Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

WANTED: Ren Clark Headhunter mug!!!

Pages: 1 17 replies

Hey, It's a long shot, but I am looking for the bloody Ren Clark Headhunter cocktail mug. If anyone knows of one or has one for sale, please contact me at:
[email protected]
Thanks,
~Sheryl

S
SES posted on Thu, Dec 4, 2003 4:45 PM

On 2003-12-04 15:37, biguglystick wrote:
Hey, It's a long shot, but I am looking for the bloody Ren Clark Headhunter cocktail mug. If anyone knows of one or has one for sale, please contact me

Run a search here and you will find that you have a really long line in front of you.
:D

T

It's not so much that the line is long, but that the bucks are big.

UJ

i second that.

...and I think the last one was cracked.

Well, PUT ME IN LINE, then! I am looking for a Headhunter cocktail mug! Cheers!
xo
~Sheryl

On a related matter, can some one tell me how many signature mugs there are from Ren Clark's Polynesian Village. I am aware of three: the severed head, the large nose native, and a polynesian girl bust.

Here's another Ren Clark mug that you don't see very often. It's about 8 inches tall and whatever it held, it sure didn't hold very much of it :)
It'a a very unusual mug though!

A

Here you go. I am not the seller.

And reserve not met

ren clark mug on ebay

I bet this one will fetch more than 13 Cnotes that the last one commanded.

Yeah, the last one that sold about a week ago went for 1375.00. And that one was kinda mis-listed at Ron Clark's and not Ren Clarks...

Good luck and happy bidding! LOL

[ Edited by: Cool Manchu 2005-10-07 15:32 ]

when I read this first post it reminded me of walking into my first shopping trip in a neato vintage furniture store (around 92 or so I guess) and asking where I could get an Egg Chair. The lady looked like she had heard that about a million times.

On 2005-10-07 15:21, AlienTiki wrote:
Here you go. I am not the seller.

And reserve not met

ren clark mug on ebay

I bet this one will fetch more than 13 Cnotes that the last one commanded.

I don't know, usually when an item seems to pop up because it's predecessor got an unusual high amount the week before, the previous bidders are frustrated and don't go at it again right away.
But then, this bugger is always an exception. Watching his auctions is a little like going to the races.

The one listed shows how ridiculous it looks right side up. And the paintjob is not as nice. But I love the seller's comment:
"...don't bug us about stopping the auction. If he doesn't sell, please don't try to make a deal unless it's a 1951 Studebaker, that runs!"

H
hewey posted on Sat, Oct 8, 2005 8:01 AM

If mummy and daddy love you they will buy you one...

(always wanted to say that to kids when they ask parents for stuff in a store)

yeah add me to the list of wanting one but $1375 is alittle out of my range for a mug? My wife would kill me and then give all my mugs away !!!

B

On 2003-12-05 16:03, cocktailmonkey wrote:
On a related matter, can some one tell me how many signature mugs there are from Ren Clark's Polynesian Village. I am aware of three: the severed head, the large nose native, and a polynesian girl bust.

Ren Clark also has a signature tiki that looks like he has a bloated tummy or is holding something on his chest.

I cannot believe the price they're getting on these. Don't get me wrong, it is one of my favorite mugs but yeash!

Well, $1,100!!!!!!
I guess I'm in for some saving and searching for sure! Geeeeez!

I've had fantasies for years of going up to Fort Worth and knocking door-to-door, like a Jehovah's Witness. I'd pass out tracs of "Tikiwatch" instead of "Watchtower," with a "Have you seen this severed head?" panel on the back, like a milk carton.

And then I'd offer 'em $50 whole dollars if they had one...

I'd even let them haggle me up 10X that amount....

Pages: 1 17 replies