Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

favorite Tiki Mug artist

Pages: 1 10 replies

Hello,
This is my first post on the board, I love the information that I find here( Frankoma information has been very helpful).

Anyways, I was curious as to what everyone's favorite current Tiki Mug artist is?

I personally really enjoy the work being done by the father son combo at Munktiki.

Bosko

Steve Crane...hands down.

Munktiki...hands in the air like you don't care.
Love their simple designs like Poptiki and Evil Bastard.

BOSKO and this guy too

Sorry, I feel like I'm clapping for myself.

I didn't know you made mugs Chikitiki. So your signature is the straight lower lip as it comes across in the middle eh? I dig!

Oh, yeah...That reminds me...I guess "myself" should have been in there as a choice. Now if the place will just happen.....

Here are three of my favourite artist tiki mugs

G

I would say Steve Crane, Ren CLark and some braddah named afta a lizzard.....gecko i think?

sneak preview of da back. not done yet. this is just da wax mold.

Choke Mahaloz to my man Squid!

i think i will add gecko and kevin kidney to this list. these are the best tiki mugs i have seen come out of the 'farm in a while.
for new mugs, i say these get a thumbs up
for the classic, definetly go with the outrigger moai, the bumatay, and my new favorite, being the one gecko posted up for trade
bowls, newer, the bosko bowl that was available at the taboo cove, in brown or red, old steve crane bird or three ku scorpion

[ Edited by: tikitanked on 2004-01-26 10:24 ]

Not to sound cliche, but my very favorite new mugs that I've picked up in the past couple of years have been designed by Shag. I also love Bosko and Chiki Tiki.

Pages: 1 10 replies