Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tommy Bahama mugs

Pages: 1 2 61 replies

I found these nice new mugs at Tommy Bahama around Christmas.... very well done, the detailed flowers on the dresses are hand painted, not screened. The sales lady told me they plan to issue a new design each year. At $16 each, they're a pretty good buy for the quality, and considering the store they came from!

H

Yes! Someone finally created a wahine mug with an attractive wahine! Those are really beautiful, and I'm surprised Tommy Bahama's is selling them for a relatively reasonable price.

i have never bought anything from there, but those mugs definitely peak my interest. where is this store located?

I bought a few of these mugs at the Tommy Bahama's in Las Vegas back in Winter of 2002. They are a little different from the ones pictured so I take it, the sales lady was right about the new annual designs. I've never seen that blue one before.

On 2004-01-15 15:21, Traderpup wrote:
I found these nice new mugs at Tommy Bahama around Christmas

Hey TraderPup,

Isn't that the brickwork around your pool area. I remember it well after a few of those kick-ass Trader Vic's Grogs you made us at your last gig...

I

I bought those two while on a trip to Denver last year.

One is called 'Kimono Lady' and dated 2002
The other is 'Tropical Nostalgia' and dated 2003

I visited a local Tommy Bahama just before Christmas, and there was no 2004 model released yet.

Vern

[edited to remove double post -martiki]

[ Edited by: martiki on 2004-01-19 16:44 ]

8T

These are beautiful! I have already done a store search for a T.B. retail store in my area. Gotta check that out!

I went to the Tommy Bahama store at the Moana when I was in Hawaii in Nov. looking for the mugs. The sales people there had no Idea what I was talking about... Can the purchased through the mail?
Aloha
:tiki:

H

The TB store staff may not recognize them as mugs, you may have to ask for them as vases or something.

8T

Just picked up one of these beautiful mugs from the Tommy Bahamas on the Country Club Plaza in K.C. Preferred the one on the left and passed on the more Asian looking one.

I have both of the mugs myself. I haven't seen a 2004 model yet. If I do, I will keep y'all posted...

Lady V got me the yellow one on the right for xmas. We also had picked up a great Mojito 4 glass set for my dad. A good thick glass with a cigar band screened around the bottom with Mojito on it. He almost didn't get it for xmas.

Tikitanked:

Tommy Bahamas in LA is located at the Grove @ Farmer's Market - Third & Fairfax (although I wouldn't be suprised if more have popped up in Pasadena or SaMO).

If you haven't been to the Grove, I recommend it, particularly when the weather's warm as it has a very nice outdoor environment, with knock-off Bellagio fountains and S.F. trolleys. But dine in Farmer's Market, cost effective and equally charming.

Nice meeting you on Saturday.

They have the mugs at the Paseo mall in Pasadena.

So I contacted Tommy Bahama's and they said I should call one of their flagship stores, which I did and they haven't seen a 2004 mug/tumbler/or the like yet.

I have a conference at Santana Row next week and there is a Tommy Bahama's right near the hotel we will be at where I bought the previous two mugs. I will stop by and ask in person about a 2004 mug.

I will keep y'all posted...

So, as promised, I stopped by Tommy Bahama's on Santana Row and inquired about the 2004 tiki mug.

The woman behind the counter said she just got back from a corporate meeting where they showed off the new mug and she went so far to speculate that it should be available within the next two months.

Did you all notice this auction that just completed yesterday for a set of the 2 Tommy Bahama mugs?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3272792337&category=35713

I thought these were very nice and wanted to get a set but was feeling too lazy to brave Michigan Ave in downtown Chicago to go to the Tommy Bahama store. So I thought about bidding on this auction thinking $30 to $35 would win it. :o Wow, was I wrong! Am I missing something? I know that people often bid more than something is worth on ebay, and sometimes bid a lot more, but this is wild. Man, dan must really love tikis or anything tiki like. As soon as I saw what the auction ended at, I called the TB store in Chicago and ordered 2 of each. I don't intend to go looking for suckers on ebay with them. I just wanted to make sure I could get a couple of each of them before they really do become scarce.

When I bought by mugs, they did not come with the boxes - the clerk just wrapped them in lots of tissue/wrapping paper.

Maybe it is the boxes that are collectible - perhaps adding $30 or so to the total price? More likely is that danlovestiki just didn't live near any Tommy Bahama store.

I wonder if many of the other vintage mugs ever came with their own decorated box.

I think that the Hawaii Kai in New York sold their mugs in a box with a picture on the front.
Aloha,
:tiki:

The 2004 TB mug is in, and very beautiful.

Their website isn't very helpful. Anybody have a picture of the '04 mug yet?

BB

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3934060687

Picture available here (Ebay Listing).

I

Here are some more pictures of the Tommy Bahama 2004 mug -- this one is so beautiful, with a fantastic 3-D bas-relief effect, and even the painted clouds look neat.

I'm not sure of how limited these are .... the store near me still has the 2002 and 2003 model available.

Vern

Aloha Vern
How much are the mugs going for?
Thanks...

I

The Tommy Bahama mugs were priced at $16 each. This was at the Tommy Bahama store in the Tysons II mall in Northern Virginia.

Vern

Very impressive! Thanks for the pics!

o.k, im a sucker for a good wahine mug, so where is this tommy bahamas on michigan ave. in chicago??....got an address,telephone number,hours,or website???.....ill be up in the city next weekend....what do they go for in the stores???

