Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

PER-ORDER NOW! Martin Denny tribute mug *UPDATE*

Pages: 1 2 81 replies

M

I love that tiki so much, I gotta have the mug. Missed this entirely- damn hoities were keeping me from the pc with all of their entertainment options!

Mahalo!

On 2004-01-31 18:15, emspace wrote:
Just got back into town after 4-day trip, and email is away! Got a feeling '04 is gonna be a good year...

:), em.

Ahh, I've just come back from 9 days vacation, so I've REALLY got my fingers crossed!

Trader Woody

On 2004-01-28 21:29, GECKO wrote:
HOWZIIIIT PEOPO!

I had a few peeps ask the question "when do we pay?"

I'm giving Holden the list on the 1st of March and he will be getting in contact with all of you for payment ya.

If you hane any ?'s feel free to ask.

(snip)

Live Aloha

(eager, eager)

GECKO and Holden, wut's da word on this? i apologize if i missed something that was sent out... thanks brahz! j$

Alohaz,
We're well into the production on these schweeet Gecko mugs and they are coming out awesome - big time!! I'm using our online secured cart, merchant account and shipping/fulfillment capabilities to assist the GECK MASTER on this - it's looking like either the last Sat. at 9am in March or the first Sat. at 9am (pst). We'll bill you when we ship and all of the info will be on our online secured page which you fine tc'ers will get a link to before anyone else! The mugs will be $35 (plus sales tax if CA resident) each plus $9.95 shipping/handling/insurance/signature required. If they're going to the islands, Alaska or outside of the continental US, I'll quote you the freight after the sale's over.
Mahaloz,
Holden

G
GECKO posted on Tue, Mar 2, 2004 11:36 PM

ALOHA FREINDS!!!

Due to time, Holden cannot take anymore pre-orders so "da bar is closed" SORRY! I did send braddah Holden da signed tags out today to be put on da mugs. Just keep and eye out for them on da dates that were mentioned by TikiFarm. Thank you so much for all da support from everyone that has purchased my first mug and hopefully not the last......next drum mug "da big puka" due summer. hope you enjoy this one for now!

Here's da tag example. This is signed in black but actually the first 35 mugs were signed in "exotic red"..that's wat da pen said! that was for those die hard early birds and the rest were signed in black. Something that I plan to do with all my mugs. Just a little thanks and I guess you can say "mine is signed in RED nah nah nah nah nah" might not matter to some but I thought it was a good idea. You die hard guys make tiki ONO!

Live Aloha!

M

Holden,

I just wanted to clarify something with you. Do those of us who have pre-ordered with Gecko still need to purchase these on-line when you create the TC'ers link... or, is it already a done deal as far as we have reserved our numbers, it's just a matter of giving you our credit card info.

Mahalo,
MachTiki

On 2004-03-02 23:36, GECKO wrote:
This is signed in black but actually the first 35 mugs were signed in "exotic red"..that's wat da pen said! that was for those die hard early birds and the rest were signed in black. Something that I plan to do with all my mugs.

So, who made the cut for the first 35????

Did I make it?!!!

T

On 2004-03-03 07:29, MachTiki wrote:
Holden,

I just wanted to clarify something with you. Do those of us who have pre-ordered with Gecko still need to purchase these on-line when you create the TC'ers link... or, is it already a done deal as far as we have reserved our numbers, it's just a matter of giving you our credit card info.

Mahalo,
MachTiki

I have the same question. I preordered and I may not be around on the April saturday date. (driving to FL)and I'm sure these are gonna go quick. I don't want to miss it.

Thanks Holden.

Yes please give us the exact details, I have this question as well.

M

It's totally Gecko's call if we go with this color for the Artist's Proof run. We've got 5 production molds set aside to do the A/P runs exclusively. Again, it's up to the Gecko to choose if this is the color or not... if not, we'll find another but man, I had to share this with the Ohana...

All of you who pre-ordered are covered. You don't have to do the online sale! If you want try for a second one in the online sale - it's your call... there are a lot of tiki collectors out there who didn't pre-book.

Mahaloz!
Holden

[ Edited by: smogbreather on 2004-03-03 21:13 ]

M

I've got the same question as well, where's GECKO?

I dig the Blue mug, but Gecko is a carver, and I havn't seen any blue wood around. I imagine he'll go for a more likeness to the original carving (brown), since this is what the mug represents.

On 2004-03-03 21:15, MauiTiki wrote:
I dig the Blue mug, but Gecko is a carver, and I havn't seen any blue wood around.

Hey Maui! Check out my new website. http://www.bambooben.com I Got's tons of blue wood!! Come and get it while it's hot!!!

TD

Holden,

The blue is awesome! If the blue becomes available, sign me up for a blue mug as well as a brown mug. Thanks for sharing!

B

We like the brown color much better. It has more of an old-school vintage look that we like.
-Amy and Duke

On 2004-03-03 21:06, smogbreather wrote:

All of you who pre-ordered are covered. You don't have to do the online sale! If you want try for a second one in the online sale - it's your call... there are a lot of tiki collectors out there who didn't pre-book.

Mahaloz!
Holden

[ Edited by: smogbreather on 2004-03-03 21:13 ]

thanks holden,

so that means we who pre-ordered should get a confirmation email to that effect by a certain date? i think the subtext from some of us is that sometimes email is kind of unreliable and it would be nice to get a confirmation that we're on the "pre-order" list. thanks so much, this new mug is beautiful! :tiki:

M

Holden,

Thanks for getting back to us on this. I agree with Johnny as far as getting some sort of confirmation. We realize that that would be a major hassle, but at least we'd rest assured that we will receive your & Gecko's amazing mug. Let us know if there is anything that we could do to help.

