Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Fundraiser party & donations for AIDS Life Cycle

Pages: 1 15 replies

T

I know this message is long, but please take the time to read it all. :) (Thanks for permission, Hanford!)

Hi Everyone - as you may or may not know, my wife, Gretchen and I are going to ride 585 miles from SF to LA in June, to raise money for the SF AIDS Foundation. "TEAM PINEAPPLE" is on the road to gathering at least $5000 for donations and we need your help. Yes, we're asking for money, yes, we'll be discussing mileage, training and road kill, but there's so much more!

On Saturday, March 20th we will be hosting our FUNDRAISING / SILENT AUCTION LUAU!

If you live in the Bay Area, MARK YOUR CALENDARS! If you've been to one of our parties, you know you won't want to miss this! We'll have insanely delicious tropical drinks concocted by world famous mix-maestros Martiki & Rebecca, live entertainment, amazing grinds, and MANY WONDERFUL DONATED ITEMS TO BID ON IN EXCHANGE FOR YOUR DONATION!!!
More details will follow, but please make a note on your busy spring schedule, Saturday MARCH 20TH!

We will put up a web page with the donated items and if anyone from far away sees something they MUST have, we’ll take bids via email or phone. If there is anyone on this list who would like to donate something for the auction, we’d love it! Art, crafts, baked goods, no worries! Something unique and lovely? We urge everyone to be creative and inspired!

There are several ways to sponsor us:

*You can go to the website below and use a credit card.
*You can download a form to mail a check with to the Foundation. You’ll need to write my rider #1761 on the form, (#1760 for Gretchen, aka Mrs Pineapple).

*OR you can email me back, with your address and I will send you a form, and an envelope that is stamped and ready to go back to the foundation. Please let me know if you’d like me to mail you a form!

If you live in the Bay Area, want to donate, and plan to attend the party on MARCH 20th, wait, and we’ll have lots of pledge forms that night. You never know what you might find to bid on. We already have some GREAT stuff!

OK - back to the other stuff - we’ve been training, and are starting to do a LOT of riding! We’re meeting so many great people and everyone is really excited about the ride, it’s inspiring for both of us. We're determined to not have ANYONE on Team Pineapple enter the emergency room this year.

I realize that there has been no mention of road kill in this update, this week’s ride was fairly tame, a few squirrels, a skunk (phewww!), several possums and a brown cardboard box that just couldn't make it safely across the road.
ALSO we saw a real LIVE zebra and ostrich! What fun to be grinding up a 4%grade in the torrential mist, wondering why in tarnation we signed up for this, and suddenly look up on a hillside to see a zebra! And later, an ostrich! Roaming wild and somewhat free in the East Bay!

That’s all for now – thanks for reading this far!
xoxox
the Pineapples
(Richard & Gretchen)

“If not now, PINEAPPLES, when?”
https://www.aidslifecycle.org/donate/

S
SES posted on Thu, Feb 5, 2004 2:12 PM

How do you donate an item? I don't want to fill out any forms online and give out my email/info/etc. but I would not mind sending something for the auction.

T

Thanks, Susane! If you want to donate money directly, there's 2 ways you can do it without giving out email info or cc#s:

*You can download a form from the ALC site, fill it out and mail it with a check to the Foundation. You just need to write my rider #1761 on the form, (#1760 for Gretchen, aka Mrs Pineapple).

*OR you can email me back with your address and I will send you the same form and a stamped, pre-addressed envelope ready to go directly to the Foundation.

If you have an item you would like to donate for the auction, mail me at [email protected] and we can talk about it.

Also, I meant to add that any items not sold at our auction will be returned to their donater. We keep no money or merchandise from any donations. All monetary proceeds go to the SF AIDS Foundation.

Mahalo!

S
SES posted on Thu, Feb 5, 2004 3:29 PM

thanks...
I donate to a varied bunch of charities but don't like to be on the "donor lists"... I used to do fundraising... hah...

T

I hope all you NorCal HT's are planning on attending our fundraising blow-out on March 20th.

We have some amazing donations from many talented crafts-people for you to bid on in our silent auction, as well as lots of other cool items, like these great mugs donated by the great folks at Munktiki:

Mark the date!
Saturday night, March 20th!

Martiki & Rebecca are bartending!
The lovely Janice is hula-ing!
Lots of cool surprises!
More fun than a barrel of tikis!

See you then!

