Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Mai-Kai ... we came, we saw, we closed the bar

Pages: 1 8 replies

Many thanks from Joelle and I to Kern, BK, and Pablus for an extraordinary evening at the Mai-Kai! This was a special evening with some truly amazing people.

BK, you're something else! One of the very few true lost-souls - a 21'st Century Man with the soul of a 19'th century Maori craftsman. Dude - your work is AWESOME!

Pablus, you also are a lost-soul, though I rather hesitate to speculate too far where from - something about the Victorian Hellraiser Clubs springs immediately to mind. Aside from the moderating influence of our Wahines, I'm convinced you and I would've ended up in the drink at the Mai-Kai! Next time for sure! A special thanks for the wine - this was a once in a lifetime experience.

Kern; what can we say? There just aren't any superlatives sufficient to describe the evening. Thanks for the entertainment, the stories, and the good company! Joelle and I can't wait for the big New Years party, and hope we'll see you so you can meet the rest of the family.

A night to remember.
Kern, Pablus, Basement Kahuna, Cybertiki

Cybertiki, your killing me. I wanted to join you guys at the Mai Kai but just couldn't make it. Maybe next time. Sounds like you had a great time. Maybe we can recreate the debauchery at the Hawaiian Inn January 17th!

Pablus looks two sheets to the wind!

Actually, Pablus was amazingly stable for the amount consumed - truly one of the great epic drinkers of our time! He drinks like his left lung has been removed and replaced with a gland that breaks down alcohol at a rate 3x greater than us mere mortals!

P

The Mai Kai is overwhelming.

Once again, Kern and Co. provided us with a wonderful evening filled with good food and good drink and beautiful gir... um... people.

The new show is fantastic.

cybertiki, your smiling wife and yourself were excellent company and I look forward to seeing you both again.

The cybertiki hula dance on stage... Kahuna has some shots. Hilarious.

BK, the sign you made for the Mai Kai was obviously the work of a man in love.
Hope your trip back was uneventful - in a good way.

Last call.
I hate those words.

Only 10 months until Hukilau.

On 2003-12-23 11:40, cybertiki wrote:
Actually, Pablus was amazingly stable for the amount consumed - truly one of the great epic drinkers of our time! He drinks like his left lung has been removed and replaced with a gland that breaks down alcohol at a rate 3x greater than us mere mortals!

Oh great! Pablus is going to drink me under the table at the Hawiian Inn get together. I'm weighing in at a buck forty and can't drink like I use to. I'm doomed!

Ahhh...he has experienced the Pablus...(I'm courting Paul to be my 24-7 hype man.... Like my own J-CEE except not quite a midget! Got your white towel, your "G-unit" sneakers, and your cold Krystalle` 'waitin for you, Paul!) I had a wonderful time, Cyber...and it was a pleasure to meet you, Joelle, and Pablus's wife Angie finally.. I have pictures of your performance, too! Kern, well, what can anyone ever say about Kern? The quintessential gentleman and personable host to the world; of style, intrigue, and refinement that George Bernard Shaw himself would be at loss to describe. I could talk story with you for hours, my friend. I only hope that little sign even comes close to being worthy of the place. And Paul, the wine? (That's a bottle of Mai-Kai label 1959 Corton we're taking about, folks). You could taste the ages in that bottle...Sitting there, eating Peking Duck cooked in a 500-year-old Mongolian oven, sipping incredible vintage wine and Black Magics, watching one of the top Polynesian shows on the mainland, and enjoying the company of great people...that's what life's all about.

[ Edited by: Basement Kahuna on 2003-12-23 23:40 ]

BTW....Both of the lovely ace wahine gift shop managers and Kern had told us that they take a peek around here at Tiki Central from time to time to see what's happening. If you're listening and you have a few minutes, mavens of Mai Kai, grab a username and pop in and say hi...You're members here by divine birthright. And Hazel-Didn't mean to talk your ears off!

On 2003-12-23 22:45, Basement Kahuna wrote:
Ahhh...he has experienced the Pablus...(I'm courting Paul to be my 24-7 hype man.... Like my own J-CEE except not quite a midget! Got your white towel, your "G-unit" sneakers, and your cold Krystalle` 'waitin for you, Paul!) I had a wonderful time, Cyber...and it was a pleasure to meet you, Joelle, and Pablus's wife Angie finally.. I have pictures of your performance, too! Kern, well, what can anyone ever say about Kern? The quintessential gentleman and personable host to the world; of style, intrigue, and refinement that George Bernard Shaw himself would be at loss to describe. I could talk story with you for hours, my friend. I only hope that little sign even comes close to being worthy of the place. And Paul, the wine? (That's a bottle of Mai-Kai label 1959 Corton we're taking about, folks). You could taste the ages in that bottle...Sitting there, eating Peking Duck cooked in a 500-year-old Mongolian oven, sipping incredible vintage wine and Black Magics, watching one of the top Polynesian shows on the mainland, and enjoying the company of great people...that's what life's all about.

[ Edited by: Basement Kahuna on 2003-12-23 23:40 ]

You suck!

Tee he he...

Pages: 1 8 replies