Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

"BeAtsViLle" out in the stores!

Pages: 1 7 replies

Though not really Tiki, this announcement belongs on the main board so all here can enjoy this (and there are a few Tikis in the Nouveaux Beatnik paintings, and a Witco carving):
Finally got a copy of Martin McIntosh's new book "BEATSVILLE"! What eye candy! This is the BOT of Beatnick pop culture. Lots of crazy stuff I have never seen before. Go to your next hipster store and get one, or see it at http://www.beatsvillepad.com

S
SES posted on Wed, Jan 7, 2004 6:22 PM

Great! Been waiting for the debut!
thanks!

I've been excited for this ever since I saw Munktiki's very strange mug for the book. Anyone know when the book will be available in the U.S.?

Anyone know when the book will be available in the U.S.?

George, it is. That's why the header says "out in the stores" and I wrote "go to your next hipster store and get one". I am in LA.

gonna go look for it this wekend....

BigBro,

Speaking of Beatsville, when is the Witco book coming out? I don't know how long that "coming soon" space has been on Outre's site.

The book is great! Received my copy a couple of weeks ago, lots of cool stuff in it...

T

I saw it at Quimby's Book Store last night.

Truly a feast for the eyes.

I remember thinking, while flipping through it, that it was alsot like McIntosh's reply to his own "Taboo: The Art of Tiki", following the Tiki craze with the Baetnik craze. I also noted that since there are only 60 pages worth if vintage Beatnik and Beat memoribilia (the rest, a little over half, is soopa-grrovy neo-Beat art by all of our faves), that someone should truly do a "Book of Tiki"-scope Beat/nik book.

I wonder who will step up to the plate on this one?

I'm busy with Big Stone Head...

Pages: 1 7 replies