the facilties before leaving the premises. There are no restrooms inside the metro, which can be troubling after too many rum beverages. :o

I

The DC metro now runs until 2am on Friday and Saturday nights. Last call for the Honolulu is earlier than that - I believe they stop serving drinks around 11pm or so - definitely 12 at the latest, so catching the metro home afterwards would be no problem.

Most of the Honolulu parking is in the back. in case that lot is filled, use the parking lot besides the adjacent 7-11.

Vern

ALL THOSE INTERESTED - E-MAIL ME SO WE CAN START COMMUNICATING DETAILS VIA E-MAIL...

Is this gathering still a go for the 12th?

J

So far so good - I've been busy as hell and as soon as I get my personal obligations (dubbing music I promised people, mailing items, etc.) I should be able to sit down, call Honolulu, make arrangements if possible, and make a finalized announcement of the game plan - until then, hold tight, it's in the works!

The upcoming MD/DC/VA Tiki Regalia is set for October 12th at Honolulu in Arlington at 8PM...If anyone else wants to join in, contact me or Honolulu directly to add on to the reservation...

Pages: 1 25 replies