Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki/ Bamboo cane

Pages: 1 6 replies

I'm on the lookout for a bamboo, or carved tiki walking cane. I wish I didn't have to, but my MS has decided to take the lower half of my body and make it numb and hard to control.

I'm really sick of having to use a non-tiki walking device, if I gotta use a cane I might as well get a stylish one. I'm hoping I can find a cane soon, I may call OA and see if I can get one carved, Or Maybe Bamboo Ben can Make me one! Anywho, any help would be great.

Mano Tiki Tia

I've seen some swell looking bent nobby bamboo canes at Costplus Imports. I think the price is about $7. I looked at one this evening and found they were fairly stiff when one's weight is put on them so they seem utilitarian (they probably vary from cane to cane). In the two stores I've seen them in the canes have been located in the import knick-knacks section, with the African masks and paper Chinese umbrellas.

Aloha Mano,
E-mail me your snail mail address and the height you need your stick to be. My dad was semi paralized and we used to make canes out of the boo in his yard. The most important thing is that the height is right (and a rubber foot on the bottom). I'd love to help you out.

Dear Mano Tiki Tia,

I have 2 ornately carved coconut tree tiki canes. I will give you one of them as I know you would appreciate it. Bamboo Ben is right though, it is important to get one that is the right height. If you can't get to Huntington Beach, I have a friend that lives in Torrance and maybe he can meet you somewhere. Email me if you're interested.

Tiki-Bong I am interested in the cane. But, I need your E-mail address, send a message to [email protected]
thanks

Hey Mano Tiki Tia,

If you need a ride down to Hunting Beach to see Bamboo Ben I'll be glad to help you out anytime. I'm self employed so my schedule is flexible.

Thanks for all the help. This board/community is great, (Sniff, Sniff)
Thank you for all the support, this has been a difficult time for me,but you guys have made it a little easier. Once again thank you for all the help.

Mano Tiki Tia

P.S. Atomic thanks for offering to take me to see Ben, I really appreciate you being kind enough to take the time out of your day for me. But, my wife has the burden of driving me everywhere, and I wouldn't want to deprive her of that burden. Once again thank you very much.

Pages: 1 6 replies