Richard & Gretchen
(The Pineapples)

Hi Tikibot,
Excellent cause.
Will you be coming down Hwy 1 through Big Sur?
It runs right in front of my house.

hi everyone -
I don't think we pass through Big Sur on the coast. I've done the ride before, and I'm pretty sure we go over the hills and into the valley after Santa Cruz, and come back to the coast at Morro Bay. But anyone in Santa Barbara on south should watch for us, I know we do a long stretch through Malibu down PCH. We'll keep the SoCal hoity toity's posted, because we're going to hang in LA Saturday night, Sunday and take the train back on Monday. We're incredibly excited! I've done the CA AIDS ride 2x, this is a slightly different ride, same benefactors (SF AIDS Foundation and LA Gay & Lesbian Center) but different organizers. The route isn't finalized until the week before, Cal Tran needs to confirm that roads aren't torn up or anything weird.

We're really excited about the Party on March 20, please try to come if you can. We have also officially registered as a team, TEAM PINEAPPLE, and we are getting custom made cycling jerseys made to wear, and to auction off at the party. Mr. Pineapple (TikiBot) is designing it, so it will have tikis prominently displayed! any TC cyclists who want one, come to the party :) or let us know... Please check out our team home page (below) and feel free to email us with any questions!

We're looking forward to seeing everyone at a) the fundraising party b) the tikicrawl c) the oasis, to help us celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary d) ALL OF THE ABOVE!

aloha-
mrs. pineapple

--
In June 2004, Team Pineapple will be riding their bikes 585 miles to raise money for AIDS education and services, please sponsor us!
For a pledge form you can go to the website, or email us and we'll send you one. Thank you!

https://www.aidslifecycle.org/donate/122

http://www.aidslifecycle.org/122

" I DO!!!! "

[ Edited by: mrs. pineapple on 2004-02-19 22:01 ]

OK Northern California Tiki Central peoples... the party is coming up very soon, March 20th! less than 2 weeks!
We have put up a website with lots of pictures and links to the pledge page, so it's even easier than before! check it out!
http://www.tikibot.com

We're really excited and we hope that some / a lot of you will be able to attend the party or make a donation for our fundraising drive!

The entertainment is confirmed, Lovely Janice and a few members of her Hula family are coming and the show promises to be spectacular!

As promised, drinks will be provided by the fabulous Martiki and his sidekick Ms. Rebecca!

Mr. Pineapple (Tikibot) and I have been riding and training and searching the world for Pineapple decorations! We're very excited!

Please join us for the party!
let us know if you'd like directions to our house, and we'll put you on the official invite list, which will be mailed in a few days!
thanks -
Team Pineapple

" I DO!!!! "

[ Edited by: mrs. pineapple on 2004-03-08 14:52 ]

H

I've had it on my calendar since you announced it, and now it's close enough that I can say YES! I can make it up there for this very special event.

Why is this in Beyond Tiki instead of Tiki Events, though?

How can I donate something for the silent auction?

T

Wow, Humuhumu, we're thrilled you can make it up here for our party. We're getting really excited about all the goodies we're gonna have to auction off and it should be a great night.

CC - mail me with details of what you'd like to donate. We'd need anything asap as we want to get everything up on the website asap. We can pick up in the city if needed. Mail me at [email protected] with your item & contact info.

I have again updated the auction page on Tikibot.com (Just added "The Von Stroheim Experience!" and more)

http://www.tikibot.com/auction/auction.html

Thanks to everyone for your donations & support!

Richard & Gretchen
"Team Pineapple"

T

bump :wink:

S
SES posted on Fri, Mar 19, 2004 11:50 AM

Hey...

The PO is supposed to deliver it tomorrow. Hope you get it in time!

ta!
:)

Thanks, SES!

Hi Susane - The dragonfly necklace came today! WOW! Thank you so much, it's gorgeous! We're going to start the bidding at $200, I have a feeling this will start a ferocious bidding war! yeah! I hope things have calmed down for you a bit, Mr. Pineapple told me about your frantic search for an overnight shipper, again, thank you!
We can't believe how generous and supportive the TC community has been for this event. We are really humbled by your enthusiasm and generosity!
We'll make sure we post a bunch of photos, and a grand total of $$ raised tonight!
Mahalo -
Team Pineapple

--
In June 2004 Team Pineapple will be riding their bikes 585 miles to raise money for AIDS education and services, please sponsor us!

check out our web page!
http://www.tikibot.com

For a pledge form you can go to the website, or email us and we'll send you one. Thank you!

To donate click here -
https://www.aidslifecycle.org/donate/form.cfm?n=122

to find out more about team pineapple click here
http://www.aidslifecycle.org/122

S
SES posted on Sat, Mar 20, 2004 3:02 PM

Great!
Hope it's a huge success!

Pages: 1 15 replies