Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

RoseBowl Swap meet. Sun Dec 14 free tiki necklace

Pages: 1 25 replies

T

I'll be selling my soul this Sunday, Dec 14 at the RoseBowl Swap Meet. My large tikis are gonna be wAy cHeap! Some at $30.per foot. I've never been, but friends have told me they've found their best mugs there. I'll have a 20 foot tall "A" frame bamboo hut set up so you can spot me from far away. I'll also be doing a chissel-carving demo all day.
Oh yeah, mention you're a TC Local and I'll strangle you with a driftwood carved tiki necklace to take home! Here's some stuff I'll have:

plus I'll be selling my amigo's shirts from http://www.adriftclothing.com
I'll be in the white section, across the bridge: Here's admission info:
http://www.rgcshows.com/rosebowl.asp#ADMISSIONS

Hey .......How are you gonna get all that stuff in your TikiTonyMobile? Wanna borrow my truck?

Bongofury

T

hey, rongobongofury-o,
that's so nice of you, but I'm borrowing my pops vanimal (half van, half animal). I still haven't forgotten about your LED eyes tiki necklace yet, I just keep forgettin' to make it. Hows the house coming?

Yaowzaa! Good luck Chone! I might stop by.

M

Hey brah,
I'll be selling in the white section. I'll cruise by.
Dig your paintings.
laterz
:tiki:

I'm definitely going to try and make this. Hey MT, I'm still interested in the stuff we talked about awhile back. I'll touch base with you before the weekend. Maybe we can meet up at Rose Bowl.

Looking forward to meeting you Tony. Can't wait to see your stuff in person!

I will be there to check this rose bowl stuff out for the first time. Tony, I am trying to bust ass to finish your frame in time to bring it to you at your booth.

Chiki, If you are going could you bring my tiki? Call me to figure a rendezvouz point. My cell is 760-458-4781.

sweet, hope to see you there chiki, and gang. I'll have your drawing monkey!

I'm gonna try to make it up there on Sunday. If it's pissin' rain though I'm not gonna haul my tired, hungover ass outta bed at 2:30 AM to get there (that is unless your offering a special rain day discount).

Is this event indoors or will rain cancel it?
It is forecasted to rain down here in San Diego on Sunday.

I'm seeing 50% chance of showers, mostly in the afternoon. That's from http://www.weather.com, http://www.wunderground.com & http://www.wrh.noaa.gov .

Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., D.F.S

[ Edited by: freddiefreelance on 2003-12-13 11:26 ]

if it rains tony, yer always welcome to stop by. oldtown pasadena is just a stones throw away!

Well it looks like Rose Bowl plans are on the rocks...it's now 12:03 AM PST and I just got home from a night of zombies & mai tais at the Hanalei bar. Ran into a bunch of Green Bay Packers fans staying there for the GB/Chargers game tomorrow. I love partying with midwesterners...it's such a refreshing departure from the usual crap inflicted on me in my day to day! Does that make any sense? No...oh well

I don't think I'm going to make it just because it is a 50% chance of rain, A 2 hour drive one way, and I don't know if anyone will be there if it is raining. BUT...... Tony, I did get your frame finished and it is ready to be shipped. PM me with your address again.

Here is your frame. I did this one dark.

Dig the frame Monkeyman!

Tony, how did you do? Did it rain?

it did rain, but not until around 12:30.

I was wandering around, and felt the temperature drop, and that was my cue to get over to the section tiki tony was set up in.

That and the formerly dry wash turning into a river told me to get movin. I managed to find his booth, and had a nice conversation with him. His stuff is great to see inperson, and the free necklace was a cool touch.

It rained about ten minutes after I found him. And I guess I missed a certain bigbro by a few minutes.

The rain was a shame, but I'm glad I got to see the carvings and clothes.

TG
http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens.com

[ Edited by: tikigardener on 2003-12-14 17:37 ]

T

yup, rain rain. by the time I got home to Ventura, it was Sunny and warm. I'll be posting pictures of my remaining stuff at those lOw low swap meet prices. Thanks for all the support from you TCers who showed up. It was great to meet the Trader Pups, MTKahuna, Tikigardener, and of course, I almost wet my pants when I saw, bigbro looking at my stuff. Without the support of TCers I would have barelly made rent.

On 2003-12-14 18:34, tikitony wrote:
Without the support of TCers I would have barelly made rent.

I really feel bad about that. I wish that I wasn't as uncertain about company bonuses this year. Otherwise I would have bought some serious tiki. With it being that time of year, I have to limit the gifts to myself.

But I do want to see the drawings of your frame ideas.

TG

Tony, I was set to go to Rose Bowl yesterday but the starter on my wife's car gave out. That damn p.o.s! Another expense at the time of year when it hurts the most. I'll have to catch up with you on the next one -- I still want to check out your stuff.

POS? I didn't want to mention it but that Honda has the worst reliability record of all Hondas(Isuzu)

M

TikiTony,
Ku carvings brah... I definately wanted to get one of your pieces (lamp). I was going to head back to your space when suddenly the clowds opened up & the gods began to cry...
We had to scamble to pack up.

OY!!! What a freakin mess.
Don't get discouraged. The weather and season were not in your favor.
Try sell again.

MTKahuna :tiki:

[ Edited by: MTKahuna on 2003-12-15 19:13 ]

T

What about the Mrs. and me? Anyway, it was a pleasure to meet you. The shelf we bought looks great filled with mugs. Thanx again for the necklaces.
Tell Marcus that we love our tiki shirts from Adrift.
Too bad the rain came. I think my mom would have bought one of your tikis for her deck. The next time she comes to visit, maybe we'll take a ride out to Ventura.

TikiPug

P.S. What a bonus to run into Sven while shooping at your booth.

oOps, I ment Tikipug, not Trader Pups. My props go to the almighty Tikipugs for all there support.

Hey Tony,
Did ya get those drawings outta yer van?
Still want to see 'em.

patience daniel-son. I'll send 'em your way asap... well as soon as I'm near my scanner!

Coooooool. The longer you take, the closer I get to knowing if seasons bonuses are going to be handed out.
Wish I worked at that shoe factory in Maine.
TG

Pages: 1 25 replies