Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Quienes es mas Tiki?

Pages: 1 2 62 replies

T

On 2003-09-08 09:40, Geeky Tiki wrote:
Purple Jade, I think your replies are dumb and I'm attacking you!

How's this!

GT

On 2003-12-09 14:01, Tiki_Bong wrote:

On 2003-09-08 09:40, Geeky Tiki wrote:
Purple Jade, I think your replies are dumb and I'm attacking you!

How's this!

That's actually pretty funny. I guess your English to Bong translator is malfunctioning!

T

On 2003-12-09 13:17, Geeky Tiki wrote:

Disagreent is different than animosity.

Speaking of English translators, I guess your's is also malfunctioning. Disagreent (?)

GT

On 2003-12-09 14:34, Tiki_Bong wrote:

On 2003-12-09 13:17, Geeky Tiki wrote:

Disagreent is different than animosity.

Speaking of English translators, I guess your's is also malfunctioning. Disagreent (?)

That one is weak, a typo.

If ya can't figure out what the word was meant to be, condolences.

Yeah, it's threads like this that are really the backbone of TikiCentral. That's why we've all been enjoying it so much lately.

A

Not a lot of support, huh Geek, maybe everyone you pissed off is wrong and your right. I doubt it. At least you showed 'em with your incredible acerbic wit, wow!!! In the future if you want to disagree and not criticize leave out the condescension and contempt. Also if number of post is no indicator of respect, how about quality? your pugnacious and immature attitude leaves much to be desired. This is a short paragraph, that leaves you to post at least 25 lines of rebuttal, time to get in the last word, go man go.

I

In my view the team (OSU, LSU, USC) that is the most tiki is the team that has the most players who are likely to choose to seek out a tiki bar when doing a roadtrip. I have no way of determining that, and I don't expect ESPN to do a poll soon on this subject. Maybe some of the players have tiki bars in their homes? If so, I'll cheer for them!

In my view, sports teams aren't tiki. Cities and states aren't tiki either. Instead, it is the individual(s) that determines whether something is tiki.

If there was a OSU fan who was into tiki, and seeked out a cool bar in New Orleans, I would call him tiki - but that honor does not get passed to the entire team, or the rest of their fans.

If Joe Namath celebrated his Super Bowl win by going out for rum drinks at a tiki bar -- now, that would be tiki. A group of LSU fans celebrating a victory in a tiki bar would be tiki too.

But having a group of OSU fans on one side of a tiki bar, with a group of USC fans on the other side of the same bar -- well, that could be tiki, until they started to trade playful insults about the others schools, which then led to loud group singing of the respective school fight songs, which then escalated to yelling, screaming, and then a rumble that destroys all the tiki mugs in the tiki bar. That is definitely not tiki.

Fortunately, most of the better tiki bars I know don't have television sets, so the chance of a gang of sports fans showing up in mass is unlikely.

One of my general complaints with sports fans is that there is a subset of them who do enjoy that playful taunting of the opponents - for them, that is a form of camaraderie, done in good jest. But sometimes that carries on outward to the rest of their world, where such banter is less welcome.

I don't find myself watching as much football on television as I used to, but I can watch and enjoy a good game without feeling guilty about it. But generally, I greatly prefer drinking rum drinks with friends in a tiki bar.

Vern

• Empty Rum Bottle Throwing for Distance.
  • Timed Tiki Carving.
  • Maori Weapon Target Shooting.
  • Tiki-torch Toss (like egg tossing).
  • Speed Ukulele Playing.
    and of course,
  • Outrigger races!

Now there are some sports!

...nobody listens to me...on with the worthless ranting and raving...

amen to vern!

i appreciated this eloquent and concise discourse :tiki:

mahalo, j$

T

On 2003-12-09 16:08, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:

• Empty Rum Bottle Throwing for Distance.
  • Timed Tiki Carving.
  • Maori Weapon Target Shooting.
  • Tiki-torch Toss (like egg tossing).
  • Speed Ukulele Playing.
    and of course,
  • Outrigger races!

Now there are some sports!

...nobody listens to me...on with the worthless ranting and raving...

I think you got something there Suga'

GT

On 2003-12-09 14:57, Alnshely wrote:
Not a lot of support, huh Geek, maybe everyone you pissed off is wrong and your right. I doubt it. At least you showed 'em with your incredible acerbic wit, wow!!! In the future if you want to disagree and not criticize leave out the condescension and contempt. Also if number of post is no indicator of respect, how about quality? your pugnacious and immature attitude leaves much to be desired. This is a short paragraph, that leaves you to post at least 25 lines of rebuttal, time to get in the last word, go man go.

Just the logical conclusion to asking which teams people might think had any Tiki-ness to them.

Check the first post and then decide if I had hostile intent toward anybody.

T

Geek,

Jesus Christ (and not in a good way), quit playing 'victim'. You know you had a smart ass comment when I said "I never had any interest in sports/watching TV". I didn't say anything about your hobby. I just stated that I didn't have any interest in sports/watching TV. Me not you.

Oh! I'm not 'man' enough to watch TV I guess is what you implied. I'd a back-handed you if you were within smacking distance.

You want 'man' activities boy? Come with me on an overhead day.

I guess if I existed in the desert I'd watch TV too. But then... I don't.

T

On 2003-12-08 18:31, Geeky Tiki wrote:
Geez, so bitchy Bong!

Try validate-me.com and you might find the right guy for you!

As long as we're here, how about letting us know if you are a vegan or wiccan, too, as those afflictions often coexist in persons who have to stoop so low to brag that they have to mention not watching TV in order to feel good.

I hope I'm not keeping you, there are probably other threads you need time to be a peckerhead on.

Ah, I see what you mean. You imply I'm gay, a vegan and a peckerhead.

GT

On 2003-12-09 17:30, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Geek,

Jesus Christ (and not in a good way), quit playing 'victim'. You know you had a smart ass comment when I said "I never had any interest in sports/watching TV". I didn't say anything about your hobby. I just stated that I didn't have any interest in sports/watching TV. Me not you.

Oh! I'm not 'man' enough to watch TV I guess is what you implied. I'd a back-handed you if you were within smacking distance.

You want 'man' activities boy? Come with me on an overhead day.

I guess if I existed in the desert I'd watch TV too. But then... I don't.

Bong, if ya were in smackin distance, we'd a been having a drink and you would have laughed at the subject, me, or both, and then we'd a had more drinks and talked about other stuff.

If the others were there, they mighta good naturedly thrown wadded up napkins and said, "Football! Geez, that man is one drink short! Bartender!"

You wouldn't have been as condescending in person, just from the comfort of your keyboard. So, I figure nothing wrong with smart ass replies to smart ass replies.

These threads break out from time to time. A tempest in a tiki mug, and people act like their deepest sensibilities have been assailed, I don't think anyone is sitting at home hurt by anything anyone has said.

Topic locked.

Pages: 1 2 62 replies