Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Can't recommend this book enough-Oceanic Art

Pages: 1 4 replies

This is a book set that I have been using for a while now...it is huge. This is the best price I have ever seen, and there are two sets there for the getting. If I didn't already have it I'd buy it without hesitation. It is an education in itself, full of photos and history on Oceanic artifacts. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3641036636&category=357

Yes, indeed a must for everyone interested in oceanic arts. Only flaw is that there is not as much text as there are superbe photographs. But the again that would have meant four volumes...

You can get it used on Amazon for 40$.

This is a great set.

Also, look for "Arts of the South Seas", a similarly lavish single volume published by Prestel at $75, and well worth it.

I bought that box set last year at TJ Max new, still wrapped in plastic for $19.99. Guess they were closing the set out. I agree with BK, these are two LARGE books packed with photos. Great reference.

[ Edited by: ZuluMagoo on 2003-11-28 13:48 ]

My wife bought me the single volume version of that set for my birthday. She only paid around $25 at The Strand (via Amazon). As far as I can tell, they have the same content. Anyone know what the difference is? (besides being a double/boxed edition)

-Z

Pages: 1 4 replies