Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Worst Album Covers

Pages: 1 2 75 replies

S

HERE

Warning: If you are drinking milk, swallow before going here or it will be coming out your nose!

WORST!?! I think you might have made a typo! Those are some of the GREATEST album covers I've ever seen in my life!

HILARIOUS! Thanks for sharing.

:)

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris on 2003-12-16 09:01 ]

That Millie Jackson is one classy dame.

"julie's Sixteenth Birthday" is the most sick & wrong damn funny thing I've ever seen.

-Z

I'm not going to embarrass myself by saying how many of those I own...

E

Devastatin' Dave - Q-bert is not shaking in his boots.

Tino - rent boy.

Orleans - bunch of rent boys.

John Bult - I bought you a glass of cheap draft beer, now you owe me a roll in the hay.

Millie Jackson - lay off the rails, girl!

Joyce - had the operation, not pleased with results.

T

Great find Swanky. Let Me Touch Him got me laughing the most!

T

Let me touch him...

Yep, that's the one that got me too.

Those are killer!

That site lead me to another:

A unique name for a quartet!

I also found the image that has been motivating Michael Jackson for 20 years:

[ Edited by: geeky tiki on 2003-12-16 13:36 ]

[ Edited by: Geeky Tiki on 2003-12-16 13:37 ]

S

Yeah, that 16th birthday one is the creapiest. RUN A-WAY!

also creepy:

hell! they're ALL creepy!

I laughed so loud at home when I saw the albums that my neighbor had to knock on the door to see if I was okay. I showed him the album covers and he went into his house and bought at least 3 of them on your list.

I was so embarassed afterwards. He said it was his favorite albums.

What a coincidence!

Tiene_tiki

Thanks for kicking open the gates of hell and giving us a glimpse inside Swanky! Joyce - now I know where Dustin Hoffman got the "look" for Tootsie.

S

Okay, I can't take credit for those. I just posted the link. But I am now posting 2 covers from my collection. I don't have a scanner big enough, so these are spliced together and the bottoms are cut off...

that bottom one has subliminal Dairy Queen advertising...

Thanks. I was looking for some new artistic inspiration, and those album covers have done the trick!

http://www.samgambino.com

On 2003-12-17 06:44, Johnny Dollar wrote:
that bottom one has subliminal Dairy Queen advertising...

Whatta dollop!

Trader Woody

HEY, That guy second from left looks like a familiar TC member! Now I know not to sit next to him in a bar!

[ Edited by: Atomic Cocktail on 2004-02-18 11:42 ]

When I was looking for kooky album covers to frame awhile back I bought the "Reverend in Rhythm". Unfortunately, I tossed it without realizing it was on a "worst of" list. Come to think of it, I tossed it before listening to it.

Hey he looks like my icon!

I wonder what's in his pipe? Maybe some green?

On 2004-02-19 21:28, Unkle John wrote:

It's frop.

That's Dobbs in his old age.

At the risk of being redundant,

Here's a couple of albums from my collection that I've posted before:

Sabu

TM1

A. A. Allen, "God is a killer"

I looked this jack-ass up, and he died of a drug overdose in a hotel room during the 70's..a known con artist and hypocrite..he took lot's and lots of money from his followers..and used it to buy..you guessed it....hookers and drugs!!!

PS, God is NOT a killer!

On 2004-02-20 10:35, tikibars wrote:

On 2004-02-19 21:28, Unkle John wrote:

It's frop.
That's Dobbs in his old age.

No, it's just an optical illusion. You do know there is no "Bob," don't you? He told me himself on X-Day when I was helping Jesus pack up the P.A.

On 2004-02-24 17:27, tiki mick wrote:

I looked this jack-ass up, and he died of a drug overdose in a hotel room during the 70's..a known con artist and hypocrite..he took lot's and lots of money from his followers..and used it to buy..you guessed it....hookers and drugs!!!

PS, God is NOT a killer!

Let us pause here for a moment and contemplate, that, altough we believe we know our fellow Tiki Central brethren, we do not, and that only Tiki knows what confusion lurks in the hearts of men.

On 2004-02-25 16:44, bigbrotiki wrote:

On 2004-02-24 17:27, tiki mick wrote:

PS, God is NOT a killer!

Let us pause here for a moment and contemplate, that, altough we believe we know our fellow Tiki Central brethren, we do not, and that only Tiki knows what confusion lurks in the hearts of men.

\
Waddaya mean Sven? Now I am confused!

By the way, your book is like the bible to me! I have read it too many times!!!!!!

This has gotta be in the top ten!
He's from somewhere around The S.F. area. God help us.
Here is the desciption:
Traditional Jewish folk songs and Instrumental Surf Music

Ask any big Hollywood macher, and they'll tell you - it's the latest craze with the boychiks and maydeles. The parting of the Red Sea and the curl of the Banzai Pipeline. The sands of the Sinai and the waves at Waikiki. The Diamond District and Diamond Head. The songs of the Jews and the sound of the surf guitar!

