Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Whaddya bring me?

Pages: 1 7 replies

My sister will be changing planes in Honolulu on her trip back from Australia at the beginning of January. She won't have time to leave the airport -- is there anything she can buy at the airport (tiki- or booze-wise) that I might like?

K
Kono posted on Fri, Dec 26, 2003 8:46 AM

There's a little Hawaiian themed gift shop in the airport with a lot of new trinkets. I think they had some resin tikis and maybe a few tiki mugs. Maybe even some small wood tikis but I'm not sure about that. Just a basic Hawaiiana shop like Hilo Hattie's. I don't remember if there's a duty free shop. Honolulu's airport is actually a little on the small side.

There are several gift shops in the terminal. They all have the usual items. You can get the resin tikis and the reproduction prints of hawaiian menu covers, travel posters, etc.
Aloha,
:tiki:

G
GECKO posted on Sat, Dec 27, 2003 4:08 AM

I never shop at da airport when I leave da islands for souvenirs so I woudn't know about that. I do buy fresh leis for who eva is picking me up at da airport on da mainland. That way they can atleast smell da islands!

Tell her to get you a lei along with wat eva else she gon buy ya. you can put it in da fridge and let it last for a while.

alohaz

S
SES posted on Sat, Dec 27, 2003 1:35 PM

They let you on the plane with a lei after screening your luggage for plants?
Strange! I wasn't paying much attention on that whan I was there in August.

I noticed that the prices were same or less in the airport gift shops as in town for the same item. They even had a little notice saying so to encourage purchases. If I had known that ahead of time I would have done all the shopping at the airport instead of lugging it all over.

G
GECKO posted on Sat, Dec 27, 2003 2:06 PM

SES,

They screen your luggage for plants at the agriculture section yes. I'm talking about the leis they sell after you go threw the security section to go onto your gates where all the souvenier shops are. I've lived here for some time now brah. Been doing this for a long time already. I wouldn't tell him to tell his sister to bring him a lei if she was going to get in trouble ya.

Mahaloz

S
SES posted on Sat, Dec 27, 2003 8:30 PM

Ahh okay I don't remember seeing any after the checkpoint but I was juggling way too much at the time to notice.

D

I remember seeing Pineapples packed in boxes ready for shipping at the airport. Sweetest pineapples on the planet! YUM!

Pages: 1 7 replies