Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Books...

Pages: 1 4 replies

R
Rorysm posted on Tue, Dec 2, 2003 2:15 PM

Hey, I raided my school's library (I'm a high school teacher) and found a copy of Heyerdahl's Kon-Tiki, Michener's Hawaii, and a biography of Captain Cook.

I'm tempted to "lose" them and pay the standard $10 fee for lost books.

B

Sounds good

...as long as your school librarian isn't a member of Tiki Central

T

Hmmm, I think that stealing from libraries is bad karma! You should just buy the books on Ebay, could be cheaper. You wouldn't want to take away some poor young kid's chance to be turned on to the world of tiki by stealing the library's only South Seas books now would you?

Wheee I am just ribbing, and I know you were kidding. But still. Don't swipe from the library, people!

If it weren't for the public library, I'd prbably be working at Tim Horton's right now...

E

Amen tikifish. You should be able to find these books in used book stores, I see 'em all the time - dunno about the Cook biography, but Michener and Heyerdahl - buttloads!

em

K
Kenike posted on Wed, Dec 3, 2003 4:18 PM

Those books probably haven't been checked out in years. In fact, they'd probably pay you to keep them so they have more room for Harry Potter.

I recently got a library copy of Aku Aku by Heyerdahl and it still had the old library card inside. It hadn't been checked out since 1974!

:drink:

Pages: 1 4 replies