Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Making a puffer fish lamp

Pages: 1 2 53 replies

So I picked up this puffer the other day about 16" in length, found this thread and.... well.....

My kidz feel a little sorry for da bugga though...

N

Has anyone ever made or seen this table top variety (This is the only picture I've seen I hope it exists outside the animation world.)? It would look nice on top of a bar with a duel switch for the main lamp and the pufferfish. Any pictures or was it available from OA?

Thank you to TikiTres for the step-by-step instructions on how to do this. I was able to take a parrot fish I had recently purchased and make him into a lamp. I did have slight modifications on the process, as there was a pre-cut hole in the top, so I had to use a larger rubber piece instead of the washer suggested.

Here are a couple of shots of the finished lamp:

Thanks again for the tips and help!

PTD

Looking good you Ichthyologists!!!

I have an empty puffer PTD...he isn't very big but he would make a nice blue light special. :)

On 2011-01-14 20:39, VampiressRN wrote:
Looking good you Ichthyologists!!!

I have an empty puffer PTD...he isn't very big but he would make a nice blue light special. :)

I have extra parts for another lamp, the exception being the lamp cord and swag chain, so when I see you next time, bring you fish and I will make it into a lamp.

PTD

TT

Finally put in a squeeze prong light in my fish last night. Looks great, but there will always be a certain amount of blood sacrificed in it's creation.

Pages: 1 2 53 replies