Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

1.13.03-One Full Year of Fying the Tiki Freak Flag

Pages: 1 2 replies

D

Aloha!

Today marks my first year of belonging to Tiki Central! And hey, look at that! It's also my 200th post. Yowza!

I gotta say this is the only message board that I've actually kept up with ever. Before this I very rarely participated in any discussions on the web. It's a great to have this kind of forum where so many people share your perspective on a very cool subject. It's rare I must say, being that my dedication to Tiki-ness has my friends and family scratching their heads.

This all started a year ago when I got back from one of my visits to Ft. Lauderdale and the Mai Kai. Even though I was a fan of tiki, I never sought anything out on the web until then. It must of had something to do with the cold weather that was happening last January just like it is right now. Probably colder here in Gotham this year. I think it also had something to do with visiting Waikiki Wally's around the same time(which wasn't that great) that had me longing for the real-deal aspects of Tiki. It really is great American pop-culture history.

Anyway, thanks to Hanford for creating a great place on the web for people to share their interests. And thanks to all the cool people on Tiki Central that make this place the best party on the web.

Mahalo and cheers! :drink:

[ Edited by: donhonyc on 2004-01-13 15:54 ]

Congrats! If you're interested (& still in the NYC area), there are multiple opportunities to celebrate w/ some of us next week:

https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=6500&forum=4&29

S
SES posted on Mon, Jan 26, 2004 1:02 PM

Congrats! How did the New York meeting go?

Pages: 1 2 replies