As far as the blue version goes... I am very curious as to what Gecko will say. I love it and I think I speak for most of us when I say that I would propably have to own both versions. Maybe if Gecko's into it, just do a very limited run on the blue.

Mahalo again Holden,
MachTiki

G
GECKO posted on Thu, Mar 4, 2004 8:12 PM

Freinds, Ohana, Collectors... lend me your BEER!!

I told Holden that da Blue with the Mother of Pearl is kinda thick and is taking away from some of da beautiful detail on da mug ya. So, we agreed and now I'm trying to get 5 done in cobalt blue which will be da "Artist's Proof". Signed by me only.

Then 25 "Exotica proof's" that myself and Mr. Denny are signing will be in green. Thats what I'm hoping my man Holden can pull for me. So, thats wat i'm looking at right now.

here's and example of da card going on da "Exotica proofs" these will be much larger than the original cards so they can be displayed beside the mug instead of tied to it. It has a pic of Mr. Denny, myself and Exotica in da middle.

As you see these are going to be very rare mugs and the only reason for that is that's what the Denny's agreed to do with me SOOOOO,
when they're gone they're gone! NO MO!!

Lucky Holden get's to keep da 1 of 1 cobalt blue in a mother of pearl in his secret vault.

PLEASE let's show some aloha and allow some of the non TC collectors a chance at these
mugs instead of buying doubles!! There is a lot of non TC collectors out there that have been asking me about the mugs and I just tell them to please wait for the sell at da farm. That's why we did the pre book threw here first to give da braddahs first hand at the low numbers.

Hopefully that clears the very limited items and glazes up with you. As far as the ordering I have no control over that. You gotta go threw braddah H.

I'm on Vacation/work in Asia in 2 days and won't get to see how these sell but I hope you guys enjoy them! Thank you for your support! My first mug was a blast!

Live Aloha

When do we need to pay for these, Gecko?

G
GECKO posted on Thu, Mar 4, 2004 8:29 PM

I tink Holden had something written on page 4. He's handlin al'dat bro....probubly just befor he ships them?

On 2004-03-04 20:12, GECKO wrote:
PLEASE let's show some aloha and allow some of the non TC collectors a chance at these
mugs instead of buying doubles!! There is a lot of non TC collectors out there that have been asking me about the mugs and I just tell them to please wait for the sell at da farm. That's why we did the pre book threw here first to give da braddahs first hand at the low numbers.

Seems fair to me - we had a good couple of weeks to get in line for the mugs thanks to Gecko & Holden.

As for the color? I'm down with the brown. While the blue version certainly looks pretty nifty, this masterwork of traditional Tiki craftsmanship is best served by the brown glaze.

Trader Woody

What? What?

Did Tikiwahine just pay for Gecko's Martin Denny Tribute mug?

Why yes she did!

Can't wait to fill it full of rum and crank the exotica!

Mahalo Gecko & Holden

Hey,
I sent out an initial email today regarding payment options for the forthcoming Gecko Exotica mug! Everybody, PLEASE read the email thoroughly!
Mahaloz!
Holden

[ Edited by: smogbreather on 2004-03-10 18:46 ]

I havent received the email you speak of holden, should i hold tight for a couple of days?

HL

So where do things stand now? I totally missed this thread when it started...

Since I apparently missed the cutoff date for pre-ordering, when and will they be available to us unwashed masses?

Hey,
We emailed everybody on the list - there were a few emails that got bounced back so I called those people. You should contact Gecko when he gets back as he gave us the list.
Mahaloz!
Holden

M

I'm on vacation in California until the 24th. So I won't be able to get my e-mail about paying until then. I won't be too late will I?

T

I never got an email, but I signed up. Waaah!

On 2004-03-19 06:42, tikifish wrote:

did you contact GECKO? i did so ~ seems a couple emails fell thru the cracks...

(sic semper computeris)

be good, j$

M

I never got the e-mail either, but I have an confirmation e-mail from Gecko that I was added to the list. Whats with that?

M

On 2004-03-24 20:54, MauiTiki wrote:

I never got the e-mail either, but I have an confirmation e-mail from Gecko that I was added to the list. Whats with that?

MauiTiki,

Same thing happened to me and I just contacted Holden. He looked into it right away and let me know that a couple of people were overlooked in his mailing. He sent a confirmation back to me within hours. I'd e-mail Holden today and double check to make sure he has you down. These should be going on sale very soon.

M

Thanks Mach Tiki! just e-mailed him.

My Pleasure Maui!

G
GECKO posted on Fri, Mar 26, 2004 2:59 AM

Aloha peepz!

I have been SOOOOOO busy! I see there is a problem with a few confirmations!!!! thats not good. I get back to da islands on Sunday and will email Holden right when I get back. Please email me if you didn't get your confirmation email. I will then look at da list I emailed to Holden and cross ref. da list. I will also check all emails making sure I got a pre-order email.

I know that there is a few peopo that this happen to so I'll get right on it when I get back to da islands on Sunday.

Sorry again and mahaloz for being patient on this mug!

G

G
GECKO posted on Fri, Mar 26, 2004 3:03 AM

I know Fish and Maui didn't get there email conf. If there is anyone else please email me. Only for the peopo that pre-ordered in time. No new pre-orders please!

ALOHA!!!

Pages: 1 2 81 replies