Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Guitar Players - Check this!

Pages: 1 20 replies

OK, not tiki, but if you play Hawaiian, I think it qualifies.

I've got a Quadraverb GT and A Yamaha Reverb unit mounted in a 2 slot rack case. I'll let go of the whole gig for $200 to a TC member. I guarantee this is well over $700 retail.

If interested, PM me.

P

As a studio owner and a gear afficianado - let me just say. SOLD!

PM, my ample ass. Send the address to [email protected] and get the check.

Pablus,

Cool. I emailed you with specifics. Opps, forgot my address, will send another email.

Bong, Sellin' off your guitar gear? Is the lapsteel taking over as the prefered interest? If you start selling off surfboards let me know :)
Did I read somthing awhile back that the Smokin Menehunes are going to be recording some tunes?

Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2003-12-25 16:37 ]

Surfboards, uh yeah Chong, Bong said he would sell me a 9 footer. with a tiki on it and I was ready to buy it, but then he says he took it out on a big day and broke it in half. Bong's pants are on fire and his nose is longer then a telephone wire.

Alright....where are all the Ventures Moserites? The Saturns? The Danelectro Longhorns?

On 2003-12-25 12:34, jungletrader wrote:
Surfboards, uh yeah Chong, Bong said he would sell me a 9 footer. with a tiki on it and I was ready to buy it, but then he says he took it out on a big day and broke it in half. Bong's pants are on fire and his nose is longer then a telephone wire.

Last I recall JT, you backed out on buying your son the board, saying something about maybe in a few months... I said that once about IBM stock.

Chongolio, got the master CD back from the studio dude last Thursday, Wheresmo Derinc said we could have the CD release party at The Purple Orchid as soon as we get the copies done. Will keep you all posted.

The steel guitar has taken me over. But I still have my Fender Strat, Gibson ES 135, Gretch Silver Jet, Takamini 360, Rickenbacker 4001 bass, National resonator, Danelectro Baritone, Martin Backpacker, to name a few...

Just razzin' ya Bong. If I didn't live 6 hours away, the board woulda been hangin' in my room. Besides I was ready to buy it that day I called but the timing was off. You were committed to your work. No problem, lotsa boards out there. Just curious how big the wave was that you broke a 9 footer on? Were you surfin' the Wedge? :o

Actually, the board snapped coming in to shore. As I was trying to make my way in against massive amount of water going back out, a 4 foot shore break came in and the nose of the board was touching the sand, I was holding the back, and the wave broke right on it.

Remember, I still have a nice 9' Rockin Fig for sale.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is a 9' Rockin' fig?

The guitarsenal: Rickenbacker 360 in "fireglo", Gibson Les Paul Standard in cherryburst with Seymour Duncans under the stock covers (this thing is hotter than a steamroom orgy at the Bunny Ranch!), and my workhorses, two U.S. Fender Telecasters in tobacco sunburst (Texas Specials) and sparkle surf blue. I haven't been playing much at all lately, though. Much more interested in carving lately.

Chongolio, got the master CD back from the studio dude last Thursday, Wheresmo Derinc said we could have the CD release party at The Purple Orchid as soon as we get the copies done. Will keep you all posted.

Very cool, I can't wait to see and hearr what you guys come up with. Hey Lucky, did you handle the art/graphics for the case?

The steel guitar has taken me over. But I still have my Fender Strat, Gibson ES 135, Gretch Silver Jet, Takamini 360, Rickenbacker 4001 bass, National resonator, Danelectro Baritone, Martin Backpacker, to name a few...

Alright, still keeping good company I see. Glad to hear the 'ol guit fiddle still retains a place in your creative arsenal.

Were you surfin' the Wedge? :o

JT, Bong might be a bit nutz but surfing the wedge on a longboard would make him certfiable. If he broke that board at the Wedge I would think he would be having a hard time typing, surfin or playing music in a straightjacket. :wink:

Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2003-12-26 17:46 ]

Chongo, yeah, I'm working on the CD art pretty much as we speak. We've got big plans with the release of this disk. From what Bong told me, the recording came out sounding pretty good.

