Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

www.tiki-store.com

Pages: 1 11 replies

G
Gary posted on Mon, Dec 8, 2003 2:24 PM

I placed a $300 PayPal order with http://www.tiki-store.com 5 weeks ago and have received nothing. Five e-mails and two phone messages have gone unanswered and I'm growing concerned. No matter when I try their phone number, I get an answering machine that says they can't get to the phone.

The only response I received from them was an e-mail one day after placing the order saying my order would arrive in 2-3 weeks. Did something happen to this company? Anyone had any past experiences with them? They are located in Menifee, California.

Thanks,
Gary

UJ

Well the only thing I can say is it is pretty close to xmas and the shipping industry is getting bogged down. $300 sounds like a lot of items, meaning heavier items may ship slower (due to shipping employees).

BUT, it has been 5 weeks and them not getting back to you is poor business. Even if they are out of an item they should atleast email you and inform you. I would suggest doing what you are doing and stay on top of this. If you have any doubts check with the BBB, just incase they are listed with them.

Personaly I would suspect they are backed up b/c of the holidays. But they should inform you. Keep us updated! I've thought about ordering matting and bamboo from them. Unless someone here in the board sell them. :wink:

PS~ all of the party supplieshttp://www.tiki-store.com/pages/7/index.htm can be bought cheaper through Oriental Trading Co.

Sorry for the long link below:http://www.orientaltrading.com/otcweb/application?namespace=browse&origin=topLevelLandingPage.jsp&event=link.browse&categoryId=342702

Mo-Holler.

[ Edited by: Unkle John on 2003-12-08 15:13 ]

TR

Meow...(aloha in snail speak)

BB

I have never had any experience with them, but they do have some nice items. Please keep us updated as to how your transaction works out. Good Luck!

Aloha Gary!

Tiki Store's BBB Report to date, shows a clean record. The report shows a fax number too, so try faxing them as well. Let us know what comes of this.

By the way, since you are now an officially registered member, why don't you tell us more about where you are located, what decor, if any, you have in your home, as well as any experiences of tiki near your hometown.

SugarCaddyDaddy

G
Gary posted on Tue, Dec 9, 2003 4:04 PM

Sent another e-mail this past weekend and phoned them, leaving yet another message that was not returned. Called UPS today and gave them a description of what I ordered and was told the shipping time would have been 5-7 working days from the time the item was dropped off at their desk, not 2-3 weeks as indicated in the e-mail from Julia Danford of Tiki-Store. UPS could not back trace to see if Tiki-Store had sent me a shipment even though I had both addresses. Thought that was odd since they log all of the shipping information, sender and receiver.

I'd say I have been ripped off and will contact PayPal tonight to have the charges removed. Very poor business. :(

G
Gary posted on Tue, Dec 9, 2003 4:27 PM

UPDATE: I just completed the complaint form on PayPal only to find out they aren't going to investigate since the purchase occured more than 30 days ago! They will make a log of it. Big Deal! A word to the wise: If you buy something with PayPal and don't receive it within 29 days, get on their website and file a claim asap or you will be S.O.L. I can say http://www.tiki-store.com is not a place to buy from.

K
Kenike posted on Tue, Dec 9, 2003 5:29 PM

Damn that sucks!! What about contacting the BBB? That's sure to get their attention, as well as the bad press they're getting here. I sure won't buy from them.

:drink:

T

what about, we go down there and kick the crap out of who ever opens the door for Gary!
Here's where they're located: http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?csz=Menifee%2C+CA+92584-9305&state=CA&uzip=92584&ds=n&name=&desc=&ed=zHWiMup_0TozsU9ZXQRBZxLFK6O7JWNkTzfXTOIbIOVJoOZBvY_WCI06k8vk9.Ubet0qGxND8ursiYfXo9Vp_uSCsmywp8Ip.pyk2ZmfAnvivb4Zb1q5AHxh&BFClick=&BFKey=&zoomin=yes&resize=s&mag=5
and there address is: Julia Danford
25481 Bundy Canyon Rd.
Menifee, Ca 92584
phone orders call (909) 301-8658
"I'm here to do two things, chew bubble gum and kick some ace,... and I'm all out of bubble gum."

On 2003-12-09 10:00, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:
Aloha Gary!

Tiki Store's BBB Report to date, shows a clean record.
SugarCaddyDaddy

Tiki Central should start it's own critiquing database for good and bad tiki vendors.

G
Gary posted on Sun, Dec 14, 2003 6:16 PM

It would seem this company has gone belly-up. The link to the website no longer goes there, instead, it goes to Network Solutions with the "site coming soon" message. Lost their web host? Oh well, I'm calling my CC company tomorrow and get the charges removed.

Gary~
I did a quicksearch on the name tiki-store.com. Click here to see that there is a phone number there that was not listed on either the Better Business Bureau's website or tiki-store's own website. Try the "1029" number on the link above and hopefully will get a live body to answer in case you have any further problems.

Good luck Gary.

This post will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Pages: 1 11 replies