Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

`Ona Tiki Update 3/13/04 black Coltrane mugs sold out

Pages: 1 2 48 replies

UPDATE 1/30/04
Hello,
This post is to update you about `Ona Tiki, and will be used to update you with information in the future.
Thank you to the Tiki Central members who have inquired about our company. We regret that it has taken this long to update you and to release our mugs. To make a long story short, Evil Mastermind and I lost our space and for now can no longer produce ceramics. This means that we were halted midway into our production and were unable to produce many peices. Some of the designs never came to fruition. It is unclear when and if we will get another space. we have been unable to release what we managed to fire because of the slow beauracratic process of starting a business. This is also why we have pushed our launch party at Tiki Ti back, but the hope is that this will happen in the next couple of months.
The past few months have been difficult for us; it is one thing that we can not sell what we have made, its another thing that we can not continue making ceramics. The designs are backing up with no way to give them form; frustrating.

For any newer members interested in veiwing prototypes of our mugs, you can do a TC search on Ona Tiki or visit our website by clicking the homepage button at the bottom of this post. We hope to put out our wares soon, and will update on Tiki Central and the Ona Tiki website as we have information.
Thank you,
TT
p.s. Mike and Mike Jr. have a custom Zombie, from our test fire, behind the bar. Check it out if you are interested in seeing one up close. Mike jr. wanted a black Coltrane; but that one went on his mantel at home instead of behind the bar.

[ Edited by: tikitanked on 2004-03-13 10:12 ]

D

I have seen the Zombie mug behind the bar at the Tiki Ti! It truly is a monster! It's HUGE! I hope you can get the glitches worked out soon. Good luck.

Dawntiki,
Thank you, we hope we will be able to continue making ceramics, its such a wonderful artform.

T

You'll be back on track in no time, with the love you put into those first designs, you'll pull thru this lull! I've also heard how helpfull you've been to others TCers on molds and stuff! What goes around comes around, the mana's headed your way!

S
SES posted on Wed, Jan 28, 2004 3:22 AM

Hope you get a nice studio soon!

Tikitony and Susane,
Thanks for the kind words. Not to sound too cheesy, but it was a dream come true that everything had fallen in place to make these mugs. It may be quite some time before we get it rolling again, but once the ceramics bug, like the tiki bug, gets in your blood, you have no other choice than to proceed as you can.
thanks

UPDATE 2/1/04

Hey, finally getting the show on the road.

On Saturday, February 7th, at 6pm Pacific time, we will be able to take orders for our Coltrane Mug. We are releasing it on Tiki Central first, and depending if there are any left, we will release them on the Ona Tiki website February 21st. The black edition of Coltrane, chosen to be our flagship website mug, features a 16+ fluid oz. capacity, finish work that makes every mug unique, and an edition card with the recipe for Coltrane mug's signature drink, the Hawaiian Ginger Twist. Coltrane is available to Tiki Central members at the set price of $25.00. These mugs will sell for $30.00 when we release them on our site. Sales tax, shipping, and handling fees will be determined by the buyer's location. A different version of Coltrane, which will be accompanied by matching accoutrements, will be available later on Ebay. Those of you who have kept up with our company know that our mugs were slated to be released much earlier and that we have lost our studio. As such is the case, this may be the end of our ceramics line for some time. We managed to produce only 41 of the black Coltrane; 36 of which will be released for sale. We will be able to take orders for Coltrane at 6pm pacific time on February 7th. Please, 1 per customer only. After 6pm on the 7th orders will be processed in the order they are received. We will do our best to send confirmation emails out as soon as we can. Tiki Central will be updated on this thread when and if we sell all of Coltrane mugs. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at [email protected]. Thank you, Ona Tiki

[ Edited by: tikitanked on 2004-02-02 02:46 ]

TB

Very cool mug, cant wait till saturday, this would be a great bday present to my self.

O

Thank you Tiki Bird; i forgot that you mentioned you really like black tiki mugs. This one is definitely nicer in person, the shiny black glaze in photos has a tendency of washing out the detail. If anyone is interested, there is a photo on one of our previous updates that displays the detail of the mug better.
https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic-new.php?topic=5770&forum=5&vpost=54181
Thanks again for looking.