Bong, next time you start throwing gear away for next to nothing, you wanna let me know first? When you decide that you are too hardcore of a steel player to own a Gretsch or the baritone, gimme a call.

Bong, next time you start throwing gear away for next to nothing, you wanna let me know first? When you decide that you are too hardcore of a steel player to own a Gretsch or the baritone, gimme a call.

Sounds like it's the beginning of the end for Mini-Hoonies. Ha! Just messin wit ya! Can't wait for the cd!(and when you's get all famous, I'll say you played in our shack for the crawl 3 pu-pu par-tay!

My 8 year old Jack got a Squire Strat/combo from his uncle for x-mas. Now if I can just pry him away from the new X-box. Is there a "learn how to play the gee-tar" X-Box game???

JT- Rockin Fig is an HB Local, board master, surf shop owner, radio surf forcaster for Kroq, the "Big Contest" MC, so on and so on, etc, dude. He does commercials for David Wilson's Toyota of Orange whom I just did a job for at his pad named "Rock Ledge" down in Laguna Beach. Most insane pad I've seen yet. And, Ive seen a lot of insane pads. I'll go on later about this later. Now, back to the gee-tars!

Chong,
"Bong is a braddah
I have to admit
glad to know cuz
he's so fulla chit

If you don't know da' Bong
Take da' time to
cuz' if you don't meet him now
wen gonna you foo"

He's a surf-cat-crazed braddah
tiki gone mad
so get on da' stick bra
and hoist one wit ohana

Jus cut thru da' crap
and get on wit da' sho
cuz Bong gonna kick you
wit jus' a love tap"

There's more to that around here somewhere. I also know the Wedge. Been there, done that. Now back to geetarz and your regularly scheduled programing.

Ben, now I remember who Rockin' Fig is. He's been around for a long time. KROQ.

"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space." Lou Whitaker

[ Edited by: jungletrader on 2003-12-27 22:28 ]

[ Edited by: jungletrader on 2003-12-27 22:35 ]

Ben, is he renting at Rock Ledge? One of my good friend's dads owns and lives at Rock Ledge. Huge cliff side estate- Private gated entrance- Spanish styled. South Laguna. Let me know if we are talking about the same place.

Lucky-

It's the Newer Rock Ledge next to the older Rock Ledge. The one that's all Teak on the exterior all mohogany on the interior and has the observatory master bedroom that's 90 feet over the ocean. I did his "spa room" which is twice the size of my store under the tennis court off of PCH. I'm sure when it's completed, you'll see it in the upscale design mags.

Just curious, but how does Rockin' Fig afford what must be worth like $30 million in ocean front property in Laguna? ...and afford to employ the decor talents of Bamboo Ben!

I know he's got his surf shop and is kind of a local legend but that can't pay that much. It's not like Rockin' Fig's is a serious retail behemoth like Jack's or HSS.

Lucky,

Are You Drunk???

David Wilson, not Fig!!!! (But I did hear through the grapevine that Fig bought a nice spread in HB and built a tiki hut to chill in.)

yes. I'm drunk.

Quit buggin me and get your kids off the X-box. If you need some incentive for them, tell 'em nobody ever got groupies from playing the X-box.

On 2003-12-25 14:32, Basement Kahuna wrote:
Alright....where are all the Ventures Moserites? The Saturns? The Danelectro Longhorns?

Basement Kahuna, you mean Hopf Saturn 63s? I have only ever seen one in real life… And I’m in germany!
I would like one, too. The Schaller electronics on them I like! Einstürzende Neubauten used to have one…

I don't have a Ventures Mosrite (the recent high-end copies from japan are reportedly very good) but a dark cherry red Combo with matching headstock. The Wilson Brothers Ventures guitars have a good reputation recently. Longhorn Danos were among the many re-issues Danelctro made a while back.

KK

[ Edited by: Kawentzmann on 2004-06-10 12:22 ]

[ Edited by: Kawentzmann on 2004-06-10 12:27 ]

Pages: 1 20 replies