[i]On 2004-01-15 16:00, ikitnrev wrote:

One is called 'Kimono Lady' and dated 2002
The other is 'Tropical Nostalgia' and dated 2003

TB is spicing up the title with the name "Vacation Vixen," reducing by 50% the amount of clothing, placing one hand in the hair and placing her in a "come hither" pose.

Suffice it to say, it is my favorite so far.

(I wonder if the title "Vacation Vixen" is another Thailand reference.)

[ Edited by: christiki295 on 2004-10-07 19:03 ]

Just returned from Palm Desert and the TB store on El Paseo has all three years 2002, 2003, 2004 in stock. By looking at the ebay auction above, I should have bought a BUNCH!

$16.00 and very clean looking. Most all I saw had boxes too...

The TB in the Grove also has all three editions.

The summer 2005 edition is now out!

Anyone know what it's called and where to mail order from?

Those mugs are so beautiful. The closest thing I have to a Tommy Bahamas is a British Importers that sells only the shirts. Their most recent window display featured about 10 5' carved foam moai, cool!

RB

For anyone in the Portland area, the new Tommy Bahama store at Bridgeport Village has all three mugs. $12 each.

Here is a photo of the new 2005 mug, titled 'Just Duet' The other side has an identical image, but the hula girl has more of a smile.

Vern

T

I just picked up all four years they had in stock: 2002,2003,2004,2005. I got them for $12 each at Tommy Bahama store in Palm Desert CA. They did have more in stock.

R
rupe33 posted on Tue, Aug 9, 2005 7:10 PM

The Tysons Corner, VA, store has all 4 mugs in stock as of August 9. Also of note, some music CDs which I've posted more on here:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=16002&forum=11&start=last&0

cheers,
Rupe

If you want it real bad there's one on eBay - kinda pricey - Not my auction.
http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-TOMMY-BAHAMA-COLLECTIBLE-TIKI-MUG-lk-SHAG_W0QQitemZ7706030638QQcategoryZ29460QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Also I have a couple (new in box) of the red girl Tommy B. tiki mugs if anyone wants to trade. I think they are 2003 year but I could be wrong. (I don't have them near me know to check the year.
post here or PM me.

I'm lucky enough to have all four "tumblers" as TB calls them. If you ask about a "mug" you may get a coffee cup! not quite the same thing!!
I bought the first three on trips to Hawaii(Maui actually in whalers village) and just had the fourth sent. I called the Whalers Village store, since that was the only TB store I'ld seen or been in, and they sent me the 2005 'TUMBLER'. The store bought tumblers came in the box, the packaged tumbler was bubble-wrapped.
They are all wonderful additions to my collection. I see them go for over $45 on Ebay occasionally, i know I could make some easy money by buying extras and selling them, but I'ld rather not. Aloha

[ Edited by: tikitwosome 2005-08-11 21:27 ]

The Tommy Bahama Mugs are great! The design is very well done (as with all of T.B. products!) The girls all look hot! If you hold one of these beauties in your hand you can almost drift off to a South Sea Island and have your own mini vacation (even if it is only in your head!)
Until you've held one in your hand, you can't completely appreciate them!!!! My fav is the "Vacation Vixen" 2004!
By the way...I have two of each year....
SoccerTiki

On 2005-07-27 08:04, Dancin' Lizard wrote:
Anyone know what it's called and where to mail order from?

Here is a list of the Tommy Bahama stores in WA.

http://tommybahama.com/index.jsp

I presume you also can order off their website.

[ Edited by: christiki295 2005-08-22 19:13 ]

On 2005-07-27 10:19, Tikiwahine wrote:
Those mugs are so beautiful. The closest thing I have to a Tommy Bahamas is a British Importers that sells only the shirts. Their most recent window display featured about 10 5' carved foam moai, cool!

Excellent Tiki sighting. I wish they would make a standard for their island lifestyle theme.

I had to go all the way to Orlando to find the '05 Mug/Tumbler!! But now, I have the whole set!!

The Tommy Bahama at the Mall at Mellinia (sp?) has plenty of all 4 years.

I picked up the 2003, 2004, and 2005 TB mugs last night at the Tommy Bahama store at the Biltmore Fashion Park Mall on 24th and Camelback in Phoenix. Cool mugs at only $12.00 each. I will scout for the 2002 mug at the TB store at Keirland Mall in Scottsdale later this week.
Note: When I asked the TB clerk where the TB mugs were located they had no idea what I was referring about. Ask for Tommy Bahama TUMBLERS.

On 2005-09-12 09:34, Rum Numb Davey wrote:
I picked up the 2003, 2004, and 2005 TB mugs last night at the Tommy Bahama store at the Biltmore Fashion Park Mall on 24th and Camelback in Phoenix. . . .
Note: When I asked the TB clerk where the TB mugs were located they had no idea what I was referring about. Ask for Tommy Bahama TUMBLERS.

That is very odd. The LA TB store features other tiki mugs as part of their decor.

The 2006 tumbler is now available at the Tommy Bahama stores. I picked one up at the store in Scottsdale, AZ, last weekend. Another fine looking mug / tumbler. This one has a hula girl riding a marlin. Great colors and details. Well worth the price of $16.00. Now I have the entire set dated since 2002.

• Myke

[ Edited by: Bamboo Bob 2006-12-12 09:41 ]

I found one of the '06 tumblers at Island Charters at Downtown Disney in California. As of today they have 9 on the shelf and they do ship. 714.635.9499 if you want to call to get one.

Pages: 1 2 61 replies