Aloha kaua

[ Edited by: tikitanked on 2004-02-02 19:08 ]

M

Great mug, hope you get some space soon so you can keep those cool mugs coming

How exactly do we order one of these mugs? :sheckymug:

Hello,
Thanks McDougall for the encouragement.
Atomicchick, we will post information on how to order Coltrane on either Friday night, Feb. the 6, or Saturday morning Feb. the 7th. Evil Mastermind and I are trying to make the ordering process as easy as possible for you and for us.
Thank you again for your interest.
Tikitanked

TB

Hey Tikitanked, im goin 2 be out of town this weekend, can u save one for me?

Almost certainly a dumb question: Where do we go to order that day?

Hey everybody,
We will have the "how to" for ordering posted as soon as possible, most likely this evening. Stay tuned, and thank you so much for the interest.
We are really excited to be able to bring these guys to you all.

Cheers!

Miles

O

Hey everybody,
This post is to inform you how to order Coltrane.
Starting at 6:00 PM Pacific time on Saturday February 7th, you can email us at [email protected] to order. 1 Coltrane per Tiki Central member only please. In the subject line of the email, type your Tiki Central username and the words "order Coltrane." Please include your mailing address in the body of the message so that we can process the price with shipping and handling.
Once we figure out the total cost we will send a confirmation email to you with the total and instructions for payment. You will know that we can fill your order if you receive a confimation email from us. As a reminder, we will accept payment by credit card or bank transfer via paypal, or you can send a money order or personal check to the address that we provide in the confirmation email.
In the case that the mugs sell out we will try to update Tiki Central as quick as possible.
Thank you again for your interest. Hopefully we will be able to make the ordering process as smooth as possible.
Tikitanked and Evil Mastermind

By the way, these mugs will be shipped via UPS ground, unless otherwise specified. I have years of experience wrapping tiki mugs, so that plus the insurance should guarantee a happy delivery.

G
GECKO posted on Fri, Feb 6, 2004 10:26 PM

good job braddahz! I like'em! Don't miss out on this mug collectors.

G

O

Thanks GECKO, glad you dig

O

its 6pm, `Ona Tiki is open for orders!

Just put in my email. Can't wait to get one of these!!

Thank you to everyone that have contacted us and to those who have purchased a Coltrane.
I received an email asking if there are any still available, the answer is yes, we still have a few. If you want information on how to order, please go to the top of this page.
If and when we sell all of the Coltrane mugs i will update Tiki Central to let all of you know.
Thanks again,
`Ona Tiki

[ Edited by: tikitanked on 2004-02-08 11:25 ]

[ Edited by: tikitanked on 2004-02-08 11:53 ]

The first six buyers have had their mugs shipped, and should see them (hopefully in perfect shape) within a few days.

Hot Damn! Got my Coltrane mug yesterday and he's a beauty. Lucky for me, my fast reflexes got me mug number 1/42. Thanks Cass -- can't wait for the other stuff to come out!

H

I got to see a Coltrane in tikitanked's hand last night, and on top of being a really lovely mug, its' design is ingeniously hand-friendly. Hopefully, this will be the rare mug that Polynesian Pop doesn't break!

Polynesian Pop,
Glad you like the mug, and Evil Mastermind and I thank you for the responce. It is nice that after all this time we finally get them out and into your homes. PP, I hope it serves up some times for you.
Humu,
Thank you for the nice right up, that was the first time i used the black Coltrane mug at Tiki Ti. Worked wonderfully, for as many Ray's Mistakes as i had, the mouth was loose and sloppy but not the grip on the mug. The mug kind of anchored itself in my hand let me go on shore leave.
Mike Jr. had already gotten one, and last night one went to Mike Sr. I was flattered by his comments on the design.
That was fun last night.
Thanks again

[ Edited by: tikitanked on 2004-02-12 17:14 ]

Update 2/12/04
Thank you everyone for your oders, interest, and comments. This update is to insure that everyone who has tried to order one is getting a responce. I was contacted by two Tiki Central members who said they did not receive their confirmation emails. We were experiencing some difficulties with the email address [email protected], which have now been fixed (i hope). If you ordered and did not get a confirmation email with instructions, please contact us at the email address above and let us know.
As of 4pm today, we have 7 black Coltrane mugs left.
Thank you again everyone for making our first release a success.
TT

On 2004-02-12 17:09, tikitanked wrote:
As of 4pm today, we have 7 black Coltrane mugs left.

I'm sure glad I got my order in before all the purple ones were gone!...just kidding. My cyberglitch has been cleared up. Eagerly awaiting splashdown. Mission control is on high alert.