Grab your surfboard, a bobby-pin for your yarmulke, and pack a lunch. Don't forget sunscreen. The whole mishpuchah will be there, to kibitz, to nosh, and to dance the hora at the MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY!!!

"But this is Charlie's point...CHARLIE DON'T SURF!"

[ Edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2004-02-28 23:48 ]

Hey Unga, don't be knocking Mel Waldorf's Meshugga Beach Party, since it's a joke cover/text as compared to the other albums which were serious.
It's a good album, by the way. As as Mel's other band Mach IV.
Ferenc (also from the Mach IV and Pollo Del Mar), designed the cover. Check out the Mach IV "Eleki" cover and liner notes with complete mock band bio.
ShipwreckJoey - that's Mel's modified 3 pickup Jazzmaster with added Jaguar style mute.

Ran

Watch out or I'll start posting my mother's old Jimmy Roselli 8-Tracks...

S

I picked this up today at a thrift store:

One of these guys is not friendly.

The Swank Pad Broadcast - If it's Swank...

[ Edited by: Swanky on 2004-04-15 19:09 ]

T

On 2004-04-15 19:09, Swanky wrote:

I guess that album is after the name change, the Friendlt Four plus Surley

And this country doesn't have a monopoly for wacky cover art. This one is named after an evil duck overlord.

Tis the season...

http://www.vinylencore.com/Christmas%20Album%20Covers.htm

[ Edited by: Feelin' Zombified on 2004-11-27 07:47 ]

I

I recived a gift from my sister in the mail today - a small hardcover book titled 'The Worst Album Covers Ever!' by Nick DiFonzo. If you've enjoyed this thread, you will likely enjoy having this book in your library.

80 different covers, one per page, every page in full color. Many of the covers that were linked or shown in this thread are included in the book.

The publisher of the book Barnes and Noble -- it is not available yet on their website (or amazon.com either)

Vern

On 2004-04-15 19:38, Turbogod wrote:

On 2004-04-15 19:09, Swanky wrote:

I guess that album is after the name change, the Friendlt Four plus Surley

I don't get it! Is the non-friendly the short fellow in drag? Looks like he could throw down! :wink:
-FB

S

"The Friendly Four" - Maybe their drummer spontaneously combusted after the photo was taken?

MT

How about this one by the artist "Phranc"?

Phranc's album title says it all - "I Enjoy Being A Girl". :o

This is a fav of mine that goes back to my college radio dj days. It's kind of hard to read the titles because this picture is grainy, but one of the songs is M-A-R-T-I-N-A, which is a tribute to Martina Navratilova (who else?)!!!

MT

Come to think of it, Phranc looks a lot like The Reverend In Rhythm.

Coincidence? I think not! Phranc must be the spawn of Father Robert White and the DEVIL!!! :evil:

[ Edited by: Mai Tai on 2005-01-19 02:21 ]

On 2005-01-19 02:09, Mai Tai wrote:
How about this one by the artist "Phranc"?

Phranc's album title says it all - "I Enjoy Being A Girl". :o

This is a fav of mine that goes back to my college radio dj days. It's kind of hard to read the titles because this picture is grainy, but one of the songs is M-A-R-T-I-N-A, which is a tribute to Martina Navratilova (who else?)!!!

I love Phranc! The worlds greatest All-American Jewish Lesbian Folk Singer! She's also an accomplished multimedia sculptor (her work in cardboard has appeared in the LA Times Food Section several times & she's had shows at Highways in Santa Monica & PS 122 in NYC), a surfer, a serious Tupperware salesdyke, & does a great Neil Diamond tribute act! She's also a former member of Nervous Gender & Catholic Disipline (but the old punks knew that already, right?) & sometimes plays the Uke in her folkie shows. And she owns her own milkman uniform:

Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., D.F.S

[ Edited by: freddiefreelance on 2005-01-19 08:39 ]

I just bought this a few days ago in a shop just down the road. Words fail me....

Shutterfly seemS to have cut off the name, 'Wild Oates'. The album itself is truly appalling - a bunch of covers done in a 'jaunty' manner and recorded in an obscure Yorkshire village. They massacre 'The Most Beautiful Girl in the World', 'Old Shep', and even 'Folsom Prison Blues'. The vertically-challenged chap is called 'Big Mick' and he plays the drums.

My copy is fully autographed....

Trader Woody

On 2004-12-21 15:25, FreakBear wrote:

I don't get it! Is the non-friendly the short fellow in drag? Looks like he could throw down! :wink:
-FB

Scary! I finally got it-- "4" as in "of the 5 pictured". I was never big on math!
-FB

8T

Just in case you ever wondered what happened to Morocco Mole from the cartoons...he now plays drums.

When we first met.......

[ Edited by: 8FT Tiki on 2005-01-23 22:06 ]

[ Edited by: 8FT Tiki on 2005-01-23 22:10 ]

I know you all want to see the back of Morocco Mole's album:

Trader Woody

Just stumbled across this one --

Pages: 1 2 75 replies