Got mine today, a sweet mug. The ergodinamics(sp) are excellant and design is unique and desirable. Hope you are able to keep it up. You have any leftover (I doubt it) stuff after that show ( million miles away) would love one. Good stuff, make more.

Mcdougall,
Glad to hear that your Coltrane arrived safely. Thank you for the compliments.
As far as the shindig, we just got a call from Mike (from Tiki Ti)to tell us that do to some major plumbing problems they will be closed this Wednesday. We hope they get everything fixed and that we can have a party the following Wednesday.
Thanks again,
TT

T

Got mine today. My T Fine! Good job. Make more mugs!

It's great to hear that the mugs are arriving safely. Another big batch of them have shipped out this week.

Thanks everybody, for the kind words.

TB

Got Coltrane 2night, its a beauty!

Hey Tiki Bird,
Glad your mug showed up safely. Let me know what you think of the Hawaiian Ginger Twist.

K

just ordered one mug, can't wait to get it and put on my bar. I am beginning to really like black glazed mugs.

T

Ona' dats one cherry mug brudda!

I'm totally diggin' this mug! If I could echo Turbodog.... make more mugs!

Mahalo!

Hey all,
Thank you again for your support, comments and purchases. We sold out of the black Coltrane mugs; sorry for posting this info so late.
Evil Mastermind and I are working on getting everything set to sell the other mugs. We will post information on our future releases in the next couple of weeks.
Mahalo
`Ona Tiki

J
JTD posted on Sun, Mar 14, 2004 7:06 AM

tikitanked,
Just used Coltrane Friday night for the first time. Excellent fit to the hand. What I really liked was that the condensation on his oversized forehead made it look like he was really working his tail off - which he was.
Also, have a batch of ginger syrup under way. Thanks for the recipe/suggestion.

-JTD

Coltrane... Deliver me from this sobriety that I can no longer tolerate!

Thanks Tikitanked for bringing the Coltrane mug to Bahooka's on Thursday. You helped me save a bundle on shipping.
It was great to meet you, Traderpup and Humuhumu there!
I really like the Coltrane mug too! It feels good and solid in the hand! I feel very lucky to own one of these!

-Slacks

I got me one of these mugs and I must say it is pretty fantastic! I can't wait for more! MORE MUGS, MORE MUGS, MORE MUGS!!!

TB

Congrats on selling out your coltrane mug, cant wait for your next mug design!

Hey folks, hit up the Tiki Events forum for info on our belated launch party next Wednesday (3-31-04)

Hope to see you there!

Cheers,

Miles

Here's a link for the "convenience-oriented"

https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=7624&forum=4&9

So I'm shuffling around my Tiki collection last night, and noticed a favorite that I haven't touched in a while, Coltrane by Ona Tiki.

I was just curious as to what happened to the company. Did they release any more mugs besides Coltrane? Are they still around?

-g-

D

Good question. I met Cass (tikitanked here on TC I think) from Ona Tiki a couple of times--great guy, very down to earth. They did do a few, I think one that was a depiction of the god of rum--yumm!! I have a small amulet from their mug premier party and a mini shot mug. Their Coltrane mug is awsome, I picked up one of those and love it.

O

Hey Liabungalo and Digitiki,
Thanks for your inquiry. I have not checked into TC in a few days, but PurpleJade gave me a heads up on your posts.
Evil Mastermind and I do intend to sell the rest of the mugs we had made. There is the Pohaku a a Ipu (rock lava cup), the Lama Akua (rum god),and the Zombie (Moai), all in very limited quantities. Unfortunately, before losing our studio, we were never able to make more than two of the Hugo that a lot of people have asked about; one of which resides in my home, the other in Evil Mastermind's. We have both been very busy and a bit slack, but intend to get these up for sale soon. These mugs were always intended to be sold on Ebay, due to the difficulty in producing them. We will give a heads up to TCers when we finaly get it together. Though Ona Tiki the company is pretty much gone, you probably have not seen the last of our work.
Thanks,
TT
p.s. Digitiki, it was nice to see you at the party. We gave out around 100 pieces, almost all 1 of a kind, but never got pictures of them all. If you would post a picture of what you got that would be great.

The Coltrane mug is one my favorites as well. It still occupies a prominate place on the shelf.

[ Edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2005-03-12 10:03 ]

Pages: 1 2 48 replies